Street Child of Nigeria (SCoN) invites Interested and qualified firms to express interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
Street Child is a UK charity, established in 2008, that aims to create educational opportunity for some of the world's most vulnerable children Street Child began its work in Sierra Leone in 2008 working with a small number of street children, eight years later we have helped to transform the livesof more than 50,000 children across Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal. In 2017 we launched our first project in Nigeria helping children impacted by conflict in the North East to access education.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Provision of Legal Services (Retainer)
Locations: Abuja (FCT) and Borno
- Street Child of Nigeria (SCoN) is a Non-Government Organization registered in Nigeria working predominately in the humanitarian sector in the North East and has been operational since 2017.
- The organisation supports the most vulnerable children to improve access to and quality education, with integrated child protection and livelihoods activities.
- The national headquarters are based in Abuja, with two additional field offices located in Maiduguri, Borno and Mubi, Adamawa. SCoN’s approach of operation is through local organizations. and we currently have formal partnerships with 11 local organisations across 4 states.
Scope of Work
SCoN seeks to engage the services of a law firm on a retainer basis to provide the following legal services:
Legal Advisory and Representation:
- Rendering general routine legal counsel to SCoN on all aspects of its Operations in Nigeria.
- Drafting of opinions and agreements relating to aspects of SCoN Operations.
- Pursuing and advising on contracts between the SCoN and any third party in respect of SCoN business.
- Court appearances: provide representation in all court cases/suits for SCoN, in any manner and of all kinds.
- Undertake all activities relating to case management including but not limited to: drafting and review of court pleadings, preparation of witnesses, collection of evidence, research and preparation of legal opinions on the merits or demerits of a case and case file maintenance.
- Case file management before any court or tribunal or any other labour office and correspondence(s).
- Represent SCoN in situations that may require legal representation in Nigeria, such as (but not limited to) representation before the police, National Security and before any other armed forces.
- Assist in follow up of documentations with government authorities (work permits, visas, residence permit etc.) that may be required by SCoN for its operations.
- Helping SCoN in securing exemptions whenever needed from local authorities.
- Dealing with any cases of injury to any member of the public by SCoN’s vehicles or other accidental injuries.
- Provision of regular updates on any changes in Nigeria laws or government policy.
- Assess and advise on the relevance and impact of existing or new legislation or policy on SCoN undertakings.
- Attend office conference(s) or meeting with the SCoN management when required.
Document preparation include the following:
- Drafting or preparing of agreement and contracts for SCoN, staff, suppliers and service providers and handling disputes with the same.
- Preparing settlement agreements, attending settlement meetings as the client’s attorney, wherever necessary.
- Upon request by SCoN ensure that all settlement agreements are legally enforceable.
- In cases of settlements, concluding agreement between the claimant under any lawsuit and SCoN and confirming to SCoN management that the lawsuit has been withdrawn whenever that happens.
- The retainer contract will be for a period of 12 months (1 year), with the likely extension of an additional year if we are satisfied with the services provided.
Qualification and Experience
- Be registered with all the relevant government authorities in Nigeria and operating legally in Nigeria.
- Demonstrate capacity to render the above service through a team of qualified advocates.
- Demonstrate experience in rendering similar services to other NGO’s or other organisations of similar nature.
Application Closing Date
23rd March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified firms that wish to show their interest in being considered can send a proposal demonstrating their experience in undertaking such assignments as well as relevant registration documents, qualifications of key personnel and recommendation letters from at least 2 organizations where they have undertaken such assignment to: email@example.com
- The proposal should also include proposed retainer rate per months / annually.
- SCoN reserves the right to accept or reject the proposal.