The Uganda High Commission, Abuja invites sealed Bids from eligible bidders for the execution of the following works:
Uganda's high commission in Abuja is the sole Ugandan representation in Nigeria. The Ugandan high commission is one of 185 foreign representations in Nigeria and one of 112 foreign representations in Abuja. The Ugandan high commission in Abuja is one of 80 Ugandan diplomatic and consular representations abroad.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Bid for the Construction of Chancery Building, Residential Apartment Block, Consular Building (Gate House) and Ancillary Works; for the Uganda High Commission in Abuja, Nigeria; on Plot 311, Cadastral Zone A00, Central Area District, Abuja.
Procurement Reference No.:
The Government of Uganda, represented by the Uganda High Commission Abuja-Nigeria, has allocated funds from the Government to be used for the Construction of Chancery Building, Residential Apartment Block, Consular Building (Gate House) and Ancillary Works; for the Uganda High Commission in Abuja, Nigeria; on Plot 311, Cadastral Zone A00, Central Area District, Abuja.
The proposed development has an approximate Gross Floor Area of 3,328m2; consisting of a 2-storey (3-levels) Office Block; a Residential Block of terraced 4-units duplexes and a Bungalow Consular Block. The super-structures are of reinforced concrete framed systems; having columns, beams and suspended floor slabs, sandcrete block walls, steel roof structures and long-span aluminum roofing sheets. The Project Plot Area is 8,959m2. Other Components of the Project include Swimming Pools, Electrical and Mechanical Services Yard and Structures, Drive-way and Parking, Reinforced Concrete Boundary Fence walls, Landscaped Recreational Areas, etc.
The Entity hereby invites sealed Bids from eligible bidders for the execution of the above-described works.
Interested Bidders are required to provide details of satisfying the following eligibility criteria:
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation by the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including forms CAC2 and CAC7 (or CAC 1:1);
- Company Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 & 2021)
- Company Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2018, 2019 & 2020)
- Evidence of at least last three (3) similar projects in the last five (5) years,
- Company's Profile containing the CV of ALL Key Staff and Technical staff
- List of Plant and Equipment with proof of ownership or lease;
- Minimum average Turnover of Five Hundred Million Naira (N500,000,000.00) only
- Evidence of Financial capability to execute the project, including Bank Statement and Reference Letter from a reputable Commercial bank indicating willingness to provide Credit facility for the execution of the project if/when necessary and needed.
12:00 noon (Nigerian Time) Wednesday, 13th April, 2022.
Opening of Bids
11. Bids will be opened in the presence of the Bidders' Representatives, who choose to attend, at the address stated below; at 11.30 GMT, i.e. 12.30 Nigeria Time; on Wednesday 13th April, 2022.
Collection of Documents
The bidding document, which has been prepared in English language, may be purchased by interested bidders at the address below upon payment of a non-refundable Fee of One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N150,000.00) only. The method of payment will be by CASH - payable to the Accounts Section and a Receipt issued. A copy of the Payment Receipt should be included in the Bid Submission.
Submission of Documents
Bidders are to submit 1-Original and 3-Copies; (1+3). The Bids must be in a single envelope/ package which should be sealed/waxed, addressed and submitted as specified in the ITB 23 and BDS to:
Uganda High Commission,
No 3, Mandara Close,
Off Mambilla Street Aso Drive Maitama,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Tel: +234 813 266 6559
- All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of Thirty-Five Million Naira (N35,000,000.00) only. Bid Securities must be valid until Six (6) months after the deadline for submission of Bids.
- Late bids shall be rejected.
- There shall be a pre-bid Meeting and Joint Site Visit at 10.00 GMT, 1.e. 11.00 Nigeria Time; on Wednesday 23rd March, 2022.
- Bidding shall be conducted in accordance with the procedures contained in the UGANDA Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Act, 2003 (as amended) and the Regulations made under the Act; and is open to all eligible Bidders.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents at the address stated above; from 08.30 - 15.00 GMT, i.e. 09.30 - 16.00 Nigeria Time.
The Planned Procurement Schedule is as follows:
|Publish Bid Notice
||Wednesday, 16th March 2022
|Pre-bid Meeting & Site visit
||Wednesday, 23rd March 2022; at 10.00 GMT, i.e. 11.00 Nigeria Time
|Bid Closing Date
||Wednesday 13th April, 2022; at 11.00 GMT, i.e. 12.00 Nigeria Time
|Bid Opening Date
||Wednesday 13th April, 2022; at 11.30 GMT, i.e. 12.30 Nigeria Time
||(Within 40 working days from date of Bid Opening)
|Display and communication of best evaluated bidder notice
||(Within 5 working days from Contracts Committee award)
||(After expiry of at least 10 working days from display of the best evaluated bidder notice and subsequent approval from the Government of Uganda Attorney General).
Bidders are required to Visit the Project Site and obtain a Site Visit Certificate. Site Visit Certificate and an ESHS Code should be included in the Bid Submission; as part of Administrative Compliance (see ITB 34.3).