The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites interested service providers to express interest by submitting RFP documents for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a United Nations agency that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - MHAC Waste Management and Disposal Services
RFP No.: NG10-2022-025_MHAC Waste Disposal Services
The Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) under the UN Agency for Migration (IOM), requires the effective provision of collection and disposal of medical waste.
IOM is running and managing two (2) health facilities, MHAC and United Nations (UN) Isolation Centre. As health facilities, the medical waste must be disposed properly according to the standards of the Ministry of Health, and Environmental Protection Agency of the Republic of Nigeria.
Scope of Work
To provide proper medical waste removal from the two (2) premises, proper transportation, separation and disposal. The scope of the contract shall include:
Type of Waste
||Qty (Kg) in a day (approximately)
||Qty (Kg) in a week (approximately)
||Waste containing blood, secretions or any other biological waste entailing a risk of contamination
||4kg (Packed in a red biohazard plastic bag)
||Chemical Waste and Sharp Objects (Waste entailing risk injury)
||Waste containing chemical substances: leftover laboratory solvents, disinfectants, photographic developers, and fixers. Needles, syringes, blades, glass
||2kg (Packed in a red biohazard plastic bag and sharp objects are packed in safety box)
||Waste containing protective clothing, helmets, gloves, face shields, goggles, facemasks and/or respirators or other equipment designed to protect the wearer (PPEs)
||6kg (Packed in a red biohazard plastic bag)
- Weekly collection of medical waste (Biological waste, sharp objects and Chemical waste) from MHAC, Asokoro Abuja
- Collection of waste (Infectious waste) twice in a month from the UN Isolation center, Durumi, Abuja
- Transportation of medical waste to final disposal site according to medical waste disposal protocol defined by the Ministry of Health, and Environmental Protection Agency of the Republic of Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
- CAC and FIRS certificate
- Company profile
- Financial Proposal
- Methodology/work plan of the waste disposal collection and disposal (collection, medical waste handling, disposal method)
- Number of years in the providing medical waste disposal service
- Reference Letters to support the experience
- Permit/license/certification to do general waste disposal service and medical waste disposal service
- List of dedicated waste disposal fleet and equipment (owned or hire). Type, Function, Quantity and availability. The bidder must demonstrate adequate ownership of the minimum required assets and/or equipment, has access to them through ownership or hire
- Company’s Structure/Organigram Key professional staff qualifications and competency for the assignment. CVs of at least the following personnel:
- Managing Director
- Account/Customer Service Manager
5:00pm Tuesday, 22nd March, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The Proposals must be delivered by hand to IOM with office address at:
No. 55 Hassan Musa Katsina Road,
F.C.T - Abuja.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.
IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal and to annul the selection process and reject all Proposals at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to affected Service Providers/ Consulting Firms.