The Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the following works:
The Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) is a federal government university in Owerri West, the capital of Imo State, Nigeria. The university is bounded by the communities of Eziobodo, Umuchima, Ihiagwa and Obinze. It is the premier federal university of technology in the South-East and South-South parts of Nigeria.
The university is the oldest university of technology in Nigeria and was established in 1980 by executive fiat with the composition and appointment of the first provisional council by Nigeria's first Executive President, Shehu Shagari. It became the first of three such universities set up by the Federal Government of Nigeria which sought to establish a University of Technology in each geopolitical region and particularly in a state which did not have a conventional university.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Bid
Project: Center of Excellence in Sustainable Procurement, Environmental and Social Standards (CE-SPESS).
IDA Credit No.:
RFB No: NG-FUTO OWERRI 2511-GO-RFB
The Federal University of Technology Owerri CE-SPESS has applied for financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Sustainable Procurement, Environmental and Social Standards Enhancement (SPESSE) Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contracts for the procurement of office furniture, supply and installation of furniture for 10 Classrooms, supply and installation of renewable energy systems, acquisition of books for Procurement Management, Social Standards and Environmental Standards and supply of office equipment, laptops and computers.
The Centre of Excellence in Procurement, Environmental and Social Standards (CE-SPESS) of the Federal University of Technology Owerri now invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for the procurement/installation of office furniture, supply and installation of furniture for 10 classrooms, supply and installation of renewable energy systems, acquisition of books and supply of office equipment, laptops and computers for SPESSE Centre of Excellence at the Federal University of Technology Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
Bidding is open to all eligible Bidders and will be conducted through National Competitive Bidding using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers, dated November 2020 ("Procurement Regulations").
Scope of Work
- Lot 1. Procurement / Installation of Office furniture for Procurement Management, Environmental and Social Standards.
- Lot 2. Procurement / Installation of Furniture for 10 Classrooms/Libraries and Students Space.
- Lot 3. Procurement of Renewable Energy Systems for Procurement Management and Social Standards.
- Lot 4. Procurement of Books for Procurement Management, Environment and Social Standards.
- Lot 5. Procurement / Installation of Office Equipment, Laptops and Computers.
Firms that cannot meet the following key qualifications requirements are not encouraged to participate in the Bidding process:
Application Closing Date
- Average Annual Turnover Requirement; Minimum Average Annual Turnover of:
- Thirty Million Naira Only (NGN 30,000,000.00) only Lot 1 - Lot 5, respectively, calculated as Total Certified Payments received for contracts in progress or completed within the last three (3 years).
- Specific Experience:
- A minimum number of two (2) similar contracts specified that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or subcontractor between 1st January 2018 and this bid submission deadline.
- Mandatory Requirement/Eligibility Criteria:
- Evidence of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Including forms CAC2 and CAC7;
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the last 3 years (2020,2021,2022) valid till 31st December, 2022.
- Current PENCOM Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Current NSITF Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Current ITF Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and service Providers (NDCCSPS) by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December, 2022;
- Sworn Affidavits, not earlier than date of advertisement, attesting to the authenticity of information provided, disclosing whether or not any of the relevant committee of the university is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any peculiar interest in the Bidder and none of the company's Directors has been convicted of any criminal offence;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last 3 years (2019, 2020, and 2021). For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) should be provided with the above mandatory requirement are compulsory for each JV partner.
- A Company is not allowed to bid for more than two lots.
- In accordance with Para. 3.19 of the Procurement Regulations, a firm that submits more than one bid under the same Lot, either individually or as a joint venture partner, shall be disqualified.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrowers to disclose information on the successful bidder's beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as indicated in the bidding document.
6th April, 2022.
Collection of Bidding Documents
The bidding document in English language may be purchased by interested bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of non-refundable fee of Twenty thousand-naira only (N20, 000.00) via Remita by generating Remita Retrieval Reference (RRR) for FUTO CES-PESS with your email address, company Name and phone number.
Steps for RRR Generation:
- Log on to www.remita.net
- Click on pay FGN and state TSA
- Click again on: Federal Government of Nig
- Type in Name of MDA/ Federal University of Technology Owerri (1000122)
- Name of Service/Purpose: Scroll, Search and Click on Projects
- Description of Payment: Type in CE-SPESS BID.
- Type in Payer's Name, Phone Number, Email Address
- Click on Submit Payment then click on Print Invoice. Pay via Bank Branch (cash).
Evidence of payment in accordance with item 5 above must accompany all Bid submission.
Submission of Technical and Financial Bids
Submission of Technical and Financial Bids for each lot (1 original and 1 photocopy) should be in separate sealed envelopes clearly marked "Technical Bids" and "Financial Bids", respectively and sealed in one common outer envelope stating the company's name on the reverse side of the envelope, the project name and the Lot No.
All envelopes should be dropped in a Tamper proof bid box located at the:
Room 205, First Floor,
Federal University of Technology Owerri,
- Please ensure you collect acknowledgement for envelopes deposited in the Bid Box.
- Bid opening is on Wednesday 6th April 2022 at 12.00 Noon Nigeria local time at Registrar's Conference Room.
- The Bidders are expected to send their Bids before the deadline for submission. Any Bid submitted after deadline for submission will be returned unopened to the Bidder.
- Bidder representatives may attend the bid opening ceremony.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of not more than 2% of the Bid Price.
For enquiries contact:
Mrs. Ugo N. Ozurumba,
CE-SPESS Procurement Officer,
Room 205 First Floor,
Senate Building Complex,
Federal University of Technology Owerri,
Tel: +234 8161349527