Creative Associates International invites interested and competent consultant(s) to indicate interest by submitting RFQ documents for the following works:
Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges. Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotations (RFQ) for Grants Management Support to NE Connection
Funded by: USAID / Nigeria, AID-OAA-I-13-0005 / 72062021F00005
Estimated Period of Performance: March 2022 - October 2022
Attachment 1: Tasks To Be Performed
Consistent with Northeast Connection program and USAID’s grant processes and requirements, the grants management consultant is expected to:
Results and / or Deliverables
- Oversee/facilitate all aspects of the grant lifecycle; contribute to market research, preparation of Notice of Funding Opportunities, grant design, facilitating evaluation process, pre-award risk assessment, budget development, kick-off meetings, award monitoring, and closeout processes
- With the DCOP, develop and manage grants process workflow and create job aids and tools to support staff understanding and adherence to the grant cycle.
- Lead grantee kickoff meetings, ensuring appropriate coordination among grants, finance, procurement, and program staff and timeliness of events.
- Ensure adherence to the established grant monitoring and documentation procedures, conducting regular reviews of grant documentation to ensure that grants are being implemented in accordance with USAID and Creative policies, rules, and regulations.
- Work closely with program and procurement teams to monitor GUC mechanisms overall budget and assist the DCOP and HO Project Manager with budget forecasting for grant activities.
- Monitor grantee adherence to agreed-upon implementation plans, budgets, and timelines to proactively alert the DCOP and COP of any need for grant amendments. These may include scope, cost, and/or time amendments necessitating approvals from USAID. The grant management consultant is responsible for drafting and justifying the request in coordination with the program managers.
- Develop complete grant packages with the required back-up documentation for each grant (i.e., In-kind Grants, Fixed-Award Amount, etc.) according to the grant manual.
- Review and analyze grant budget estimates for allowability, allocability and reasonableness of cost.
- Prepares and sends official responses to applicants after selection or rejection.
- Collaborate with the program team to assist in developing and revising mechanisms for making payments, monitoring & reporting financial performance.
- Establish and maintain proper grant tracker, processes, documentation, and monitor and record budget and payment information and contract deliverables.
- Monitor grant expenses and work with grants and program officers to provide regular updates on grant status including developing and maintaining grantee activity calendar.
- Where appropriate, assist the grantees in developing the work plans, budgets, monitoring progress, tracking expenses, preparing reports, and following up on grantees complains based on the terms of their agreements.
- Regularly follow up with grants staff and grantees to track deliverables and implementation of activities.
- Coordinate with program teams to ensure thorough review of grantee deliverables and reports and ensure timely financial disbursements and compliance with grants financial management policies.
- Manage grantee database, ensuring accuracy of information and updating regularly.
- Ensure all grant documentation is properly filed and up to date on SharePoint, in accordance with grants checklist.
- Ensures grant concept notes and proposals received are summarized and documented in Grants Review Table.
- Complete reviews of approximately 15 high- quality grant packages in accordance with Creative policies and procedures and are submitted to USAID in a timely manner.
- A revised grants cycle is developed to manage the full award cycle easily and efficiently from solicitation to closeout, inclusive of processes to ensure:
- Grantees are assisted in developing work plans, budgets and, monitoring tools to ensure proper grant management and reporting for approximately 15 grants.
- Close-out all year 1 and 2 grants as per creative procedures and policies.
- Update the NE connection tracker on a weekly basis and share with DCOP for review and circulation.
- Consultants with the requisite qualifications will be given a blanket consulting agreement under which specific work assignments will be ordered on an ad hoc basis, subject to consultant’s availability.
- Consultants may be required to compete against other similarly qualified consultants, though generally work will be assigned and negotiated directly with the consultant.
Statement Of Capabilities
- This consultancy is expected to be fully remote with limited or no travel requirements. To help the consultants complete their assignments, Creative may provide a communication allowance for (phone/internet credit). Project resources may also be available on Creative’s SharePoint site for the consultant’s use as appropriate.
- The selected consultant will report directly to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). Consultants are expected to have their own computers, phones, and any other piece of equipment or software necessary in their line of work.
The Consultant will be expected to have the requisite skills, experience, and education to provide the Northeast Connection program quality grant management expertise for its Grants Under Contract (GUC) and Rapid Response Grants in accordance with USAID’s grant management processes. Specifically, the desired qualifications for this agreement are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Business Administration, Financial Analysis or related field required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience (including at least two years of supervisory experience) and at least two (2) years working in international development strongly preferred.
- Minimum three (3) years’ grants administration experience with international donors is required, previous USAID grant experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing a team and ability to work under own initiative.
- Ability to analyze cost applications and prepare reports and recommendations on whether applicants should be funded.
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to grants management.
- Strong computer skills using Microsoft office (word, excel etc.) software for budgeting and tracking purposes is essential.
- Excellent attention to details while reviewing grant packages to ensure consistency in all grant documents is highly required.
- Understanding of budget and cost control management and ability to analyze budget line items for compliance isrequired.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and develop strong working relationships with grantees.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, performing complex tasks and prioritizing multiple projects.
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
Estimated Level of Effort:
Attachment 2: Blanket Consultant Agreement - Terms and Conditions (Word Docs).
- The BCA's total estimated LOE is 120 days. Individual assignments will be issued through limited work orders that vary in duration and scope. The LOE for the first work order is 42 days.
Application Closing Date
05:00 PM, Eastern Standard Time: 3rd June, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified consultants should direct all correspondence and / or inquiries regarding this Request for Quotations (RFQ) via email to: email@example.com
which must reference the RFQ Number above as the subject of the email.
Click here for Statement Of Capabilities
Click here for the Budget Template
Click here for Annex A Reps, Certs and Consents Form
Click here for the Vendor Information Form
Click here for W8 Instructions Form
Click here for the W9 Form
Please Submit the following documents in Response to this RFQ:
- Confirm that you have the qualifications and experience to perform the work as defined in the statement of capabilities AND are available to perform the work during the period of performance required.
- An updated CV that reflects the education, skills, and experience required in Attachment 1, and demonstrates the ability to carry out the statement of capabilities.
- Confirm that you can perform the work within the not-to-exceed level of effort (LOE) stated in the statement of capabilities or provide an alternate LOE and justify. Also include any non-labor costs expectations.
- Creative intends to award one or more blanket consultant agreements under which work will be negotiated as fixed price or level of effort performance-based activities. Creative reserves the right to make multiple awards or no award as a result of this RFQ.
- Attachment 2 (Terms and Conditions), Annex A (Reps, Certs and Consents form) and W-8; W-9; Vendor forms, as applicable are provided for your information at this stage in the solicitation process. Completed forms will be required only if you have been selected for the consulting opportunity. However, you may complete, sign, and submit the forms as part of your response to this request.
- A Budget Template is also provided. You are not required to use this template and can submit pricing in any format that allows Creative to evaluate the realism and reasonableness of your price in relation to the work required.
- Selection will be made on the basis of technical capability and overall best value. Modifications to this RFQ, including closing date extensions, will be posted on the Creative website. Please check the website for updates.
- Also note that Creative desires to keep potential consultant personal data on an internal database for the sole purpose of searching for qualified individuals for future opportunities. If you wish to be entered into our database to be considered for potential future work, please go to: https://registration.creativedc.com/wp/login/?redirect_to=https%3A%2F%2Fregistration.creativedc.com%2Fwp%2F