The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) invites interested and reputable consultancy firm(s) to submit RFQ documents for the following works:
The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), formerly the United Nations Fund for Population Activities, is a UN agency aimed at improving reproductive and maternal health worldwide.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) - Consultancy for the Provision of a Financial Disclosure Programme Verification Exercise
The verification process following the annual financial disclosure cycle will cover a random sample of approximately 7-10 per cent of staff members (diversified by location/grade/functions) who were among those required to submit financial disclosure (FD) statements in respect of the previous calendar year.
It is to be emphasized that the verification exercise is not an investigation. It is a proactive, conflicts of interest prevention exercise.
Scope and Objectives
The consultancy firm selected to carry out the verification process is expected to solicit from the sample filing population third party documents – e.g., bank statements, brokerage statements (inclusive of but not limited to statements from investment advisers or financial institutions which provide investment services, such as recommending and executing the purchase of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds), proof of real estate owned (such as government tax records or tax bills or mortgage statements), etc - to authenticate the accuracy of the information that has been reported (i.e., assets, liabilities, etc.) by the selected filer in his/her financial disclosure statement in respect of himself/herself and his/her spouse and/or dependent child(ren).
Furthermore, based on the third party documents that have been submitted, the verification process will also ascertain whether a filer (or his/her spouse and/or dependent child(ren)) has any interest in (financial or otherwise) or association with, any entity with which the filer may be required, directly or indirectly, to have dealings on behalf of UNFPA, or which has any commercial or other interest in the work of the United Nations, or a common area of activity with the United Nations.
The consultancy firm is required to undertake the following activities:
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- Create a randomized list of staff for the verification exercise using a list, provided by the Ethics Advisor, of all participants in the financial disclosure programme.
- Communicate with the sample filing population and secure supporting third party documents that would verify the accuracy of the information that the former have disclosed in their FD statements.
- Review supporting documents and determine if the information disclosed in the FD statements were accurate; and conduct follow-up, if required, to ensure completeness of the third party documents that have been submitted.
- Inform the Ethics Office if a filer is unable or has refused to provide the required third party documents.
- Review third party documents to detect if there are any actual, potential or perceived conflicts of interest, or if there are discrepancies between the original disclosure and the submitted documentation.
- Send an e-mail informing each staff member of the completion of the verification exercise and advising that communication on full compliance with the requirements of financial disclosure will be sent by the Ethics Office.
- Submit a report to the Ethics Office documenting the procedures that were followed to conduct the verification, the results of the verification process and recommendations for the resolutions of any conflicts of interest that were determined.
The consultant team must offer the following demonstrated experience, knowledge and competencies.
- Expertise and experience in conflicts of interest reviews, including financial documents (min. 3 years) and to manage highly confidential information
- Knowledge and experience of UN environments desirable
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or law license, or similar professional designation in home jurisdiction of consultants assigned to project
- High level English reading, writing & speaking ability; French/Spanish desirable
- Positive references
To ensure confidentiality, UNFPA reserves the right to limit the number of consultants from the firm who will work on this project. It is anticipated that two consultants will be needed.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Quotations are to be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following guidelines for electronic submissions:
- The following reference must be included by the Bidder in the email subject line:
- UNFPA/USA/RFQ/22/022 - (Company name), Technical Bid
- UNFPA/USA/RFQ/22/022 - (Company name), Financial Bid
- Submissions without this text in the subject line may be rejected or overlooked and therefore not considered.
- It is the Bidder’s responsibility to assure compliance with the submission process. If the envelopes or emails are not marked / submitted per the instructions, UNFPA will neither assume responsibility for the bid’s misplacement or premature opening nor guarantee the confidentiality of the Bid process. Incorrect submissions might result in your Bid being declared invalid.
- Please do NOT send the emails containing your offer to any other email address (not even as a copy (CC) or blind copy (BCC)); otherwise UNFPA will not be able to guarantee confidentiality and fair and transparent handling of your bid. UNFPA reserves the right to reject bids sent via the appropriate channel but copied or blind copied to other email addresses
- The total email size may not exceed 20 MB (including email body, encoded attachments and headers). Where the technical details are in large electronic files, it is recommended that these be sent separately before the deadline.
- When submitting electronic offers, Bidders will receive an auto-reply acknowledging receipt of the first email. Should your offer require you to submit more than one email, in the body of this first email, bidders are requested to list the number of messages, which make up their technical offer and the number of messages, which make up their financial offer. If you do not receive any auto-reply for the first email from UNFPA’s email system, please inform Mr. Diego Bragado Zapatero at email@example.com
- Any quotation submitted will be regarded as an offer by the bidder and does not constitute or imply the acceptance of any quotation by UNFPA. UNFPA is under no obligation to award a contract to any bidder as a result of this RFQ.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFQ.
Related Document: Price Quotation Form