The Ministry of Mines and Steel Development invites interested and eligible consultant(s) to submit EOI documents for the following works:
The Ministry of Mines and Steel Development is an agency set up to unlock the economic potentials of the solid minerals sub-sector in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI)
Project ID No: P159761
Project: Mineral Sector Support For Economic Diversification (Min Diver) Project
Assignment Title: Engagement Of A Consulting Firm To Provide Technical Assistance And Supervise The Conduct Of Geochemical Mapping Of Selected Areas Under The Proof Of Concept In Nigeria
The Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) has obtained a credit from the International Development Association-IDA/World Bank to support the Government towards reviving the process of Economic diversification through the mining sector.
The Ministry of Mines and Steel Development the implementing agency through the Mineral Sector Support for Economic Diversification (MinDiver) Project intends to apply part of the proceeds for eligible payments under the contract for the engagement of a consulting firm to conduct geochemical mapping over a target area to complement the airborne geophysical survey to aid in the definition of metallogenic belts within the area of investigation, to which this request for expression of interest is issued.
The objective of this Consulting Services ("the Services") is to carry out geochemical sampling to delineate targets for further mineral exploration in the target area with the proof-of-concept areas covered by the High-Resolution Airborne Geophysical Survey being carried out to generate integrated Geoscience information.
Scope of Work
Under the scope of work of this activity:
- The successful consultant will be expected to develop a scheme for a detailed program of field activities for the Geo-Chemical Mapping of selected areas targeted under the proof of concept in Nigeria.
- The consultant, alongside Nigeria Geological Support Agency (NGSA) staff, will undertake geochemical sampling of stream sediments, soil, and rocks for geochemical analysis and elemental concentration maps on 15 Global Reference Network (GRN) cells and corresponding 50 topo sheet maps.
- The consultant will also support NGSA to provide overall project management expertise.
- As part of the joint field data gathering exercises, the consultant shall monitor and assess techniques adopted by the NGSA, suggest improvements, and develop capacity-building activities to develop world-class experts in the domain of geochemical sampling collection, processing, and interpretation.
- The consultant will provide capacity building and knowledge transfer to NGSA staff by way of pre-field lectures, on-the-job training or on-the-field demonstration in addition to quality control procedures and data interpretation methodologies
- The Consultant shall monitor and review fieldwork carried by the teams based on the agreed technical proposal work-plan in order to ensure compliance with Total Quality Management objectives, procedures, accuracy, standards, and specifications
- The Mineral Sector Support for Economic Diversification (Min Diver) Project now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the above services. Interested firms must provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. (.e. Letter of interest, Brochure, Description of similar assignments, Availability of essential technology and other logistic resources, availability of appropriate skills amongst Staff, etc.).
The shortlisting criteria are:
Application Closing Date
- General listing of projects experiences for the last ten years, including the completed and the ongoing projects
- Specific description of the similar assignments in the last ten years with evidence such as Award letter). This should cover the role played by the consulting firm/consortium/joint venture in the field of geological mapping, sampling, and GIS.
- Specific experience in countries with similar conditions as Nigeria
- The firm Organization structure (Organogram) showing human resources, adequacy of the staff to perform the technical tasks.
12:00 noon Wednesday, 27th April, 2022.
Collection of Documents
to view the detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment.
Submission of Documents
Expression of interest must be delivered either electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The address stated below at:
The Project coordinator,
Mineral Sector Support for Economic Diversification Project (MinDiver),
10, Lola Close,
Off Luanda Crescent,
Off Ademola Adetokunbo Crescent,
Wuse II - (FCT) Abuja.
Phone: 234-909324 0644 Ext 8018
- Interested Consultants may obtain further clarifications via the email above.
- For each project performed the consultant shall provide the name and contact address of the client (office & e-mail address, and telephone number), date(s) of execution, name(s) of lead and associate firms and contract amount.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 3.16 of the World Bank's Procurement Regulations on Selection and Employment of Consultants (under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers edition of July 2016 revised November 2017 and August 2018 ("Consultant Regulations") also setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
- The implementation period for this activity shall be Six (6) Months.
- A Consulting firm will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) Method procedures in the Bank's Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers (July 2016) (Procurement Regulations) revised in November 2017, August 2018, and November 2020 and open to all eligible firms and individuals as defined in the Procurement Regulations. Available on www.worldbank.org/procure