The Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) invites reputable, experienced and competent IT Consulting Firms and Engineering and Construction Company(s) to indicate interest by submitting Tender and EOI documents for the following works:
The Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) is a government-owned and operated corporation, is the Nigerian postal administration responsible for providing postal services in Nigeria. NIPOST is a 100% Federal Government of Nigeria-owned parastatal in the Ministry of Communications & Digital Economy.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender and Request for Expression of Interest (REOI)
In compliance with the Public Procurement Act, 2007, as amended by the Finance Act, 2020, the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) is inviting reputable, experienced and competent IT Consulting Firms who are experienced and has good track record in designing, developing and deploying applications, software and solutions to submit expression of interest in respect of the below stated services as well as inviting experienced and competent engineering and construction company and interested, reputable qualified suppliers/contractors/companies to submit Technical and Financial Bids in respect of the under listed works and supplies in the implementation of its year 2022 budget.
Scope of Work
Category A - Services:
- Lot M1: Deployment of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system complying that will assist in automating and digitalizing program, administration, HR, with the requirements of the project targets. The ERP must be scalable able to allow additional modules and must interface with other information system.
- LotM2: Provision and deployment of detailed Enterprise Support Strategy for NIPOST that defines clear goals for a Standard Enterprise Support Solution based on best practice in alignment with NIPOST peculiarities etc
Category B - Goods:
- Lot N3: Supply of EMS/Speedpost Receipts
- Lot N4: Supply of EMS/Speedpost Tamper Proof Envelopes and EMS/Speedpost Plastic Security Seals.
Category C - Works:
- Lot P5: Remodeling of the Sorting Hall at International Mail Processing Centre (IMPC), Ikeja, Lagos.
- Lot P6: Rehabilitation of Shomolu Post-Office.
Application Closing Date (Category A)
- Bidders and Interested firms should submit two (2) bounded copies of the Expression of Interests (Eols) documents or Technical bids, duly signed, paginated separated by dividers and arranged in the order outlined hereunder
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7. Business Name is also acceptable for Services;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years valid till 31" December, 2022 with a minimum average annual turnover of N25 Million.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N5om and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Nigerian Postal Service or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020, and 2021).
- Reference letter from a reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the project when needed.
- Company's Profile with Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON, CPN etc.;
- Verifiable document evidence of at least (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including letters of awards, valuation certificates, job completion certificate and photographs of the projects. Lots 1 & 2:
- Evidence of Firm's current registration/accreditation with Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria (CPN) and National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA);
- For Category B - Goods, Suppliers/Contractors must show evidence of authorisation as approved dealer/representatives from the manufactures in Nigeria.
- Category C: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease;
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding Letter Head of the company/firms bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone number (preferably GSM NO) and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
12:00 noon Monday, 4 April, 2022.
Application Closing Date (Categories B&C)
12:00 noon Wednesday, 20 April, 2022.
Opening of EOI and Technical Bids
The Expression of Interests and the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission at 12:00 noon Monday, 4 April, 2022 and 12:00 noon Wednesday, 20 April, 2022 respectively in the Board Room of the Nigerian Postal Service Corporate Headquarters, Garki II, Abuja, FCT, while the financial bids will be kept un-opened.
Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Director, (Procurement) in Room 222, Second Floor of the NIPOST Corporate Headquarters, Garki II, Abuja, FCT as the NIPOST will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents (Category B&C)
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents (SBDs) from the office of the DIRECTOR, Procurement, NIPOST Corporate Headquarters, Room 222, Second Floor, Garki II, Abuja on evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of (10,000.00) Ten Thousand Naira only per Lot, paid into the NIPOST's Remita Account in any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria. Interested Firms in Consultancy Service will not pay at this stage until after shortlisting.
Submission of EOI (Category A)
Interested Firms are to submit the Expression of Interest (EOI) for each of the Lots desired in two (2) hard copies each (one original & one copy). The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the name of the project and the Lot number and addressed to:
General/CEO NIPOST Corporate Headquarters,
Room 222, Second Floor,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box at the Procurement Department not later than the specified closing date.
Submission of Tender Documents (Categories B&C)
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lots desired in two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bids" or "Financial Bids". Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with the name of the project and the Lot number addressed to the above stated address.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tenders Box at the Procurement Department not later than the specified closing date.
- EOIs & Bids must be in English language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- Eols & Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) lots.
- Failure to submit any of the above stated requirements shall lead to disqualification of bid/Eols.
- Notwithstanding the submission by any company, the Nigerian Postal Service is neither committed nor obligated to offer any Company or Firm an award in any form of contract or its agency company.
- NIPOST reserves the right to conduct independent inspection of works claimed to have been carried out previously.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders; Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines.
- The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency:
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Category B&C: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- Category A: Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- NIPOST is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
For further enquiries, please contact the Director Procurement.