The University of Ibadan invites interested reputable, competent, experienced Contractors and Suppliers to submit tender documents for the following works:
The University of Ibadan is a public research university in Ibadan, Nigeria. The university was founded in 1948 as University College Ibadan, one of many colleges within the University of London. It became an independent university in 1962 and is the oldest degree-awarding institution in Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender
The University of Ibadan, the First University in Nigeria established in the year 1948 with a vision to be a world--class institution for academic excellence geared towards meeting societal needs hereby invites interested reputable, competent, experienced Contractors and Suppliers for execution of University Projects.
Scope of Work
The project is to be funded by African Union under African Union Inter-African Bureau for Animal Science (AU-IBAR):
- Lot M1 - Supply of Laboratory Equipment to AU-IBAR African Centre of Excellence, University of Ibadan.
Interested bidders/consultants shall submit the following minimum verifiable technical requirements to be eligible for contract consideration.
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 or CAC 2 and CAC7.
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 & 2021) valid till 31 December, 2022.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of Nigerian Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration with the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by Bureau of Public Procurement.
- Sworn affidavit disclosing:
- Whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of University of Ibadan or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- That the Bidder is neither in receivership nor a subject of insolvency/bankruptcy/winding up proceedings
- That none of the Bidder's Directors has ever been convicted in any country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification or falsification of facts relating to any matter.
- Company Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2019,2020 & 2021)
- Reference letter from a reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Evidence of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) Certificate.
- Evidence of 2% Bid Security on Bid Price where bid price is N100 million or above;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the Projects;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner).
- Consent to allow for Verification of all the documents submitted including (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate and Company's financial standing with bankers
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number(RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
12:00 noon Monday, 18th April, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 18 April, 2022, while the Financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register as the University will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested bidders are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the office of the Director of Procurement, University of Ibadan on evidence of payment of a non-refundable Tender fee of N10,000 per Lot The Tender fee should be paid into University of Ibadan's TSA account and evidence of payment should be taken to the Cash Office of Bursary to obtain University's Official Receipt.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for the desired Lot. Four (4No.) copies of the Technical Bid and Four (4No.) of the Financial Bid packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid" or "Financial Bid" as applicable while bidding consultants are required to submit only Expression of Interest.
Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes (Technical & Financial Bid) together in a bigger sealed envelope labelled "Technical" and "Financial Bid" with the "Project Name/Title" and Lot No" clearly written on the top Right-Hand corner and addressed delivered to:
Procurement Planning Committee,
University of Ibadan,
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for the submission would be returned un-opened.
- All costs will be bome by bidders.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened.
- The University of Ibadan is neither committed nor obliged to shortlist any Contractor,
- The University will only recognise and correspond with only authorised officers of the Tendering Companies and NOT through individuals or agents acting on their behalf.
- This advertisement for invitation shall neither be construed as a commitment on the part of the University nor shall it entitle any contractor to make any claims whatsoever and for seek any indemnity from the University of Ibadan. Tendering with false document is an offence, which will lead to disqualification and prosecution.
- The University of Ibadan, Ibadan is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement Process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.