The Niger Delta University (NDU) invites competent and reputable contractors to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The Niger Delta University (NDU) is in Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State in southern part of Nigeria. It was established in 2000. It is a Bayelsa state government-funded university. in 2002, It was established by Chief DSP Alamieyeseigha, then governor of Bayelsa state.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) for Year 2019-2020 (Merged) Tertiary Education Trust Fund Intervention for ICT Support
The Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island was established by Law in 2000, with the Vision to be a Centre of Excellence defined by well articulated programmes that will produce creative and innovative minds and with the Mission to thrive to maintain an international reputation for high-quality scholarship, research and academic excellence for the promotion of the socio-cultural and economic wellbeing of mankind.
Competent and reputable contractors are hereby invited to make submissions for pre-qualification and tender for the Design/Implementation of Electronic Learning Application & Electronic Learning Support Training funded by the years 2019-2020 (merged) Tertiary Education Trust Fund Intervention for ICT support.
Scope of Service
The scope of Service consists of the following:
Electronic Learning Application & Electronic Learning Support Training:
- User Requirement Gathering/Adaptation - Adapting user requirement specification provided in TETFund guideline and customize for the Beneficiary Institution
- Analysis - Analysis of the functional specification to produce the use case diagram/model for the E-Learning platform
- Design - Design of the resultant Use Case Model to provide the Class and Database model
- Coding - Using, Java.net, Enterprise Java, LA ravel framework or ASP.Net framework to TETF/UNI/NDU code the design model into functional software
- User Acceptance Testing (AT) - Carrying out user acceptance testing on the developed software in present of all stakeholders including TETFund
- Deployment/Hosting - 1year 8GB RAM Linux hosting with unlimited HDD, SSL, WAF and automatic backup
- Training a minimum of 5 staff including Director and other staff of the Institution for a minimum of 5 days.
Independent Performance Security & Evaluation (Pse);
- Application Security - Independent Performance Security & Evaluation (PSE) to be carried out by relevant body
All intending bidders should submit the following documents:
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7. Business Name is also acceptable;
- Evidence of Company Income's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2022; with minimum average annual turnover of N10 million;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Evidence of current registration/accreditation with Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria and National Information Technology Development Agency (NIDA).
- A Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Niger Delta University or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Indicating that the company does not at the time of this bid have any existing loan or financial liability with a bank, other financial institutions or third party that is classified as doubtful non-performing, or whose repayment portion has been outstanding for the last three months
- Unabridged Company Audited Report for the immediate past (3) years (2019, 2020 & 2021);
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility not less than N10 million for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
12:00 noon Tuesday, 5th April, 2022.
Opening of EOI
The EOI will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon Tuesday, 5th April, 2022 in the Vice-Chancellor's Conference Room, Niger Delta University. Please, ensure that you sign the EOI Submission Register in the Registrar's Office, as the University will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted EOls.
Submission of EOI Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit two (2) hard copies of each of the Eol in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "EOI", with the Name, Telephone Number and Mailing Address of the bidding entity and addressed to:
Niger Delta University,
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder boldly written at the centre and delivered to the address indicated above not later than the specified closing date.
- Late submission shall be returned un-opened.
- The University shall verify all the claims made by applicants and shall disqualify any company whose claims are found to be false in addition to other sanctions that may be deemed necessary;
- Bidders who have worked for the University and have a history of poor performance, abandonment, termination and/or prolonged contract execution period need not apply:
- All submission pages must be duly initialled by the company
- Non-compliance to the instructions will lead to disqualification;
- Submission must be made only in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder,
- This Request shall not be construed to be commitment on the part of the University nor shall it entitle any Company to make any claims whatever and seek indemnity from the University, by virtue of having responded to this advertisement;
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Firms can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- The Niger Delta University is not bound to shortlist any firm and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
For further enquiries, please contact the Registrar, Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org