The National Mathematical Centre invites interested, competent and reputable Contractors and Consultants with relevant experience and a good record of accomplishment to submit expression of interest and pre-qualification documents for the procurement of the following projects:
The National Mathematical Centre Abuja was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria on January 1, 1988 although the decree (Decree No. 40) giving it a legal backing as a corporate body with perpetual succession and a common seal, was not promulgated until December 12, 1989.
The Centre was created to develop appropriate initiatives and resources of international standing for reawakening and sustaining interest in the mathematical sciences at all levels in Nigeria, and also as an adequate response to the dramatic decline in the production of teachers and specialists in the mathematical sciences at all levels.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) / Invitation for Pre-Qualification for the Implementation of the Centre's 2022 Capital Constitutional and Zonal Intervention Projects
The National Mathematical Centre, Abuja in keeping with its mandates and in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007. intends to implement the Constituency and Zonal Intervention Projects as provided in the Federal Government 2022 Appropriation. The Centre hereby invite interested, competent and reputable Contractors and Consultants with relevant experience and good record of accomplishment to submit expression of interest and pre-qualification documents for the procurement of the underlisted projects.
Scope of Works, Goods and Services
||Proposed Construction of Perimeter Fence
||Proposed Renovation of Office Building
||Proposed Construction of Shops and Market Stalls in Dabe and Zalanga, Darazo Ganjuwa Bauchi State Constituency Project
||Proposed Provision of Land Perimeter Fencing, Access-Drainage, VIP Toilets and Gate-house for Darazo/Ganjuwa College of health and Medical Technology, Bauchi State (Constituency Project)
Goods and Supplies:
||Proposed Purchase of Project Vehicle
||Proposed Printing and Publishing of Annual Report
||Proposed Purchase and Supply of Library Books and Journals
||Proposed Supply. Installation and Test-Run of Office Equipment
||Proposed Supply and Installation of Office Furniture and Equipment
||Proposed Supply, Installation and Test-Run of Intelligent Surveillance System
||Proposed Supply and Installation of Solar Powered Street Light in Abeokuta South Federal Constituency, Ogun State (Constituency Project)
||Proposed Printing and Distribution of Customized Notebooks and Teaching Materials to Students in various Schools in Ebonyi South Senatorial District, Ebonyi State (Zonal Intervention Project)
||Proposed Subscription of Internet Bandwidth
||Proposed Training/Capacity Building for Mathematics Teachers in Trepodun/Olorundaorolu/Osogbo Federal Constituency, Osun State (Constituency Project)
||Proposed Provision of Cash-Grant to women in Darazo/Ganjuwa Federal Constituency, Bauchi State Constituency Project)
||Proposed Provision of Educational Grants to Indigent Students to Support Learning in ICT, Mathematics and Science Education in Ebonyi South Senatorial District, Ebonyi State (Zonal Intervention Project).
||Proposed Capacity Building and Innovation in Mathematics and Science Education for Students in Ebonyi South Senatorial District, Ebonyi State (Zonal Intervention Project).
||Proposed Training and Distribution of Instructional Materials to Schools in Ebonyi South Senatorial District, Ebonyi State (Zonal Intervention Project)
||Proposed Provision of Grant/Growth Support to Gifted Secondary Schools located in Darazo, Soro, Sade & Kafin Madaki Senatorial District, Bauchi State (Zonal Intervention Project)
||Proposed Grants/Growth Support to Pediatric Hospitals Located in Miya, Soro, Sade and Gabarin Senatorial District, Bauchi State (Zonal Intervention Project)
||Proposed Distribution of Grant to Students of Darazo/Ganjuwa Federal Constituency, Bauchi State (Constituency Project)
All prospective bidders should submit the following documents:
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including form CAC 1.1 or CAC 2 and CAC 7. Business Name is also acceptable for Services;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificates of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021) valid till 31 December, 2022.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to Bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above)
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022 (This requirement is only applicable to Bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the Bidders' annual turnover is N50 and above)
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31 December, 2022 or valid Certificate issued by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
- Sworn Affidavit:
- That the company is not in Receivership, Insolvency Or Bankruptcy.
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of National Mathematical Centre, Abuja or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, stakeholder or has any pecuniary interest in the Bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- That none of the Directors of the company has been convicted for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety in any court of competent jurisdiction in Nigeria or elsewhere.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years: 2019, 2020 and 2021;
- Reference Letter from a reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project including copies of their Academic/Professional Qualifications such as COREN. QSRBN, AROON, OORBON etc;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) Similar Jobs executed in the last five (5) years including letters of Award, Valuation Certificate, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- Note: Bidders interested in Constituency and on Intervention Projects with experience in the advertised Constituencies will be preferred due to familiarity with the environment as a fall-out of security challenges and other peculiarities in such constituencies
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of ownership/lease agreement;
- Consultancy Service: Evidence of firm's Current Registration with the relevant regulatory professional body(ies) such as:
- Training: Company's valid Training License issued by Centre for Management Development (CMD):
- Electricity Jobs: Evidence of Current License issued by Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA).
- Supply of Equipment: Letter of Authorization as representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the company/firm's letter headed paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM Number) and e-mail paper must bear names and nationalities of the Directors of the company at the bottom of the page duly signed by the authorized officer of the company/firm.
12:00 noon Monday, 4th April, 2022.
Opening of Pre-Qualification and EOI Documents
The submitted documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission of bids at 12:00 noon of Monday 4th April, 2022 in the following order:
- Category A Works
- Category B Goods
- Category C Consultancy
All Submitted documents will be opened at the Main Auditorium, National Mathematical Centre, Kaduna-Lokoja Expressway, Sheda-kwali, Abuja. Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Registers accordingly.
Submission of Pre-qualification and Expression of Interest (EOI) Documents
Interested firms are to submit two (2) bound (one original and one photocopy) Pre-Qualification or Expression of Interest (Eol) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked with (the name of the project and the lot number) and addressed to:
National Mathematical Centre,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the Bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box in the Reception of the Administrative Block, National Mathematical Centre, Kaduna-Lokoja Expressway, Sheda-Kwali, Abuja not later than the above specified closing date.
Please ensure that you sign the bid submission register and collect the bid submission receipt at the point of submission indicated above as the National Mathematical Centre, Abuja will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the Bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- All cost will be borne by the Bidder;
- No bidder is allowed to bid for more than two (2) Lots Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines.
- The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency:
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services); Goods & Works:
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened. Services:
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- Arrangement of Technical Documents in hard copies should follow strictly the order in the list above and appropriately paged. The Technical documents should have a table of content indicating the pages where their items are to be found. Failure to comply with this directive will result in disqualification of the Bidder.
- The National Mathematical Centre, Abuja is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any Bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time/stage without incurring any liability in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
For further enquiries, please contact the Deputy Controller, Procurement on 0803315 5373.