The National Cereal Research Institute (NCRI) invites experienced and competent Contractors / Suppliers to submit tender documents for the following works:
The National Cereal Research Institute (NCRI) is the oldest Research Institute in the Country. The Institute presently maintain ten (10) Outstations located in different part of the country a badan (Oyo State). Amakama-Olokoro Umuahia (Abia State). Uyo (Akwa Ibom State, Warri (Delta State), Birnin-Kebbike State) Yandev (Benue State) Bacita (Kwara State), Mokwa (Niger State), Riyom (Plateau State) and Numan (Adamawa State Generate and Disseminate Improved technologies for Agricultural Production to Achieve National Self-Sufficient in Food and industrial Raw Materials with Surplus for Export.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender
The Institution Mission
The mission of the National Cereals Research Institute (NCRI) is to conduct effective Agricultural Research towards Sustainable Farming and Natural Resource Systems that will lead to increase over national agricultural production with minimal negative effect on the environment, and disseminate appropriate technologies or their optimal utilization The crops for which NCR has national genetic improvement mandate include rice, soybers and sugarcane, Ach thungry Rice) Castor, Stevia it also has the overall farming systems and resources management research for the Central Zone of Nigeria Comprising Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Plateau, Taraba States as well as the Feder Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja.
Scope of Work
Experienced and Competent Contractors / Suppliers are invited to submit bids for the following:
- Lot B1: Purchase of a tractor and full implements at the headquarter, Badessi, Niger State
- Lot B2: Provision of Ambulance Bus and its Accessories at the Headquarter, Badeeei, Niger State
- Lot B3: Completion of Admin and Research Blocks in Numan (Adamawa State) and Riyom (Plateau State) Outstation
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC including Form CAC 1.1 or CACZ and CAC
- Evidence of Company Income's Tax Clearance Certificate for the past three (3) years valid till 31" December 2022: with a minimum average annual turnover of N100 million
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Provider by Submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Cereal Research Institute or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years 2019 2020 & 2021;
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, OSREN, ARCON, CORBON etc..
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the Last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects
- Lot Bi & B2: Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council's approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorised representatives should bid for the vehicles;
- Lot B3: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each partner)
- All documents for transmission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number(RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Contact Address Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page.duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
12:00 noon, 2nd May, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the Technical Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon of Monday, 2 May 2022, at the conference Hall of National Cereals Research Institute (CRI), Badeggi, Niger State, while the financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of the Head of Department, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation, National Cereal Research Institute (NCRI) Badergi.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the office of the Head of Department, Planning Monitoring Evaluation, National Cereal Research Institute (NCRI), Badeggi between the hours of (9.00am and 4:00pm daily upon presentation of authorised Payment details of a non-refundable Tender fees of N10,000:00 only per Lot, paid into National Cereals Research Institution (NCR), Badegri's TSA in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the Technical and Financial Bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid" or "Financial Bid" Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope and addressed to the Head of Department, Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation.
Furthermore, the reverse side of each sealed should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the office of the:
Head of Department,
Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation,
National Cereal Research Institute (NCRI),
- Bid must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots
- All costs will be borne by the bidders
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency:
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft coples and Bidders can submit through Post(Courier Services);
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened:
- The National Cereal Research Institute is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
For further enquiries, please contact the "07039093431" on e-mail: email@example.com