The Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University invites interested and reputable contractors to indicate interest by submitting pre-qualification and tender documents for the following works:
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University formerly Anambra State University is a Nigerian tertiary institution located in Uli, a town in Anambra State.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender for the Construction of a Building for the Department of Actuarial Science and Insurance Under the Sponsorship of the National Insurance Commission (NAICOM) in the Igbariam Campus
Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University (Formerly Anambra State University), Igbariam, Anambra State intends to construct a building for the Department of Actuarial Science and Insurance under the sponsorship of (NAICOM).
Consequently, interested and reputable contractors are hereby invited to forward their documents for the purpose of Pre-Qualification and Tender for the under listed project.
Scope of Work
- Construction of a bungalow building for the Department of Actuarial Science and Insurance comprising the following facilities: 4nos 100 persons sitting capacity Lecture Halls with a court -yard, entrance porch, general reception, HOD's office wi th secretary, departmental Library, three offices and five toilets.
Application Closing Date
- Prospective Contractors shall be required to submit the following pre-qualification documents:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7:
- Evidence of Company Income's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years valid til 31st December, 2022; with minimum average annual turnover as stated in the bid document:
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above):
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022:
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, lgbariam, Anambra State or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2019,2020 & 2021:
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed:
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN. OSRBN, ARCON CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates. Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease:
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
12:00 noon Monday, 25th April, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon Monday, 25th April, 2022 in the Council Chamber, while the financial bids will be kept un-opened.
Collection of Tender Documents
Prospective Contractors shall be required to Collect tender documents in the office of the Director, Physical Planning Unit, between the hours of 10.00am to 4.00pm daily. A non-refundable Tender fee of N 10.000.00 only per Lot shall be paid into Eco bank, Fidelity Bank or Zenith Bank and obtain certified Bank Teller and convert the Bank Teller into a receipted evidence of payment from the Revenue Unit of the University Bursary.
Submission of Tender Documents
Two (2) hard copies (1 original, 1 copy) of the Technical and Financial bids should be neatly packed in SEPARATE sealed envelope and marked "Technical Bid' (Indicate Specific lot/project) and "Financial Bid' (Indicate Specific Lot Project) at the top right hand comer of the envelope and addressed to:
Chuwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University,
- The Company's name and address should be indicated on the reverse side of the envelope.
- Bids for each lot shall be submitted separately.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened:
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots:
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption Transparency
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services):
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened:
- The Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, lgbariam, Anambra State is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007:
- All enquiries should be directed to the above stated address.