The Enugu State water Corporation invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the execution of the following works:
The Enugu State water Corporation is the Enugu State Government arm for Water distribution and management.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Bids Without Pre-Qualification - Rehabilitation Works for Oji Water Pumping Systems (Package No1)
AFD Support to 3rd National Urban Water Sector Reform Project
The Enugu State Water Corporation has received funds from Agence Française de Développement (AFD") towards the cost of French Development Agency Support to 3rd National Urban Water Sector Reform Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of these funds will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Rehabilitation Works for OJl Water Supply Systems.
The Enugu State Water Corporation now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the execution of the following works ("the Works"): Oji Water Works Rehabilitation is defined as the quick win for the Enugu Water Supply: This package covers the rehabilitation of the OJI production facilities including the minor works at Oji wellfield sites. Package 1 is planned to start in September 2022 with a construction period of 12 months and a DLP of 12 months:
Scope of Work
- The Oji production infrastructure is one of the key production facilities for drinking water for Enugu city. It is composed of boreholes intake, 3 pumping stations and disinfection using HTH chlorination at Umudim pumping station which have shown major deficiencies, impacting the production system.
- The scope of the emergency works to be carried out under the AFD project consists of carrying out all the rehabilitation works of the production facilities and transmission line to rehabilitate the nominal production of Oji.
- The Contract shall include the design, manufacture, inspection and works testing, supply and delivery, unloading, supervision of erection, complete installation, commissioning, tests on completion, training of local operators, production of record drawings, installation, operating and maintenance manuals. setting to work of transformers. power lines. pumps, electric motors, water treatment plant and all associated equipment, pipework and fittings, electrical equipment and cabling at the Site, finishing, painting and remedying of defects for a period of one year.
The following rehabilitation works are included:
- Full rehabilitation of the Oji Pumping station including Civil, Piping and E&M works and complementary small works
- Full rehabilitation of the Obinofia Pumping station including Civil, Piping and E&M works and complementary small works
- Full rehabilitation of the Umudim Pumping station including Civil, Piping and E&M works and complementary small works.
A Pre bid meeting and Site Visit will take place on 20th April, 2022 at ENSWC offices. This is optional.
Qualification criteria are detailed in section III - Evaluation and Qualification Criteria of the Bid Document including the under stated minimum Conditions for participation;
Application Closing Date
- Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrollment on professional or trade registers
- Experience in water construction contracts (pumping stations, Water Treatment Plant...), in the role of prime contractor, JVCA member, subcontractor, or management contractor for at least the last 5 years, starting 1st January 2017
- Economic and financial standing:
- Average annual turnover from construction contracts (calculated as total certified payments received for contracts in progress or completed) over the last five (5) years of Euro 6,000,000 (Six million Euro) equivalent: and Access to or availability of financial resources, such as liquid assets, unencumbered real assets, lines of credit, and other financial means, other than any contractual advance payments, not less than Euro 1,000,000 (One million Euro) equivalent, taking into account the tenderer's commitments for other contracts
- Technical and professional ability:
- 2 contracts successfully implemented, each of minimum value Euro 3,000,000 (three million Euro) equivalent in Design & build and construction works and commissioning of large water supply system including pumping stations that have been satisfactorily and substantially completed as a prime contractor, joint venture member, management contractor or subcontractor between 1st January 2017 and application submission deadline.
18th May, 2022.
Opening of Bids
Bids will be opened in the presence of Bidders' representatives who choose to attend at 12.05pm (GMT+1) on 17th May, 2022 at the conference room of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU). Enugu State Water Corporation, No. 3 Constitution Road, GRA, Enugu, Nigeria.
Collection of Documents
A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders on the submission of a written application to the below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of N150,000.00 (One hundred and fifty thousand Naira) or Euro300 (three hundred Euro) or the equivalent sum in a freely convertible currency.
The method of payment will be by cheque, bank draft or in cash, made out in favour of SPIU, Enugu State Water Corporation and lodged in the designated account (with payment slip tendered as evidence of payment). The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of AFD's Standard Bidding Documents: Procurement of Works.
Submission of Bids
Bids delivered must be accompanied by a Bid Security (Unconditional Bank Guarantee) of N10,000,000.00 (Ten Million Naira Only), with a bid validity period of 120 days from bid submission date and delivered to the office of:
The Project Implementation Unit (PIU),
Enugu State Water Corporation,
No. 3 Constitution Road, GRA,
Telephone: +234 08037 11 20 7 6
Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the Bidding Documents at the office of above stated address.