The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) invites eligible Consultants (firm) to indicate their interests by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The Economic Community of West African States (EOWAS) is a regional political and economic union of fifteen countries located in West Africa. Collectively, these countries comprise an area of 5,114,162 km², and in 2015 had an estimated population of over 349 million.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - Selection of Individual Consultant to Conduct Valuation of the Fixed Assets of the ECOWAS Institutions Based in Nigeria
In the framework of the execution of the 2022 Budget, The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) intends to apply a portion of its budgeted counterpart funds for the Selection of an Individual Consultant to conduct valuation of the fixed assets of the ECOWAS institutions based in Nigeria.
The objective of the consultancy service is to more accurately determine the current values of the assets that have been acquired over a number of years for Management decision making.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the following as shown below and the duration of the contract shall be for a period of 3 months.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Consultant
The professional service and responsibilities of the consultant will include but not be limited to the following:
- Collection of Asset Data through survey: The consultant shall collect data from all offices using a Data Collection Sheet (DCS). The DCS should be prepared in a particular format to gather data like name and description of item, historical cost, depreciation (if any), location, condition, etc.
- Determine present condition: The consultant shall determine present condition of all fixed assets and classify them into serviceable/repairable/un-serviceable/obsolete, etc. No valuation is required for un-serviceable or obsolete assets but their detail information shall be provided. Current market value of serviceable and repairable assets and their estimated remaining life shall be determined
The ECOWAS Commission now invites eligible Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
Qualification / Experience
- The consultant must have a proven and verifiable experience in the field of asset valuation conducted for international organizations or institutions of similar size as the ECOWAS Commission.
- The consultant must also possess good business reputation (such as absence of negative reports in the media about company’s activity, absence of court decisions confirming the incompetence, or lack of professionalism of valuer, etc).
- The consultant must be an active member of the Nigerian Institute of Estate Surveyors & Valuers.
Application Closing Date
- The individual consultants shall be fluent (reading, writing, speaking) in one (1) of the ECOWAS Official Languages (English, French or Portuguese) and the practical knowledge (reading, writing, speaking) of an additional one would be an advantage.
11:00am (GMT+1), 11th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Expressions of Interest (1 original and 3 copies) must be delivered in sealed envelopes and clearly marked "Selection of an Individual Consultant to conduct valuation of the fixed assets of the ECOWAS institutions based in Nigeria, to the ECOWAS Tender Box is located at the:
Directorate of General Administration,
1st Floor ECOWAS Commission,
101 Yakubu Gowon Crescent,
P. M. B. 401,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Please note that electronic submissions are also accepted and shall be addressed to the e-mails stated below.
- The attention of interested Individual consultants is particularly drawn to Article 118 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code (“Infringements by Candidates, Bidders and Awardees”), providing information on corrupt or fraudulent practices in competing for or executing a contract. In addition, please refer to the following specific information on conflict of interest related to this assignment as per “Article 119 of the ECOWAS Revised Procurement Code.
- The Consultants will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultant set out in the Consultant Guidelines. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the position.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the email addresses below during office hours: Monday to Friday from 9.00 am GMT+1 to 5.00 pm GMT+1. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with copy to: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org