The United States Embassy in Nigeria invites interested / eligible vendors to indicate interest by submitting RFQ documents for the following works:
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotes - PR10636339 - Electric Cable Replacement at RT 66 Durumi Abuja
The U. S. Embassy Abuja has a requirement for a vendor to replace the electric cabling at her location RT 66 Durumi, behind American International School Abuja as per the attached SOW.
The site visit for this requirement has been scheduled as follows:
- Venue: RT 66 Durumi, Behind American International School Durumi Abuja
- Date: Friday April 1, 2022
- Time: 10:00 am
To attend, please send the name of your representative not later than Thursday March 31, 2022 12:00 noon for access approval.
Scope of Work
Contractor shall provide all supervision, labor, tools, equipment and materials to safely perform the re-casting of concrete floor. At a minimum, the following work must be done:
- Contractor shall by a combination of overhead and underground means, install 3nos of 70mm² 33KV rated cables from an existing 33KV overhead line by the front of the warehouse to the transformer located on the compound. Utilize XLPE cables for underground cable runs. Estimated total distance from the overhead lines to the transformer is 250m.
- Contractor shall for all underground cable installations, excavate a trench of minimum 1m deep and 300mm wide, install the cables and backfill as necessary with sharp sand, concrete tiles, and caution tapes with cable tracer features. All underground cable routes shall be marked accordingly per standards.
- Contractor shall coordinate necessary inspections and commissioning with relevant authorities and provide copies of such documentations as necessary.
- Contractor is to test all installed cables for continuity and insulation resistance and provide results. Test should also be conducted on the ground conductor connected to the transformer and readings obtained and presented to the COR.
- Contractor is to liaise with and coordinate with relevant authorities to grant power outage after which he is expected to terminate the cables on the relevant terminals of the transformer. Necessary tests as could be required by the city utility authorities will need to be conducted prior to re-energizing the feeders
- Contractor is to coordinate re-energizing of the substation and note the relevant supply power readings before loading the substation as necessary.
- All cables shall be 33KV rated and installed to achieve a 3phase system.
- All underground road crossings shall be via a concrete encased properly sized UPVC duct of minimum schedule 40 thickness.
- All disturbed surfaces shall be restored to as met conditions.
- Installation shall be carried out by licensed and certified electrical installation contractors for the city utility companies. Copies of such certificates are to be attached with the proposal.
- The contractor under this SOW will be responsible for labor and materials required to carry out all works required in this Statement of Work, unless stated otherwise in the relevant section.
- The contractor is to prepare and submit a comprehensive bill of quantity formulated from walkthrough. The bill of quantity is to address different line item cost for all materials and labor.
- The contractor is to provide a detailed work schedule as part of the submittal requirement.
- The contractor must abide by all necessary safety requirements and standards and must show proof of conformance via proper PPEs and tools during the project execution.
- The contractor shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary permits and approvals from all relevant authorities typical for this project
- The contractor is responsible for repair /cost of repair of any damage to existing above ground/underground utilities/structures and is strictly advised to properly coordinate with relevant stakeholders in identifying such prior to commencement of work.
- The contractor must ensure that all materials to be used are in full conformance to the materials presented in the approved bill of quantities. Substitutions if any will need to be pre-approved by the COR before procurement and installation
- The contractor is responsible for removal of all debris arising from the construction works and must return the facility to as met conditions.
Application Closing Date
9th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
All responses and quotes on this RFQ MUST be a direct reply to this email, and have the same subject line; copying Abujaprocurement@state.gov
- For a valid quote/proposal, please note the following:
- Please include performance schedule, specifications, samples/pictures/complete drawings, (where applicable), along with your quotes.
- Vendor must state BOLDLY if offering alternatives.
- Vendors must state delivery terms (How long it will take to deliver).
- Unsuccessful offerors may not be contacted.
- Oral quotations will not be accepted.
- Due to new Government requirements for offerors to comply with the new National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) in consonance with FAR 52.204-24, FAR 52.204-25 and FAR 52.204-26, you are required to fill the attached form.
- The evaluation criteria for this requirement will include price, technical acceptability and past performance.