The Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) invites reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies to express interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It has the largest acreage in the country from which it produces some 39 per cent of the nation's oil. The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometres.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Construction, Maintenance & Dismantling of Towers / Masts In SPDC
Nipex Tender No: SPDC 00000453
Reference Tender No.: CW608723
NCDMB Certification of Authorization number: ES/NCDMB/SPDC/ADC/UPD/040322/Construction, Maintenance & Dismantling of Towers/Masts In SPDC
The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC), Operator of NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender for the Construction, Maintenance & Dismantling of Towers/Masts in SPDC.
The contracts which will result from this tender will be five (5) in number and are expected to commence in 2022. The contract duration will be for a period of four (4) years primary term with an optional one (1) year term. The contract for the works shall be on call-off basis and there will be no guarantee of minimum works.
Bidders will be expected to demonstrate their capability and capacity to accept and deal with the financial and technical complexities associated with a contract of this magnitude and this evidence will be required in the next stages of this tender. SPDC hereby invites submission from reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies having requisite proven experience in Construction, Maintenance & Dismantling of Towers/Masts in SPDC and all other works within the scope of works.
Scope of Work
The WORK to be covered under this CONTRACT generally consists of all works incidental and necessary to the successful completion of services related to Construction, Maintenance & Dismantling of Towers/Masts in SPDC and shall include the following:
- Supply and installation/erection of Telecommunication Towers including rigging, Installation of accessories, earthing and lightening protection works, Painting of newly erected towers, Installation of Telecoms antennas, communication dishes and other accessories.
- Maintenance and Remediation works of Telecommunications Towers including replacement or change out of parts and accessories, Tower Strengthening works, mast strengthening works, repainting,
- Dismantling of unsafe Telecommunication Towers and Masts.
- Construction of foundation structures ranging from raft bases to different types of pile foundations.
Nigerian Content Requirements
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Product Group: 3.11.05, 3.11.09 and 4.04.01 in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive the Technical and Commercial Invitation to Tender (ITT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service you are listed for: open http://vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on “Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool” button, click “Check My Supplier Status” and then click ‘Supplier Product Group”.
- If you are not listed in a product/service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8 Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
- To initiate the NJQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
Application Closing Date
- Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian registered company with greater than 51% Nigerian shareholding. Submit certified true copies of CAC forms 10, 02 & 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc.) including company memorandum & article of association and/or evidence of entity’s incorporation, shareholding & ownership structure in Nigeria.
- Tenderers shall provide evidence Category 1,2,3 or 4 Fabrication and Construction (FC) group NCEC to demonstrate capacity and capability to execute the work scope
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Execution Plan providing a detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well-equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such patronage.
- Tenderer shall comply with the latest approved version of NCDMB HCD guideline by committing (via a letter of undertaking) to providing Project Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
- Provide evidence of domiciliation of project management and procurement centres in Nigeria with physical addresses (not P.O. Box).
- Location of in-country facilities (equipment, storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and, testing facilities)
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS in the category a) 3.11.05 Hardware Installation Support Services (maintenance), b) 3.11.09 -Telecommunication systems, integration Installation / Support Services and c) 4.04.01 Construction/Installation - Steel / Metal / Concrete Structures as at Thursday 7th April 2022 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical and Commercial Bids.
- Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be pre-qualified in NJQS under the relevant product/service categories.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS pre-qualification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
- The contract shall be awarded to five (5) successful contractors on call-off basis.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle pre-qualified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been pre-qualified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit both technical and commercial tenders together. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be evaluated based on their submitted commercial tenders.
- NNPC/The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited reserves the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
- The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualified companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.