Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CR IN) located at Km 14, Ibadan / Ijebu-Ode Road, Idi-Ayunre, near Ibadan is one of the parastatals in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. In pursuance of implementation of its 2012 Capital budget, invitations for pre-qualification are hereby opened to interested qualified applicants for execution of the Institutes Capital Projects proposed for execution in 2012.
B Scope of Work
The work comprises procurements and engineering works as further described below;-
Lot 1 -
Supply of Utility Vehicle (1 Jeep)
Lot 2 -
Road Rehabilitation at Crin Headquarters
Lot 3 -
Supply of Metal Collapsible File Cabinet
Lot 4 -
Rehabilitation of Training Hall at Crin Headquarters
C. Pre-Qualification Requirements
Interested and competent Contractors wishing to carry out the job are required to submit the following documents which will be subjected to verification by CRIN.
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
- Evidence of Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years
- Evidence of VAT registration Certificate with TIN No. and past remittances for the last 3 years:
- Evidence of Financial Capability from reputable Bank to execute the project.
- Company profile with CVs of key officers including photocopies of relevant professional / technical qualifications;
- List of verifiable Construction Equipments indicating ownership or lease agreement;
- Verifiable evidence of successful completion of similar works with copies of letters of award and certificates of successful completion:
- Evidence of Compliance with PENCOM in accordance with Pension Reform Act 2004 (as am ended):
- Evidence of compliance with the amended Industrial Training Fund Act, 2011;
- A sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Bureau of Public Procurement or Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria, is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particular.
The above listed requirements shall form part of the bids evaluation criteria and non compliance with any of the stated conditions shall result in automatic disqualification of the bidder.
D. Submission of Application
The pre- qualification documents of three (3) hard copies, shall be submitted to one (1) seal envelope, clearly marked “Confidential: Crin 2012 Capital Projects”
with Company’s Name
of the applicant(s). The above documents should be addressed to;
The Executive Director,
Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (Crin).
Km 14, Ibadan/Ijebu-Ode Road,
Idi-Ayunre, Ibadan, Nigeria.
E. Collection of Documents
A complete set of Bidding Documents shall be collected by interested bidders from the address in paragraph ‘d’ above on the submission of written application accompanied by a non refundable tender fee of Twenty Thousand Naira (N20,000.00).
F. Bid Opening
Bid opens on Wednesday, 10 October, 2012 at 12.00 noon. Bid document will be available for collection from the office of the Procurement Officer.
G. Bid Closing
Bid closes on Wednesday, 21 November. 2012 at 12.00 noon and submitted bids will be opened immediately at the address below in the presence of Bidders and for their representatives and interested members of the public.
Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria, Conference Room, Km 14, Ibadan / Ijebu -Ode Road, Idi-Ayunre, Ibadan.
H. Bidders should please note that submitted documents shall first be subjected to Pre-qualification based on the advertised criteria *(C.i-xi) and only pre-qualified bidders’ financial bids shall be considered.
I. Nothing in this advertisement shall be construed as a commitment on the part of CRIN to award any or all the above listed projects.