The International Organization for Migration (IOM) invites interested and credible service providers to tender RFP documents for the following works:
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is a United Nations agency that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Proposal (RFP) - Dissemination of Vacancies and Sourcing of ICT Talent for EU-Based Companies Under the MATCH Project
Project Context and Scope
The project, Migration of African Talent through Capacity Building and Hiring (MATCH), funded by the European Union, is a circular labour mobility project that seeks to address labour market shortages in four EU Member States of Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, and Italy, by enabling migrants from Nigeria and Senegal to work for a period of 1-2 years in companies where specific sectorial labour shortages have been identified –primarily in the ICT, technology and digitalisation sectors.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the development of a well-functioning legal pathway for labour migration between the four EU Member States and the two African Countries, as well as promote skills development, capacity building and knowledge sharing that would contribute to the development of the two African countries.
Sourcing for talent in the ICT, technology and digitalisation sectors requires a targeted and bespoke approach in order to reach this niche of candidates’ pool. This is especially so because the talent within this sector are often known to operate in ”clans” or “clusters” of fellow ICT professionals.
It is in the light of the above that it has become imperative to resort to the services of a Service Provider that knows and has access to these talent both as individuals and as clusters, in order to disseminate the MATCH vacancies in a targeted manner and source for suitable talent. This will help to get the vacancies to this target pool of candidates and greatly improve the chances of recruiting suitable candidates for companies in the 4 EU countries.
Working under the overall supervision of the Project Manager in Belgium, and under the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant in Abuja, the Service Provider will be responsible for disseminating the MATCH vacancies and sourcing for suitable talent. These vacancies are to be disseminated to the target ICT communities through a bespoke approach adjudged by the Service Provider to yield the best result. The Service Provider will, following from these dissemination efforts, source for suitable candidates who would apply to the MATCH vacancies, with a minimum of five (5) talent required to take and pass the baseline technical tests administered by the MATCH HR company (Aldelia) and by the hiring company (where applicable). In close coordination with IOM, the Service Provider will also be on standby to provide additional information/answers to queries that this pool of talent may have regarding the vacancies disseminated and/or MATCH in general.
Tangible and Measurable Outputs of the Work Assignment
Service Provider hired to disseminate the vacancies and source for recruitment for EU-based companies with the following deliverables:
Education, Experience and/or Skills Required
- Disseminate the MATCH vacancies to target ICT individuals/groups through a personalized approach and individual networking
- In close coordination with IOM, provide answers and additional information to questions that may emanate from potential candidates regarding these vacancies
- Source for and provide suitable candidates that would apply to the MATCH vacancies
- Work collaboratively with the IOM MATCH focal point in Nigeria in tracking the number of candidates who apply to the MATCH vacancies through these dissemination and sourcing efforts, and how far they progress in the recruitment process
- Conduct first level screening of candidates against the baseline criteria before CVs are submitted to the MATCH team
- Submit screened CVs per role for each MATCH vacancy received, with a minimum of five (5) candidates who apply to any role required to pass the baseline technical tests administered by Aldelia and by the hiring company (where applicable).
- Working collaboratively with the IOM MATCH focal point in Nigeria, provide a monthly report of the number of CVs submitted per vacancy and how far the candidates have progressed in the recruitment process.
Application Closing Date
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian tech ecosystem is non-negotiable
- The Service Provider should have a minimum of five (5) years' operational experience in the tech ecosystem. Preference will be given to Service Providers who are involved in providing training to ICT professionals and/or have experience dealing with players in the tech ecosystem
- Evidential reference to past activities in sourcing for ICT talent is highly desirable
- Experience sourcing for ICT talent for European companies will be a clear advantage
- Proven knowledge of the programming languages in the tech sector
- Strong analytical skills as well as fluent and effective spoken and written English.
- Motivated, committed, responsible, and able to work independently with limited direct supervision.
10:00am Monday, 4th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
The Proposals must be delivered by hand to:
No. 55 Hassan Musa Katsina Road,
F.C.T - Abuja.
(PDF) for a detailed description of the RFP.
IOM reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal and to annul the selection process and reject all Proposals at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to affected Service Providers/ Consulting Firms.