The Oyo State Government invites eligible Consulting Firms to indicate their interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
Oyo State Government is requesting for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) - Preparation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) for Agodi Lake Rehabilitation Works
The Oyo State Government has received credit financing from the World Bank to support the implementation of Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP). The Project however intends to apply part of the proceeds of the credit for the payment of a Consulting Firm to be engaged to undertake the Preparation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) for Agodi Lake Rehabilitation Works as Identified by Ibadan Drainage Master Plan.
Objectives of the Consultancy Services
The specific aim of the study is to achieve the following objectives:
- To identify and assess potential environmental and social risks and impacts of the project, particularly all potential significant adverse environmental and social impacts of the projects and recommend measures for prevention and mitigation
- To assess alternatives to the proposed project from the point of view of environmental and social impacts and associated risks.
- To identify the potential cumulative impacts that the operation of Agodi Lake rehabilitation and associated structures will entail.
- To prepare an Environmental and Social Impact Assessment report in compliance with the relevant and applicable mandatory requirements and procedures
- To develop an Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP).
The study will be carried out to establish modalities of implementing the projects in line with Nigeria's environmental and social policies and laws, and Oyo State Ministry of Environment and Water Resources and the World Bank Safeguard policies.
Scope of Services
- The Consultant is expected to identify potential and significant adverse environmental and social impacts and to propose means of preventing, minimizing and mitigating them to acceptable levels. The ESIA will also consider the capacity of existing institutions to manage the predicted environmental and social issues and implement an Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP).
The Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP) now invites eligible Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consulting Firm must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, general qualification and number of key staff etc.)
A Consulting Firm will be selected in accordance with the Consultant's Qualification Selection (CQS) Method Procedures set out in the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers January 2011. Please visit www.worldbank.org
Application Closing Date
4:00pm Friday, 29th April, 2022.
Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI)
Applications must be submitted in sealed envelope to:
The Project Coordinator,
Ibadan Urban Flood Management Project (IUFMP),
Plot 1068, Ikolaba GRA
Tel: +234 807 314 1729, +234 809 670 0946
Interested Consulting Firm may obtain further information at the address above between the business hours of 9.00a.m-4.00p.m, Mondays through Fridays.