The United Nations Secretariat invites interested and reputable vendors with the requisite experience to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The United Nations Secretariat is one of the six major organs of the United Nations, with the others being the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, the defunct Trusteeship Council, and the International Court of Justice. The secretariat is the UN's executive arm.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - Provision of Fulfillment, Print-On-Demand and Distribution Co-Ordination Services for United Nations Publications
Description of Requirements
The United Nations is seeking Expressions of Interest for the Provision of Print-on-Demand, Warehousing, Order Fulfilment and Customer Service for Europe and the rest of the world only. Quality, efficient, and costeffective services are required for a wide range of publications, including reports, trade books and journals in the six official UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish). Sales and Marketing support for Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia, Latin and South America including inventory receipt, warehousing, inventory management and fulfillment, print on demand, account receivables management and distribution coordination.
The UN seeks to establish a long term contract for an initial term of three (3) years, with the option to extend for 2 additional 2-year periods
The relevant requirements:
Specific Requirements / Information (If Any)
- Experience: At least 7 years of experience in providing the services described.
- Languages: Ability to provide the required services for publications written in the six official UN languages.
- The ability to provide the following services: local print-on-demand, warehousing, order fulfilment and customer service capacity in UK/Europe for distribution of books and journals, individual sales and subscriptions; sales and marketing support for Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia, Latin and South America.
Application Closing Date
- Print-on-Demand (POD): on-site or near-site POD capability in UK/Europe; ability to print soft and hardcover books on a variety of paper qualities, in colour and black and white, in a variety of formats and quantities.
- UK/European warehouse should be located close to major carrier terminals; secure, dry, temperature and humidity controlled warehouse space
- Order Fulfilment: e-commerce interface for fulfilment; ability to handle tiered discount pricing, non-US addresses and standing order fulfilment; real-time online access to sales, inventory, POD and accounts receivables data; international print and digital subscription fulfilment; creation and dissemination of ONIX feed to multiple vendors; digital asset management and distribution
- Customer Service: dedicated account manager for UN; customer service for UN clients available during working hours EST and GMT; services to be available by phone and email.
14th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested vendors/organizations should Click Here
to express interest to this EOI electronically.
In case you have difficulties submitting your interest electronically, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
directly for instructions.
(PDF) for more clarifications on the EOI.