The Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences (NIMG) invites eligible contractors, suppliers and service providers with relevant proven competence and experience to submit tender and EOI documents for the following projects:
The Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences (NIMG) Jos, is a training institute under the Ministry of Mines and steel development that trains the requisite manpower for the emerging mining industry. Its mandate includes provision of postgraduate training in Mining and geosciences, short courses in mining, geosciences and extension services, research and development among other services.
The Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences was established by government to become an international Centre of Excellence and a unique professional postgraduate institution for professional training and research in Mining and Geosciences.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender and Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Implementation of 2022 Capital and Zonal Intervention Projects
The Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences (NIMO), Jos, in compliance with its statutory functions is desirous of executing its 2022 appropriated Capital and Zonal Intervention Projects in a compliance with the requirements of the Public Procurement Act, 2007 and extant regulations of the Federal Government on procurement of Goods, Works and Services, the Institute wishes to invite eligible contractors/suppliers and service providers with relevant proven competence and experience to submit bids for the under listed projects.
Scope of Supply / Work / Services
Category A: Scope of Goods / Supply (Invitation to Tender) - Interested Suppliers and Contractors are invited to submit their Technical and Financial bids for the following projects:
- G01: Procurement of Metallurgical, Electrical and Petroleum Engineering Equipment for Practical
- G02: Procurement of Project Vehicles (8nos of 4 Wheel, 2nos Mini Luxury Bunes, 1nos Of Ambulance and 2 Of Tractors)
- CoZ 3: Purchase of Brand New Van to Anka/Talma, Federal Constituency, Zamfara State.
- CoZ 4: Supply of Motorcycles to Anka/Talma Federal Constituency,Zamfara State
Category B: Scope of Works (Invitation to Tender) - Interested Suppliers and Contractors are invited to submit their Technical and Financial bids for the following projects:
- Lot Coz 1: Construction of Access of Bridge at Vendalasu to connect Yoide Gubudo in Maya - Belwa local Government of Adamawa State.
Category C: Consultancy Services - Interested Contractors are invited to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for the following projects:
- CoZ 1: Training and Capacity Building for Arrisonal Miners in Plateau North Senatorial District Plateau State.
- CoZ 2: Technical Skills Acquisition for Youth (Male and Female) In Kano South Senatorial District Kano State Phase II.
- CoZ 3: Technical Skills Acquisition For Youth (Male and Female) In Benue North West Senatorial District.
- CoZ 4: Grants for youths and women in Bakura MaraJnu Federal Constituency, Zamfara State.
- CoZ 5: Training of Youths on Basic Mining Processes in Edu/Moru/Patigi Federal Constituency, Kwara State
- CoZ 6: Empowerment of Women and Youth on Enterprise management in Uyo, Uraun, Nsit-Atai, ibesikpo Austan Federal Constituency, Akwa-Ibom State.
- CoZ 7: Strategic Training and Empowerment for unemployed Youth and Unskilled Women in Surulere Federal Constituency. Surulere Local Government, Lagos
- CoZ 8: Entrepreneurship Training and Empowerment for Youths In Yenogua Kolakuma Opokuma, Bayelsa State
Interested and competent Contractors, Suppliers and Consultants/Service Providers wishing to carry out the projects listed under the above three (3) Categories are required to submit the following documents. Failure to fulfill any of the under-listed requirements will render a bid disqualified:
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CACZ and CACT or C1.1. Business Namo is also acceptable for Services;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2022, with minimum average turn-over of N20 million:
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above)
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above)
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid til 31st December, 2022:
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the NIMG. Jos or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company's Auditor Accounts for the last three (3) years 2019, 2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS):
- Reference Letter from a reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed:
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN. ARCON, CORBON etc.:
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects/supply/services:
- Works: List of Plant Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease.
- For Consultancy Services: Evidence of Firm's current registration with relevant regulatory professional body(ies)
- For Supply of Equipment: Evidence of Authorization as Representative/Dealers of the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEMs)
- Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Councils approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorised representatives should bid for the vehicles;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, The Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate NSITF Clearance Certificate. IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner)
- Ali documents for submission must be transmuted with Covering/Forwarding letter under the d Company Firm's Letter Headed Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No), and e-mail address. The Letter Headed Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the Company.
Note that documents/information must be arranged and submitted in the sequence/order as listed above.
Application Closing Date (Category A & B)
12:00 noon Monday, 2nd May, 2022.
Application Closing Date (Category C)
12:00 noon on Wednesday 20th April, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids (Category A & B)
Only the technical Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 2nd May, 2022 in the institute Auditorium which will be covered by video recording, while the financial bid will be kept un-opened. Ensure to sign the bid submission register at the Procurement unit of the Institute, as the institute will not be liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Opening of Expression of Interest (EOI) Documents (Category C)
Expression of Interest (EOI) documents will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission at 12:00 noon on Wednesday 20th April, 2022 in the Institute Auditorium. Ensure to sign the EOI submission register at the Procurement unit of the Institute, as the institute will not be liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents (Goods and Works)
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bid Documents from lead Procurement, Procurement Unit of the Institute on evidence of non-refundable Tender les of N10, 000.00 (Ten Thousand naira only) per Lot paid into the Remita E-Collection Account/TSA of Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences-023300900100 in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria.
Submission of Tender Documents (Goods and Works)
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hand copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid' or "Financial Bid". Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to:
The Director General/CE,
Nigerian Institute of Mining and Geosciences.
No 1 Metropolitan Avenue Tudun-Wada,
Jos - Plateau State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the Bidder and drop in the designated tender box at the Procurement unit, NIMG not later than the specified closing date.
Submission of EOI Documents (Category C)
Interest Firms are to submit two (2) bound copies of EOI documents, separated by dividers. The documents should be packaged in a sealed envelope and addressed as stated above, which should be submitted not later than the specified closing date.
- Bids and Expressions of Interest must be in English language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder;
- Bidders are to note that Turnover for each separate project is specified in the relevant bid document
- Bids and Expression of interest submitted after the deadline for submission will be returned unopened
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots:
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency
- Bids documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post Courier Services)
- Only pre-qualified bidders for Categories A & B will be contacted at a later date for financial bid opening while the financial bids of unsuccessful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- Only shortlisted firms for Category C will be contacted at a later date for collection of Request for Proposal (RFP)
- All costs will be borne by the bidders as the Institute will not be held responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by any interested party(ies) in connection with any response to this Invitation;
- Non-compliance with the Conditions stated therein will lead to automatic disqualification of th bidder from the bidding process:
- The Institute is not bound to pre-qualify shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the procurement Act 2007;
Further enquiries; please contact Procurement Unit between 9:00am and 3:30pm. (Mondays -Fridays).