The Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMR) invites interested, competent and reputable Contractors / Suppliers / Consultancy firms with relevant experience and good track records to submit EOI and Pre-Qualification documents for the procurement of the following projects:
The Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMR) was established in November 1975 by the Research Institutes’ Establishment Order 1975. The headquarters of the Institute is located on Wilmot Point Road, off Ahmadu Bello Way, Victoria Island, Lagos. She also has outstations at Buguma (River State), Aluu (Rivers State), Sapele (Delta State) and Badore (Lagos).
The main research departments in the Institute are: Aquaculture, Biological oceanography, Biotechnology, Fisheries resources, Fish technology & Product development, Physical & Chemical oceanography, Marine geology/geophysics, African Regional Aquaculture Centre (ARAC), Extension Services, Mariculture, Fishing Technology and Safety and Marine Meteorology and Safety.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification / Expression of Interest for 2022 Procurement Activities
Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research (NIOMA), Lagos, a parastatal under the Federal Ministry Agriculture and Rural Development, in keeping with its mandate and in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2007, Intends to implement the Institute's 2022 Capital and Zonal Intervention Projects,
The Institute hereby invites Interested, competent and reputable Contractors/Suppliers/Consultancy firms with relevant experience and good track records of related projects and services for the procurement of underlisted.
Scope of Works / Supply and Services
- Lot A1: Construction (Building/Landscaping)
- Lot A2: Repairs/Renovation of Existing Structures
- Lot A3: Construction, Supply and Installation of Solar Lights
- Lot A4: Supply of Medical Equipment and Accessories
- Lot A5: Supply of Vehicles
- Lot A6: Supply of Boat and Accessories
- Lot A7: Supply of Computers and Accessories
- Lot A8: Supply of Agricultural Equipment and Accessories
- Lot A9: Supply of Educational Materials (Books, Laboratory Equipment and Chemicals)
- Lot A10: Consultancy Training Services
Interested vendors shall submit the following minimum verifiable technical requirements to be eligible for contract consideration:
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) Including Forms CAC11 or CAC2 and CAC7. Business Name Is also acceptable for Services;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners In case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 2021) valid till 31st of December, 2022; with minimum average annual turnover of N50 million for Works and N30 million for Goods and Services.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above):
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover Is N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December,2022:
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP:
- Lot A10: Evidence of Firm's current registration with the Centre for Management Development:
- Sworn affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented are true and correct in particulars and that the company is not in receivership, insolvency and bankruptcy
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2019, 2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS):
- Reference letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's profile with the curriculum vitae of key staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications;
- Verifiable documented evidence of at least three(3) similar jobs executed in the last Five(5) years including Letters of Award, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects.
- Evidence of Firm's registration with Centre for Management Development (CMD) for training services.
- Letter of Authorisation as representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) for supply of equipment.
- Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council's approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorised representatives should bid for the vehicles
- Lots A7 & AB: Letter of Authorisation as representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs):
- Lot A7: Evidence of current registration/accreditation with Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria and National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA);
- Lot A4: Letter of Authorization from the Original Equipment Manufacturers listed in the Approved Policy for Procurement of Health and Medical Equipment for Tertiary Hospitals in Nigeria.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No) and e-mall address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
12:00 noon Monday, 25th April, 2022.
Opening of EOI / Pre-Qualification Documents
Expression of Interest/Pre-Qualification documents will be opened immediately after the close of submission of the documents in the Institute's Conference Room at 12:00 noon on Monday, 25th April, 2022.
Submission of EOI / Pre-Qualification Documents
Prospective firms are to submit two(2) bound copies of documents, ensuring that the pages therein are arranged as indicated above. The two bound copies should be placed in individual envelopes, and then reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder. Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to Executive Director/CEO, Nigerians Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research) and clearly marked with (the name of the project and the Lot number), and drop in the designated Tender Box at The Procurement Unit not later than the specified closing date.
Please ensure that you sign the Submission Register in the office of Head of Procurement as Nigerian Institute for Oceanography and Marine Research will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
- Expression of Interest and Pre-Qualification documents must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the company;
- Expression of Interest and Pre-Qualification documents submitted after the deadline for the submission would be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots;
- All costs will be borne by bidders;
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of public shall not be required during the opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The openings will be covered by video recording (invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organization in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Only shortlisted consultancy firms will be contacted at a later date for collection of Request for Proposal;
- Only Pre-Qualified bidders at the technical evaluation will be invited at later date for collection of tender documents.
- The documents submitted should have a table of content indicating the pages the items are to be found. Failure to comply with this directive will result in disqualification of the bidder.
- NIOMR is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any contractor/supplier/consultant and reserves the right to annul the Procurement Process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
For further enquiries, please contact the "Head of Procurement" on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org