The Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) invites interested, competent and reputable contractors to submit pre-qualification documents for the following works:
The Federal University of Technology Akure (FUTA) was founded in 1981 under a drive by the government of Nigeria to create universities that specialised in producing graduates with practical as well as theoretical knowledge of technologies. It is located in Akure, the capital city of Ondo State.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender
The Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) invites interested competent and reputable contractors to apply for this Pre-qualification and Tender exercise; and submit the required information as well as comply with all other prerequisites for Pre-qualification and Tender for YEAR 2022 Capital Projects stated below.
Scope of Works and Supplies
||Funding Agency / Source
||Non-Refundable Pre qualification and Tender Fee
||Construction of University Health Centre Capital 2022 (Phase III)
||Procurement and Installation of Teaching and Research Laboratory Furniture and Equipment for School of Basic Medical
||Procurement and Installation ICT Equipment for Computer Resource Centre
Procurement and Installation of Computers for Computer Based Test Centre
||Procurement and Installation of Teaching Research Laboratory Equipment for School of Computing
||Procurement and Installation of Equipment for Open Distance Learning Studies Centre
||Construction of Tech-PIC Building
||Procurement of 5 No 1.4LS Capacity Vehicles
To be considered, potential companies are required to submit all the under-listed verifiable documents:
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including form CAC2 and CAC7;
- Evidence of company Income's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years Valid till 31st December, 2021.
- Company's audited Accounts for the last three years (2019, 2020, and 2021), duly signed and stamped.
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) compliance certificate expiring on 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Pension compliance certificate expiring on 31st December, 2021;
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (N.S.I.T.F.) compliance certificate expiring on 31st December, 2021.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2021 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Evidence of Financial Capability to execute the project by submission of reference letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Company Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications (in case of contractions: COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.)
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar Jobs executed, in the last Five years, (2017 to 2021) including letters of award valuation certificates, job completion certificates and photographs of the projects
- 11 List of plant/equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease (where applicable
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (all the eligibility requirements are compulsory for each JV partner)
- Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any official of the relevant Committees of the Federal University of Technology, Akure or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a formal or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- That the Director (s) of the prospective contractual Company has/have never been convicted by any Court of Law.
- That neither the Company nor any of the Company Director is in receivership or bankrupt.
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering letter under the Company's letter head paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact address, Telephone number (GSM No.) and email address. The Letterhead paper must bear the names and nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm
- Evidence of manufacturer Authorization letter from manufacturing Company.
- Evidence of payment of non-refundable pre-qualification and Tender Fee as indicated for each Lot and made payable to FUTA Project Revenue Account on REMITA Number 1000123
- Contractors currently engaged on projects whose completion period has been overrun need not apply. Successful bidders may not be awarded more than one contract in the advertised lots.
16th May, 2022.
Opening of Bids
All bidders, Civil Society Organization and interested stakeholders are invited to attend the public opening of the Pre-qualification and Tender meeting scheduled to take place immediately after the close of submission by 12:00 noon Monday, 16th May, 2022. the Prof Francis Idibiye Auditorium, FUTA
Collection of Bid Documents
Interested Bidders should collect Pre-qualification and Financial bid document from Procurement Unit on presentation of REMITA receipt stamped by Cash Office of the Bursary, Federal University of Technology, Akure from Monday, 4th April, 2022 to Monday, 16th May, 2022.
Submission of Tender Documents
Two (2) copies of Pre-qualification documents must be submitted and should be arranged in the order listed above in one envelope marked "Pre-qualification..." (Quote the appropriate project's and company name boldly written on the top right hand corner of the envelope) while two (2) copies of financial tender's documents must also be sealed in another envelope (Quote the appropriate project's name and company name boldly written on the top right hand corner of the envelope).
The two envelopes should be enclosed together in a bigger envelop marked with project Title, Lot number and company name and delivered to:
Federal University of Technology,
P. M. B. 704, Akure,
- Document submitted must be listed in a table of content according to the Pre-qualified Criteria. Any company that does not comply with this method of arrangement will be disqualified.
- The Standard Bidding Document purchased must be filled and submitted with the company profile. Any criteria stated in the Standard Bidding Document will be considered as part of pre-qualification criteria. Note that the standard bidding document is according to BPP guidelines. Visit www.bpp.gov.ng for more information.
- Certificate may be referred to the respective issuing authorities for verification and authentication.
- Bidders are advised to make their submissions in line with this advertisement and other requirements contained in the standard bidding documents.
- Technical and Financial Bid enclosed in one same single envelope that will expose the technical and financial bid at the same time of opening shall be disqualified.
- Failure to comply with the above requirements and content of the standard bidding document would automatically result in disqualification
- This advertisement is published for information purpose, and should not be construed as a commitment or obligation on the part of FUTA to award these contracts.
- The financial bid must include the soft copy of the priced BOQ in Excel format copied into a CD. A bid submitted without the soft copy will be disqualified.
- The execution of these projects will depend on the release of funds by the appropriate funding Agency. FUTA will not be liable if there is any delay in the release of funds.
For further enquiries, please contact: The Director, Physical Planning at T.J.Useni Building, FUTA, Ondo State, between the hours of 11:00 am and 3:00 pm, Monday Friday.