The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA) invites reputable and experienced Contractors / Consultants to submit Tenders for the following projects:
The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), hitherto Inland Waterways Department (IWD) of the Federal Ministry of Transport, metamorphosed into an Authority vide an act of the National Assembly, CAP 47, Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (LFN), 2004 (Decree No. 13 of 1997), established with the primary responsibility to improve and develop Nigeria’s inland waterways for navigation.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification / Expression of Interest (EOI) / Invitation to Tender for the Projects Contained in the Year 2022 Budget Appropriation
The National Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), a Parastatal under the Federal Ministry of Transportation (FMOT) with Headquarters at Lokoja, Kogi State saddled with the responsibility of managing, regulating, and maintaining Inland Waterways. In line with the Public Procurement Act, 2007 hereby invites reputable and experienced Contractors / Consultants to submit Tenders for the under-listed projects contained in the Year 2022 Budget Appropriation.
Scope of Projects
- LOT 1: Procurement of 3No. Water Ambulances
- LOT 2: Construction of 1 No Tugboat
- LOT 3: Construction of Jetty at Kpakiama, Delta State.
Expression of Interest (EOI):
- LOT 4: Provision of River Guide (Pilotage)
- LOT 5: Training of responders (Boat drills & rescue techniques)
- LOT 6: Post-Impact Assessment (PIA) of Baro Inland River Port, Niger State
- LOT 7: ISPS Code Implementation of NIWA Facilities in Lagos, Warri, and Port Harcourt
- LOT 8: Evaluation of Impacts of Artisanal Sand Winning on Waterways (Warri-Baro)
- LOT 9: Provision and Subscription of Internet Bandwidth Services in Lagos Area Office
- LOT 10: Hydrographic Survey of a Section of Imo River from Akwete Passing Through Obigbo in Rivers State to Owerrinta in Imo State (98Km).
- LOT 11: Hydrographic Survey of a Section of River Benue from Tunga in Nasarawa to Dampar in Taraba State (160Km).
- LOT 12: Hydrographic Survey of Lake Chad Axis from Dabar Wazam to Kangalam to Madayi in Borno State.
- LOT 13: Hydrographic Survey of Lake Chad Axis from Potash Dam to Fish Dam to Filin Bodo in Borno State.
- LOT 14: Hydrographic Survey of a Section of River Benue from Makurdi in Benue State to Tunga in Nasarawa (150Km).
- LOT 15: Establishment of Hydrological Central Data Bank
- LOT 16: Discharge Measurement on Upper Rivers Niger and Benue & their Tributaries
Invitation to Tender:
- LOT 17: Purchase and Installation of a Permanent Electronic Gauging Station (PEGS) at Badagry, Lagos State.
- LOT 18: Purchase and Installation of a Permanent Electronic Gauging Station (PEGS) at Niwa Marina Jetty, Lagos State
- LOT 19: Channelization of River Utor from Estuary to Ebu, Delta State
- LOT 20: Shore Wall Protection Works at NIWA Marina Jetty, Lagos
- LOT 21: Completion of Idah Jetty, Kogi State.
- LOT 22: Provision and Installation of IT Equipment in NIWA Headquarters Digitalization of National Inland Waterways Authority
- LOT 23: Construction of Jetty at Ebu, Delta State.
- LOT 24: Procurement of 1No. Firefighting Truck
- LOT 25: Landscaping & Fencing of NIWA Research Development & Resource, Lokoja, Kogi State.
- LOT 26: Construction of 1No. Passenger Boat for use in Yelwa Yauri
- LOT 27: Rehabilitation of NIWA Workshop at Warri Area Office
- LOT 28: Rehabilitation of NIWA Workshop Lokoja
- LOT 29: Mechanical/Manual clearing of water hyacinth, floating debris, etc. at Northern Parts of Nigeria
- LOT 30: Mechanical/Manual clearing of water hyacinth, floating debris, etc. at Southern Parts of Nigeria
- LOT 31: Removal of Wrecks in Lagos
- LOT 32: Installation of Buoys, Mapping and Charting of The Section of River Niger from Onitsha to Bifurcation (200Km)
- LOT 33: Procurement and Installation of Electronic register for inland waterways
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with CAC including form CAC2 and CAC7 or CAC 1.1. Business Name is also acceptable for Services;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last 3 years (2019, 2020 & 2021) valid till 31 December 2022
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years - 2019, 2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
- Reference Letter from a reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria indicating a willingness to provide a credit facility for the execution of the project when needed.
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of the Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31 December 2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above):
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31 December 2022. Supply of Equipment:
- Evidence of being an Original Equipment Manufacturer or its representative.
- Company profile with the CVs of key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic and Professional qualifications.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last 5 years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the Projects.
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Inland Waterways Authority of the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder, or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars.
- Services: Evidence of Firm's current registration with relevant regulatory professional body(ies) whose expertise is required for the successful delivery of the project such as NAICOM/Insurance, CMD/Training, NITDA/ CPN/ Information Technology, ICAN / ANANI Financial Reporting Services, COREN / QSRBN/ ARCON I CORBON ISURCON I Construction / Consultancy, NSCDC / Security etc.;
- Invitation to Tender (for Goods & Works) is adopted when the item to be procured is less than N100 million for Goods and N300 million for Works, Bid Security is not required.
- For Joint Venture/Partnerships, a Memorandum of Understanding should be provided and duly signed by both parties (all the eligibility requirements are compulsory for each JV partner).
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letterhead Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the CAC, contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The letterhead paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
12:00 noon Monday, 25th April, 2022.
Application Closing Date (Invitation to Tender)
12:00 noon Monday, 16th May, 2022.
Opening of Documents (EOI / Pre-Qualification)
The Pre-Qualification/Expression of Interest (Eol) will be opened immediately after the dosure of submission at 12:00 noon on Monday 25 April, 2022 at the conference Hall of NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja in the presence of observers, only shortlisted firms and prequalified companies will be invited for second stage to collect Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Tender Documents.
Please ensure that you sign the Pre-Qualification/Eol Submission Register in the Procurement Department of the Authority, as NIWA will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted Pre-Qualification/Eol documents.
Opening of Documents (Tender)
The Technical Bids will be opened immediately after the closure of submission at 12:00 noon on Monday 16 May, 2022 at the Conference Hall of NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja in the presence of observers, while the financial bids will be kept un-opened.
Please ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the Procurement Department of the Authority, as NIWA will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from the Procurement Department in Room D11 NIWA Headquarters Lokoja, Kogi State upon presentation of evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid in favour of National Inland Waterways Authority's Remita account in any commercial bank (for prequalification and invitation to tender only).
Submission of Documents (Pre-Qualification / Expression of Interest)
Interested firms should submit two (2) bound PreQualification/EOI documents duly signed, paginated, separated by dividers, and arranged in the order outlined hereunder:
All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.). and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with the title of the project and Lot number and addressed to the:
National Inland Waterways Authority, Headquarters,
Adankolo New Layout,
Lokoja - Kogi State.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and be dropped in the designated "Tender Box" in Room D11 Block D of the Procurement Department at NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja, Kogi State not later than the specified closing date.
Submission of Documents (Invitation to Tender)
Prospective bidders are to submit a bid for each of the Lots desired, two (2) hard copies of each of the Technical and Financial bids with a soft copy of the Financial bid only in MS Excel format package separately in a sealed envelope and clearly marked "Technical Bid" or "Financial Bid" Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope and addressed to the above address and clearly marked with the title of the project and Lot number.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should have the name and address of the bidder and be dropped in the designated 'Tender Box' in Procurement Department, Room D11 at NIWA Headquarters, Lokoja. Kogi State not later than the specified closing date.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder.
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened.
- Documents not properly bound will be disqualified on the day of opening.
- All bids/ Eols must be written with indelible ink, those written with a pencil will be rejected.
- All costs will be borne by the bidders.
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency
- Invitation to Tender: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be contacted at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while financial bids of unsuccessful bidders will be kept unopened.
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots.
- Due diligence will be observed as all documented claims by the Contractors are subject to verification.
- Due diligence will be observed as all documented claims by the Contractors are subject to verification.
- NIWA is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
For further inquiries, please contact the General Manager (Procurement) on the e-mails: email@example.com