The Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning invites interested and eligible consultants to indicate interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
The Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning was originally established as National Planning Commission by Decree No 12 Of 1992 and later amended by Act 71 Of 1993. The Ministry has the mandate to determine and advise the Government of the Federation on matters relating to National Development and overall management of the national economy.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) - Procurement Of An Independent Verification Agent For The Fiscal Governance And Institutions Project (FGIP)
Reference Number: NG-FMF FGIP-280304-CS-CQS
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the World Bank for the Fiscal Governance and Institutions Project (FGIP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services ("the Services") is for an "Independent Verification Agent" to conduct performance assessments (PAS), including conducting desk-based reviews, visits to participating agencies (Bureau of Public Procurement, Abuja, National Bureau of Statistics, Abuja, Office of the Accountant General of the Federation, Abuja, Office of the Auditor General of the Federation, Abuja; Budget Office of the Federation, Abuja, Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation Abuja) etc. The PAs will cover all participating agencies and verify their performance against the approved Performance Based Conditions (PBCs) based on the verification protocol in accordance with the process outlined in the Project Operations Manual (POM).
The assignment is expected to start in Q1 of 2022 and to end in 02 of 2023 and will cover verification of all PBCs that have not yet been verified, through 4 assessments/verification reports, covering the PBCS achieved between January 2022 and February 2023.
The International Economic Relations Department of the Federal Ministry of Finance, Budget and National Planning now Invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services, Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
Application Closing Date
- At least a minimum of 10 years of experience in Audit, Public Financial Management, and availability of expertise on public sector human resources management, national/sub-national statistics assignments.
- Availability of the key experts specified in the attached TOR, in their quantity and quality Experience in similar assignments across sub-Saharan Africa or other similar jurisdictions especially in the areas of budgeting, audit, public procurement, human resource management systems and national/sub-national statistics.
- Experience of working with Supreme Audit Institutions in subSaharan Africa or similar jurisdiction; deep knowledge of auditing standards issued by INTOSAI and guidance from AFROSAI-E is desirable
- At least one successful completed verification results deliverables in a multi-focused and multi-stakeholder public project similar in scope at national or subnational levels.
- Good knowledge and understanding of controls within public sector IT systems.
- Proven experience and competence with respect to planning, coordinating and stakeholder management.
- Demonstrated experience in conduct of similar scale assignments in a virtual work environment.
- Proven experience and competence in the design and delivery of training and capacity building activities to the public sector.
- IT, security and logistical capabilities to set up and run a virtual based work program to operate under COVID-19 and high-risk conditions.
- The firm must be a member of and comply fully with the standards and ethical codes of a recognized professional accounting body.
16:00pm, 25th April, 2022.
Collection of Documents
(PDF) to download the full detailed TOR.
Submission of Documents
Expressions of interest (3 copies) must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, and by e-mail) at:
Fiscal Governance and Institutions Project(FGIP) - IVA Desk,
Attn: - The Director, International Economic Relations,
International Economic Relations Department,
Room 426/427, 4th Floor,
Phase Il Building,
Federal Ministry of Finance & Budget and National Planning,
Finance Headquarters Ahmadu Bello Way,
Central Business District,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Tel: +234 8033115666
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III paragraphs. 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers dated November 2020 ("Procurement Regulations"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, it selected. Therefore, while expressing interest JVs should clearly specify the qualifications of each of the associated firms to undertake the assignment.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
- Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours of 0900 to 1500 hours.