The Federal Medical Center, Makurdi invites competent reliable and experienced contractors to submit tender and EOI documents for the following works:
The Federal Medical Center, Makurdi is requesting for:
Title: Invitation to Tender / Expression of Interest (EOI) for 2022 Capital Project
The Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi in the provision of effective and efficient healthcare delivery in Benue State and its environs, in compliance with the requirements of the Public Procurement Act 2007 and extant regulations of Government on the Procurement of Goods, Works and Services and as provided in the 2022 Appropriations intends to procure the following works and services as detailed here below in their various categories Consequently, competent reliable and experienced contractors are hereby invited to Bid for the following projects.
Scope of Work and Services
Category A - Work:
- LOT A1: Rehabilitation/Equipping of Neonatal Intensive care Unit/Pediatric Medical Ward at FMC Makurdi Mission Ward
- LOT A2: Construction Equipping of Burns Unit at FMC Makurdi Permanent site Apir.
- LOT A3: Construction/Equipping of Laundry Unit at FMC Makurdi Permanent site Apir.
- LOT A4: Expansion/Equipping of Dialysis at FMC Makurdi, Mission Ward
- LOT A5: Renovation/Equipping of NHIS Complex at FMC Makurdi, Waterside
- LOT A6: Extension of Public Power supply to Mbamstar Outreach Centre
- LOT A7: Construction of Entrance Gate/Security house/walkways at the Permanent site Apir
Category B - Services:
- LOT B1: Human Capacity Building / Screening for Hepatitis, Breast and Prostate cancer in Buruku Federal Constituency, Benue State
Application Closing Date (Category A)
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including For CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7.Business Name is also acceptable:
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2022; with minimum average annual turnover as stated in the Standard Bid Documents:
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above):
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above):
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by Submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP
- Sworn Affidavit: disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars: None of the Directors of the company has been convicted for criminal offence involving financial impropriely in any Country:
- The company is not in receivership, insolvency or bankruptcy
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years - 2019,2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects:
- Works: List of Plants Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease:
- Category B: Evidence of Practice License issued by the relevant Regulatory Professional Body(ies):
- LotA6: Evidence of current License issued by Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA):
- For Joint Venture Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each partner)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering Forwarding letter under the Company Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number(RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Contact Address Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.) and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
12.00 noon Monday, 16th May, 2022.
Application Closing Date (Category B)
12:00 noon Monday, 25th April, 2022.
Opening of EOI and Technical BIds
The EOI and Technical Bids will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission at 12:00 noon Monday, 25th April 2022 and 12.00 noon Monday, 16th May, 2022 respectively in the Board Room of Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi,while the financial bids will be kept unopened. Bidders are to sign the bid submission register in the office of the Medical Director, Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi (Mission Ward).
Collection of Tender Documents (Category A)
Interested bidders are to collect tender documents from the office of Head of Procurement Department (Upstairs) between 8.00am-4:00pm (Monday-Friday) on evidence payment of a non-refundable tender fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only per LOT, paid into Federal Medical Centre, Makurdis Remita account in any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria Interested Firms in Category B will not pay at this stage until after shortlisting
Submission of Tender Documents (Category A)
Bidders are to submit two (2) hard copies, one copy of technical and one copy of financial bid with soft copy of financial bids only in MS EXCEL format packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as 'Technical Bid or Financial Bid'. Thereafter put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with the name of the project and Lot number and addressed to the:
Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi,
No.1 Atiku Abubakar Road,
P.M.B 102004 Makurdi,
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Proof box at the above address not later than the specified closing date.
Submission of EOi Documents (Category B)
Interested Firms are to submit two (2) bound of Expression of Interest(EOI) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as stated above and clearly marked with the name of the project and the lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box not later than the specified closing date.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder,
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened:
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots:
- All costs will be borne by the bidders
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption Transparency,
- Bid documents can also be collected in soft copies and Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services)
- Works: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened,
- Services: Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposal
- Federal Medical Centre, Makurdi is not bound to pre-qualify, shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities to the bidders in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
For further enquiries contact the Head of Department, Procurement on firstname.lastname@example.org