The Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA) invites suitably qualified consultants with good track records to express interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
The Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA) is the Federal Government of Nigeria agency concerned with road construction, improvement and connectivity between the States of Nigeria.
Applications are invited for:
TItle: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) - For the Selection of Consultant (Category C)
The Federal Roads Maintenance Agency (FERMA) is desirous of engaging Consultants for the execution of consultancy services as provided in the 2022 Appropriation Act. In line with provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007, FERMA hereby invites suitably qualified consultants with good track records to express interest in the underlisted projects.
Scope of Services
Package I(MSD/PPP UNIT):
- The scope of works includes but not limited to pavement evaluation using falling weight deflectometer and image collector technology includes trial of roadroid.
Package II (COMM/PR UNIT);
- The scope of works include but not limited to engagement of critical stakeholders on road maintenance management and production/airing/broadcast of Yoruba, hausa, Igbo and Yoruba Radio Documentary Programme Nationwide.
Package III (ICT UNIT);
- The scope of works include but not limited to Establishment of Security Video Surveillance Center at the Agency's Headquarters.
Package IV (FACILITY UNIT):
- The scope of works include but not limited to Procurement of Consultant as Estate Surveyors and Valuers for FERMA Properties
Package I: Multi-lateral & Special Duties.
|Pavement Evaluation Using Falling Weight Deflectometer And Image Collector Technology Includes Trial Of Roadroid
|Domestication of Road user Charging (RUC) Models and IVTC Implementation
|Implementation Of Road Asset Management System (Including Development And Incorporation Of In-House Modules - Preventive Road Maintenance System Prms)
Package II: Communication/PR Unit
|Critical Stakeholders Engagement on Road Maintenance Nationwide
|Production and Airing Broadcast of Hausa, Igbo And Yoruba Radio Documentary Programme Nationwide
Package III: Ict Unit
|Establishment Of Security Video Surveillance Center At The Agency's Headquarters
Package Iv: Facility Mgt Unit
|Procurement Of Consultantas E State Surveyors And Valuers For Ferma Properties
Prospective bidders must possess the following eligibility criteria to be able to participate in the bidding process:
Application Closing Date
- Colour copy of evidence of incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) as a Limited/Public Liability Company including copy of certified Memorandum and Articles of Association as well as forms CAC 2 and CAC 7.Business Name is also acceptable;
- Colour copy of Company Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 & 2021) valid till 31" December 2022.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above).
- Colour copy of NSITF Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by inclusion of Interim Registration Report (IRR) issued by BPP valid till 31" December, 2022.
- A Sworn Affidavit dated not earlier than 4th April, 2022 indicating that all documents submitted are genuine and verifiable.
- A Sworn Affidavit dated not earlier than 4 April, 2022 that none of the directors nor the Company itself has been convicted of any criminal offence in any country including financial impropriety
- A Swom Affidavit dated not earlier than 4 April, 2022 that the bidder is not in receivership, the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceeding
- Inclusion of verifiable evidence of plant and equipment with proof of ownership or lease agreement and technology capacity relevant to the project.
- Inclusion of verifiable list of previous similar works compared to the proposed projects successfully carried out within the last three (3) years with names of client, evidence of award letter(s), Last Interim Certificate of valuation for projector job completion certificate
- Company's profile including organizational structure, key professional staff with their names telephone numbers, emails address, responsibilities, designation, years of experience at least two (2) of which must be a registered member with their professional body as it relates to the proposed projects including 2022 Practicing License.
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2019, 2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS):
- Reference letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project in addition to evidence of a turnover of at least N10m in the last three years (2019, 2020 and 2021).
- The offer must be properly signed. xvi. All bids must be submitted in English language.
12:00 noon Tuesday, 26th April, 2022.
Opening of Documents
All EOls will be publicly opened immediately following the deadline for the submission of bids at 12:00 noon on Tuesday, 26th APRIL 2022 at the Ferma Headquarters, Conference Room, Second Floor, Plot 163, Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja. The Federal Roads Maintenance Agency will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
The Representative of Bureau of public procurement, Representative of Companies that submitted bids, Representative of Professional Bodies and the Civil Societies (One Person each) are invited to witness the bid opening exercise
Submission of Expression of Interest (EOI)
Interested bidders are to submit their bid(s) for each of the Lot(s) desired in two (2) hard copies. The bid should be clearly marked "Expression of Interest Original" at the bottom right hand corner of the first envelope and the second clearly marked "copy" at the bottom Left hand corner.
Each of bid for Expression of Interest (Eol) must be packaged separately in sealed envelopes and put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked on the top left hand corner "Confidential" and top right hand corner "Tender for _(indicate Lot No./Project Description/Contract No.) and addressed to:
Attention: Director (Procurement),
The Managing Director,
Federal Roads Maintenance Agency,
Plot 163, Aminu Kano Crescent,
Wuse II - (F.C.T) Abuja
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and hand delivered not later than the specified closing date to the Office of the Deputy Director (Procurement), FERMA Headquarters Annex Building, No. 7 Eldoret Close, Off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse ll-Abuja. Ground Floor, Room GF003.
Please note that:
- All Services will not attract Bid Security
- All Expression of Interest (EOI) does not require Tender fee.
- The Services may not attract advance payment
- All Procurement attract a minimum guarantee as specified in the Request for Expression of Interest.
- Consultants who have worked for the Agency and have history of abandonment, termination and/or lack capacity need not apply.
- Only correctly addressed bids will be received
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding Letter under the Company/Firm Letter headed paper bearing amongst others, the registration Number(RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address (not P.O.Box), Telephone Numbers (Preferable GSM Number) and E-Mail Address. The letter headed paper must bear the names and nationalities of the Directors of the company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the company.
- The Agency will carry out Due Diligence on the companies to verify claims included in their submissions when necessary.
- The Agency will not enter into unnecessary correspondence with any Consultants except when deemed fit and in the interest of the bid.
- All costs incurred by any Company in respect of this advertisement are at her own expense and the Agency shall not entertain any claim whatsoever in this regard.
- The Agency reserves the right to verify any claim made by any of the Bidders.
- The Agency reserves the right to suspend or cancel the bidding process at any stage if and when the need arises in line with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
- Late submissions will be rejected and returned un-opened. xiv. Only short-listed firms will be contacted and invited for financial Bid.
- the use of face mask during bid opening exercise is mandatory. (No face mask, No entry)
Non adherence to any of the instructions above attracts automatic disqualification.