Jhpiego invites Eligible Academic / Research Institutions Across Nigeria to tender applications for the following works:
Jhpiego is a nonprofit organization for international health affiliated with Johns Hopkins University. The group was founded in 1973 and initially called the Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Gynecology and Obstetrics, but is now referred to simply as Jhpiego.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Call for Application from Eligible Academic / Research Institutions Across Nigeria, to be Part of National RMNCH Quality of Care (QOC) Technical Working Group and Implementation of QOC Research in Nigeria
Background / Context
Momentum Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and aims to contribute to global and country technical leadership, learning and quality of care in reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health (RMNCH) in Nigeria.
Scope of Work for Academic / Research Institutions
Jhpiego as the lead implementer for the USAID MCGL Quality of Care (CoC) project, is putting out a call for eligible academic institutions across the country to apply to be part of the national RMNCH Qoc network and to generate evidence that will strengthen roll-out of the quality of care implementation at state level, with an emphasis on implementation research that demonstrates the "how" at a local level. A total of six academic institutions will be selected.
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Instructions for Applicants
- The Federal Ministry of Health, MCGL and partners require the services of the selected institution to lead the design and implementation of a research study to answer the question: "What facilitators and barriers to effective governance of RMNCH quality of care program activities at Secondary and Primary Health Care levels in three states (including regular measurement and analysis of aggregated and site-specific quality of care data, regular support to facility based Quality Improvement teams, regular support for shared learning across sites)?"
Address all six criteria listed below in your application:
- Demonstrable experience of leadership in the public health community in Nigeria (essential) and globally (desirable).
- Strong reputation and experience in health systems and implementation research.
- Experience of working with the government on issues relevant on quality of care (QoC) programs, or service on government boards/committee and previous RMNCH and QoC publications.
- Administrative capacity to manage sub-grant contract research in Nigeria.
- Years of experience in working of RMNCH quality of care QoC research.
- Composition and qualifications of research team
- Develop a 3-page concept note that outlines your proposed research methodology to address the research question stated above focused on quality of care. Please include a high-level budget for a 2-year study based on the methodology outlined in your concept note. Assume that all implementation activity costs will be paid for separately.
The Scope of Work for the Selected Institutions Would Involve the Following:
- Develop a detailed research protocol, quality assurance and monitoring strategies.
- Collaborate with MCGL to obtain ethical approvals from local IRB and Johns Hopkins University (JHU) (a requirement for all MCGL supported studies) and ensure compliance with all related research policies.
- Complete rigorous research, applying best practices for quality assurance, data management, documentation within agreed upon timeframes.
- Provide regular progress reports to MCGL, Ministry of Health (MoH), and national RMNCH QOC Technical Working Group (TWG).
- Produce a detailed study report and journal manuscript for peer-reviewed publication.
- Develop a dissemination strategy in consultation with MCGL, MOH and RMNCH QOC TWG.
- Dissemination strategies may include policy and technical briefs, presentations, workshops, or other related activities,
- Participate in quarterly national RMNCH QoC TWG meeting.
MCGL in collaboration with the fMOH will be responsible for the following:
- Introduction of the Academic/Research Institutions to the National RMNCH QoC TWG
- Technical assistance in obtaining JHU IRB approval
- Joint monitoring/oversight of research study
- Review and provide feedback on study report
- Provide technical support for the journal manuscript development while funding will be the sole responsibility of MCGL.
Application should include the following:
- Proposals and accompanying costs should be put in plain sealed envelope, with proposal title written boldly on the right-hand side of the envelope,
- Proof or license to offer required services as given by the responsible regulatory body (if applicable).
- State Validity of Application
- To be determined on successful onboarding
All applicants should provide the following:
Application Closing Date
- Certificate of registration and other incorporation document
- Applicant must be a licensed/authorized provider of services to be rendered (please provide supporting documentation, where applicable).
- Minimum of three (3) reputable references active within the last three (3) years from clients/organizations.
- References must be similar to the service requirements detailed in this proposal.
- Interested applicant must be financially capable to execute contract without advance payment.
4:00pm Tuesday, 19th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
All applicant should be addressed and delivered to:
The Procurement Committee,
Jhpiego-an Affiliate of John Hopkins University,
Plot 971, Reuben Okoya Crescent (Behind Pacesetters College),
Wuye - (FCT) Abuja.
Ensure that you put all application into bid box at the reception. Also, ensure that you complete the bid work sheet at the reception.
Please direct all communications via e-mail to: email@example.com
(No phone calls or personal email enquiries, use only the email id provided).