CLEEN Foundation invites gender experts with vast trackable experience in gender studies to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The CLEEN Foundation (formerly known as Centre for Law Enforcement Education) is non governmental organization established in January 1998 with the mission of promoting public safety, security and accessible justice through the strategies of empirical research, legislative advocacy, demonstration programmes and publications, in partnership with government, civil society and the private sector.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Call for Expression of Interest (EOI) for a Gender Consultant
The CLEEN Foundation (formerly known as Centre for Law Enforcement Education) works through its headquarters in Abuja and regional offices in Lagos, Owerri, and Edo states to implement program and projects across Nigeria and the West Africa sub region. Towards meeting CLEEN's research mandate, the organization is frequently contracting field work and research reports to experts on broader issue of public safety, security, and justice sector reform in Nigeria
Thus, through a competitive bidding process, CLEEN Foundation invites applications from suitable researchers and experts.
The rate of Sexual and Gender Based Violence in Nigeria witnessed a spike primarily during the during the COVID-19 lockdown measures by the federal government. The period also saw an increase in intimate partner violence because of the lockdown measures. The concern many people have raised is about legal standards and state mechanisms expected to mitigate the scourge of sexual and gender-based violence in the Nigerian society.
Primarily, concerns have been drawn to the role of the Nigeria Police Force in the fight against SGBV in the country. Complementing the various existing extant laws designed for the protection of the rights and dignity of women and the girl child in the country, the Nigeria Police Force created a gender unit setup primarily to handle complaints around SGBV in the country. Although a laudable step by the police, it is still unclear to many observers how the unit has handled the fight against SGBV in the country. To therefore expand the scope of the discourse, it is imperative to explore the perception of the public and personnel of the Nigeria Police Force.
- Investigate the knowledge, attitude, practice, and experience of the public on the strategies of the police towards mitigating sexual and gender-based violence in Nigeria.
- Examine ways and strategies of combating the menace of SGBV in the country.
In view of the above, CLEEN Foundation is inviting applications from gender experts with vast trackable experience in gender studies in Nigeria.
Requirement for Consultant
Roles / Responsibilities
- S/he must possess at least a Master's degree preferably in Gender Studies, Sociology, or any other Social Science related discipline.
- Must have at least 10 years consistent experience on the subject matter.
- must have a good knowledge of quantitative research.
- Must possess a good writing skill.
Application Closing Date
- The consultant will actively participate in the methodology workshop.
- The consultant will develop the final tool for the survey following the methodology workshop.
- The consultant will participate in the post-survey evaluation.
- The consultant will develop the research report.
15th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Interested and qualified individuals should submit their application documents to: email@example.com
The Application must include the following:
- A cover letter showing experience and suitable skill for the requirements highlighted above.
- An updated CV (maximum of 3 pages)..
- A sole-author publication around the subject matter.