The Africa Union Development Agency - New Partnership for Africa’s Development (AUDA-NEPAD) invites eligible Consultants to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The Africa Union Development Agency - New Partnership for Africa’s Development (AUDA-NEPAD) - At the 31st Ordinary Session of the Assembly of African Union Heads of State and Government in Nouakchott, Mauritania, June 2018, a decision was taken to transform the NEPAD Planning and Coordination Agency into the African Union Development Agency-NEPAD (AUDA-NEPAD). The establishment of AUDA-NEPAD is part of the global reforms geared at improving the Union’s impact and operational efficiency.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - Development of a Sustainability Plan of the Regional Centre of Excellence on Occupational Health and Safety
The Africa Union Development Agency - New Partnership for Africa’s Development (AUDA-NEPAD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Southern Africa Tuberculosis and Health Systems Support Project and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The main objectives of the consulting services are to:
- To assess the currently available infrastructure, capacities, services and revenue-generating models;
- To conduct local, regional, and continental needs analysis for occupational health and safety services, training, research, and consulting services that the CoE can leverage on for resource mobilization;
- To map strategic partners that the CoE can collaborate with and develop a sustainable collaborative model linking the centre of excellence with key local, regional and international institutions and organisations such as AUC, AUDA-NEPAD, ILO, WHO, ECSA-HC, TDRC, NIOH, Universities, etc;
- To develop a regional sustainability plan and implementation roadmap for the CoE on OHS with a clear implementation structure; and
- To develop sustainable quality management systems that will support the sustainability plan.
The level of effort is estimated at 50 person days to be implemented in three (3) months period tentatively between May and July 2022.
The Africa Union Development Agency - New Partnership for Africa’s Development (AUDA-NEPAD now invites eligible Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
Qualifications. Experience and Competencies
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in either of the following: Public Health/Public Administration/Economics/Monitoring &Evaluation /Strategicplanning/Occupational Health and safety, or related fields;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in developing sustainability plans;
- Demonstratable experience in designing quality management systems;
- Demonstratable experience in designing monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Knowledge and understanding of occupational health and safety in the region; and
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
For evaluation of the expressions of interest, the following criteria will be applied with a pass mark of 70 points:
Application Closing Date
- Qualifications - Education and Relevant Training (30 points)
- Experience related to the assignment (60 points).
- Knowledge of the region & local conditions (10 points)
14:30hrs (South African Time), 12th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Expressions of interest with supporting documents must be delivered in a written form to the address below. All EOIs must be marked “Consultancy to Develop Sustainability Plan of the Regional Centre of Excellence on Occupational Health and Safety - 54/AUDA/PDCD/HCID/ICS/2022" in the subject line and delivered to:
The Chairperson Internal Procurement Committee (IPC),
Africa Union Development Agency - New Partnership for Africa’s Development (AUDA-NEPAD),
230, 15th Road, P. O. Box 218 Midrand,
and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following documents for AUDA-NEPAD consideration:
- Cover letter.
- Signed declaration of undertaking (downloadable from AUDA-NEPAD website).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- proof of stated qualifications in the form of the copies of the degrees obtained.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 Revised November 2017 and August 2018 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant’s Selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations.