The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) invites eligible Individual Consultants to submit EOI documents for the following:
The Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) is a specialized technical institution of the African Union that supports Member States in their efforts to strengthen their health systems. Africa CDC was officially launched in January 2017, and is guided by the principles of leadership, credibility, and ownership, and delegated authority, timely dissemination of information, transparency, accountability, and value addition. The institution works with all African countries to strengthen the capabilities of their public health institutions for disease surveillance, emergency response, prevention and control, including the capacity to detect and respond quickly and effectively to disease threats.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Expression of Interest (EOI) - Consultancy Services for Development of Administrative Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures
Africa CDC as a new organization is in the process of streamlining its process in line with the current policies and procedures of the African Union and best practices in order to create agile process. As a priority area the Division of Management and Administration has been selected as a pilot to streamline process of the division. In order to achieve these objective, the Africa CDC is seeking the service of Individual Consultant (IC) for the development of SoP for the Administration and Management Division.
The overall objective of the assignment is to develop standard operating procedures for key functions under the Management and Administrating Division of the Africa CDC. Key functions under the Management and admiration Division includes; Human Resources Management, Finance and Supply Chain Management (Procurement, Travel, stores and asset management). Indicative list of activities is annexed this ToR. It has to be noted that these lists are not exhaustive.
Scope of Assignment
Under this assignment the Consultant is expected to cover the following tasks:
- Consult widely with the Management of the Africa CDC and the Management and Administration Division
- Review the existing policies and procedures governing administrative services, analyse the as-is, identify redundant areas or gaps and suggest changes incorporating the "should-be" processes whilst considering key factors including but not limited to the following:
- The need to adhere to international best practice
- The need to remove outdated practices, polices or procedures
- Incorporate new trends in administrative services
- Identify key process and mapping
- Develop Standard operating Procedures for identified process
- Develop Templates as may be necessary
- Make presentation to the management of Africa CDC
- Receive and incorporate comments in the revised Guidelines and SoPs
- Produce final SoP
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- An inception report summarizing the scope, methodology and general understanding of the assignment.
- Draft Administrative Guidelines including process mapping and Sops for key activities
- Final Administrative Guidelines including process mapping and Sops for key activities
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in organizational psychology, business administration, human resources management or any other social science area or field related to management consulting.
- At least 5 years of experience in organizational development and institutional or capacity development
- Extensive knowledge of organizational development and institutional or capacity development
- Knowledge of procedures of similar organizations or institutions.
- Specific experience in developing and/or reviewing administrative policies/guidelines/SoPs for similar organizations or major public institutions.
Application Closing Date
- Excellent writing skills,
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to pay attention to detail;
22nd April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
CVs for the assignment must be delivered in a written form following the above criteria to the below address:
Attn: Administration and Management Division,
P.O. Box 3243, Addis Ababa,
Tel +251-115517700, Facsimile (fax): +2515517844