Mercy Corps Nigeria invites interested and eligible service provider(s) to express interest by submitting tender documents for the following work:
Mercy Corps is a global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. Mercy Corps started its operations in 1979 in Portland, USA and has since expanded to 43 countries worldwide. The organization exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people secure productive and just communities. Our work focuses on areas of emergency relief, sustainable economic development, gender and education. Mercy Corps has been in Nigeria since 2012 and has grown into a multi-sectoral country office with more than 150 staff across offices in FCT, Gombe, Maiduguri, Biu, Kano, Lagos, and Jos where more than 500,000 beneficiaries are served.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Hotel Services for Mercy Corps in Abuja, Kano, Kaduna,Plateau, Katsina , Yola, Gombe, Kogi, Akwa Ibom and Lagos
Mercy Corps Ltd/Gte Nigeria is seeking for service provider for hotel service for Mercy Corps offices in: Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Katsina, Yola, Gombe, Kogi, Akwa Ibom and Lagos state respectively for a period of 12 months with possible further extension subject to Mercy Corps Ltd/Gte decision and satisfactory performance of the contract.
Statement of Purpose
Mercy Corps holds several events and activities in hotels and public halls on a regular basis, which require high-level coordination and planning for success and cost optimization. Mercy Corps having observed the available hotel facilities in states , has decided to increase the number to facilitate the efficient handling of events, accommodate staff and participants where necessary as well as obtain best rates and quality services from the hospitality and event providers.
Mercy Corps expects all hotel service providers to have as referred to this Sow, but not limited to, the following:
- Shall apply international standards in providing conferencing and accommodation services and shall have rating of either 3, 4 or 5 stars.
- Shall have a conference room(s) and related services available in hotel or at neighbouring partner located at a walking distance from accommodation.
- Shall have discount rates available.
- Should have 24hrs uninterrupted power supply
- Shall have parking space for vehicles.
- Shall have reliable internet connection in the hotel conference facilities and guest rooms.
- Should be cleared by Mercy Corps Security Team based on their minimum requirements.
- Others: Offers conference services - Additional equipment, Building: Lightening and Decoration of building and exhibition panel, Signage, Stage, Security, Catering ancillary staff.
- The hotel’s ability to accommodate staff, meeting participants and other delegates with access to disabled people.
- Have basic facilities in the rooms such as single or double bed, tea/coffee facilities, A/C, TV screen, telephone for emergency, hot and cold water.
- Apart from the above hotels are expected to have internet connection and safe deposits in rooms and laundry provisions.
- Secured parking facility.
- Specify the available number of halls and capacities
- Ability to set-up multiple styles for sitting arrangements in meeting rooms e.g. conference, theater etc.
- Meeting room with adequate lighting.
- Meeting room with adequate spaces for installing other equipment
- Good internet connections to be available in the conference Halls
- Secured parking facility.
- Audio visual (such as projector, screen, laptop, mic etc.) to be organized as requested.
- Breakout rooms as requested for high and medium band
- Sound system (indicate if outsourced)
- A cooling system
- Ability to provide meeting packages as follows with the minimum requirements:
- Half day meeting package (1 tea break inclusive of bottled water and tissues, lunch)
- Full day meeting package (2 tea breaks inclusive of bottled water and tissues, lunch)
Application Closing Date
- Ability to provide catering for AM/PM tea/coffee, snacks; buffet or plated lunch and dinner.
- Beverages package (All non-alcoholic drinks such as orange juice, coke, water and tea/coffee).
- Breakfast Inclusive/Exclusive
5:00pm, 26th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Proposals shall be submitted in a sealed envelope labelled as "NIG/ABV/TEN0055- Hotel services for Mercy Corps in chosen State of interest" to: Mercy Corps Abuja Office with address at:
No 166 Umar Dikko Street,
Adjacent Lake View Estate,
Jabi - FCT Abuja
- Electronic Submissions must be sent in PDF Format.
- Only Hotels in Abuja, Kano, Kaduna, Plateau, Katsina and Lagos States are eligible to apply for their respective locations.
for a detailed and complete tender document.