Oxfam International invites interested, eligible and reputable law firms / agencies to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
Oxfam is a British founded confederation of 21 independent charitable organizations focusing on the alleviation of global poverty, founded in 1942 and led by Oxfam International.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Quotation (RFQ) - Legal Advisory Services (Law Firms)
Background & Objective
Oxfam; is a world-wide development organization that mobilizes the power of people against poverty. In Nigeria, we work to influence policy change in favour of the poor and most vulnerable, promoting food security and supporting small scale farmers to improve the livelihoods of men and women in rural areas. We focus on meeting vulnerable people's needs, saving lives, sustaining increased; incomes for the poorest, transforming attitudes about women’s roles and rights.
We increase; active citizenship, and; the accountability and transparency of public and private sector; and central to our work is the belief that power relations need to change to enable poor people to demand and claim their rights. Our core values are equality, empowerment, solidarity, inclusiveness, accountability, and courage with the pillars of our national work being accountable governance, gender justice and just economies.
Oxfam’s primary objective of engaging a lawfirm is to advise Oxfam on its legal rights and responsibilities in various transactions,regulatory compliance issues,and other matters in which legal opinion and further assistance are required.The lawfirm will be engaged to support Oxfam on a broad range of issues, including but not limited to structuring legal remedies for relevant issues, and drafting and reviewing of Oxfam’s contracts and agreements.The lawfirm may also be engaged to assist and represent Oxfam in dispute resolution proceedings, where necessary.
Description and Scope of Work
Qualifications and Areas of Expertise
- Conduct legal analysis and research on various legal matters.
- Provide advice on different legal issues and assist in drafting legal opinions, memoranda, and other legal documents.
- Present facts verbally and in writing.
- Carry out immigration services.
- Assist in reviewing the legal material and any other relevant documents and identifying the most critical issues that need to be addressed,on a priority basis.
- Draw up formalities regarding the settlement of disputes and monitor the implementation of the legal clauses.
- Advise on issues relating to Employment& Labour Law.
- Represent Oxfam in litigation and other dispute resolution proceedings.
- Interface on behalf of Oxfam with government agencies.
- Represent Oxfam in contract negotiations.
The should be particularly competent in the following areas of law:
- Legal and Regulatory Compliance
- Commercial/Company Law
- Employment & Labour Law
- International Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- General Legal Advisory
- Sponsored, Funded / Financial terms
The must possess the following documentation:
Approach and Methodology
- CAC registration certificate.
- Proof of physical law office address in Abuja.
- Profile of qualified lawyers.
Application Closing Date
- Oxfam would like to engage a based on a retainer-ship agreement for all types of legal engagements.
- The must have a diverse team who have the knowledge and experience in different legal aspects and be able to assign designated lawyers(s) that would have experience in most of the areas of expertise mentioned above.
- The must have a reasonable response time in relation to queries from Oxfam.
- The should be based in Abuja or should have an office/representative present in Abuja.
- The is considered a service provider and is expected to assign an account manager to Oxfam,who will coordinate all the legal requests from Oxfam and or advise on the best suitable lawyer for each legal review/case.
5:00pm (WAT), 20th April, 2022.
For inquiries about procurement and bids, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
to download the detailed TOR of the quotation.