The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC) invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to submit tender documents for the following works:
The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. It has the largest acreage in the country from which it produces some 39 per cent of the nation's oil. The company's operations are concentrated in the Niger Delta and adjoining shallow offshore areas where it operates in an oil mining lease area of around 31,000 square kilometres.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Provision of Geotechnical Engineering Services at Unspecified Locations on the Niger Delta
Nipex Tender No:
Reference Tender No: CW 608721
The Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC), Operator of NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, experience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender for the Provision of Geotechnical Engineering Services at unspecified locations in the Niger Delta. The contracts which will result from this tender will be four (4) in number and are expected to commence in 2022.
The contract duration will be for a period of three (3) years primary term with an optional one (1) year term. The contract for the works shall be on call-off basis and there will be no guarantee of minimum works. Bidders will be expected to demonstrate their capability and capacity to accept and deal technical complexities associated with a contract of this magnitude and this evidence will be required in the next stages of this tender
SPDC hereby invites submission from reputable and competent Nigerian registered companies having requisite proven experience in Provision of Geotechnical Engineering Services at unspecified locations in the Niger Delta and all other works within the scope of works.
Scope of Work
The WORK to be covered under this CONTRACT generally consists of all works incidental and necessary to the successful completion of services related to the Provision of Geotechnical Engineering Services at unspecified locations in the Niger Delta and shall include the following:
- Mobilization of equipment materials & personnel to land or swamp sites
- Carry out soil boring below ground surface collecting disturbed and undisturbed samples for various tests including the Standard Penetration Test (SPT).
- Carry out some in-situ tests including resistivity test.
- Perform Dutch Cone Penetration Test (CPT) to required depth or refusal whichever comes first.
- Carry out various required laboratory tests on representative samples including index tests, chemical test, strength tests, compressibility, and consolidation tests.
- Analyse and interpret the laboratory tests results and data.
- Recommend suitable foundation types and loads.
- Write a Geotechnical Investigation report with all details that may be required.
- Other miscellaneous civil works.
Nigerian Content Requirements
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested contractors are required to be pre-qualified in the Product Group: 3.09.02 in Nipex Joint Qualification System (NJQS) data base. Only successfully pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive the Technical and Commercial Invitation To Tender (TT).
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the product/service you are listed for: open http://vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details, click on "Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool" button, click "Check My Supplier Status" and then click 'Supplier Product Group".
- If you are not listed in a product/service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8 Bayo Kuku Street, Ikoyi, Logos with your DPR certificate as evidence for necessary update.
- To initiate the NJQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com to download the application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
- To be eligible, all tenders must comply with the Nigerian Content Requirements in the NipeX system.
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act and also provide the following requirements:
Application Closing Date
- Demonstrate that entity is a Nigerian registered company with greater than 51% Nigerian shareholding. Submit certified true copies of CAC forms 10, 02 & 07 (or its equivalent; CAC 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, etc.) including company memorandum & article of association and/or evidence of entity's incorporation, shareholding & ownership structure in Nigeria.
- Tenderer shall provide evidence of Category 1,2,3,4 & 5 Services and Support group NCEC to demonstrate capacity and capacity to execute the work scope
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage of the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Tenderer shall provide detailed description of the location of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (Administrative/Technical offices, workshop.) in Nigeria to support this contract
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well-equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such patronage.
- Tenderer shall comply with the latest approved version of NCDMB HCD guideline by committing (via a letter of undertaking) to providing Project-Specific training, man-hour, budget, skill development and understudy plan for Nigerian personnel utilizing OGTAN registered trainer(s) or other approved NCDMB training institution(s).
- Provide evidence of domiciliation of project management and procurement centres in Nigeria with physical addresses (not P.O.Box).
- Location of in-country facilities (equipment, storage, workshops, repair & maintenance facilities and, testing facilities)
Only tenderers who are registered with NUQS in the category 3.09.02- Geotechnical Engineering Services os at 6th May 2022 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical and Commercial Bids.
NCDMB Certification of Authorization number:
- Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be pre-qualified in NJQS under the relevant product/service categories.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS pre-qualification shall be to the contractor's accounts.
- The contract shall be awarded to four (4) successful contractors on call-off basis.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of SPDC to award any contract to companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle pre-qualified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from THE SHELL PETROLEUM DEVELOPMENT COMPANY LIMITED and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been pre-qualified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be the NNPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit both technical and commercial tenders together. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be evaluated based on their submitted commercial tenders.
- NNPC/SPDC reserves the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
- SPDC will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualified companies and NOT through individuals or Agents.
ES/NCDMB/SPDC/ADV/UPD/230322/Provision of Geotechnical Engineering Services at Unspecified Locations on the Niger Delta.