The Sheda Science and Technology Complex (SHESTCO) invites interested and competent companies / organisations to indicate interest by submitting tender and pre-qualification documents for the following works:
The Sheda Science and Technology Complex (SHESTCO) is a parastatal under the Nigerian Ministry of Science & Technology. It is a multi disciplinary research and development establishment located in Kwali Area Council about 70 km from Abuja, Nigeria. SHESTCO was established by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 1993.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Tender
Sheda Science and Technology Complex is a Government Parastatal with a mandate to conduct Research and Development in the Advanced Basic and Applied Science, and Maintain High Quality Advanced Research Laboratories and Facilities in Biotechnology & Genetic Engineering, Chemistry, Physics and Applied Mathematics and Simulation for use by all institutions of higher learning to strengthen the technological base of the Nigerian economy.
The Federal Government of Nigeria has made provision in the 2022 Appropriation Act for the procurement of Goods, Works and Services in respect of Sheda Science and Technology Complex, Sheda Abuja. Consequently, the Complex is desirous of engaging competent companies to submit Tender documents for the following.
Scope of Goods & Works
Category A - Goods:
- Lot G1 - Procurement of laboratory Equipment and accessories for Chemistry Advanced Research Center: Development and Production of Anti-sickling and Anti-Epilepsy drugs to produce Pro Poor Health Care Services
- Lot G2 - Environmental Assessment of Air, Water, Food and Soil quality for improved life expectation of Citizenry
- Lot G3 - Procurement of Laboratory Equipment for R&D in Food Production and Food security
- Lot G4 - Procurement of Solar Power Back-up Infrastructure for Sensitive High-Tech Equipment and Life Sciences
- Lot G5 - Procurement of laboratory Equipment and Accessories for Biotechnology Advanced Research Center: Development of Insect Resistant Cowpea
- Lot G6 - Procurement of laboratory Equipment and accessories for Physics Advanced Research Center: Production of Solar collection and Concentration Farm for the generation of Electricity using steam, turbine for daylight generation of electricity
- Lot G7 - Application of Nano technology and Molecular Methods for DNA Detection in a Forensic Context - Plants Animals and Crude Oil Barcoding.
- Lot G8 - Development of Processes for Beneficiation of Minerals and Collection Solid Minerals with Industrial Applications
- Lot G9 - Procurement of laboratory Equipment and accessories for Physics Advanced Research Center: Formulation and Fabrication of Agro waste Polymer Composites for Engineering Applications.
- Lot G10 - Development, Production and Distribution of Agro-Inputs (Planting Materials in 4 States)
- Lot G11 - Procurement of laboratory Equipment and Accessories for Biotechnology Advanced Research Center: Development of Novel Methods and cutting edge Biotechnology Processes for Food & water Industry.
- Lot G12 - Procurement of Laboratory Equipment for R&D in Strength ening Delivery beyond the Primary Healthcare System
- Lot G13 - Procurement of Laboratory Equipment for R&D in Environmental Sustainability and Climate Mitigation
- Lot G14 - Deployment of Computation High Performance Computer for Advanced Mathematics and Simulation
Pre-Qualification for Tender - Category B (Works):
- Lot W1 - Construction and Installation of All-in-One Solar Street light in selected locations of the Six (6) Geopolitical Zone
- Lot W2 - Construction of Administrative Block Federal Polytechnic Orogun, Delta Senatorial District, Delta State
- Lot W3 - Construction of JAMB Centre in Jalingo, Taraba State
- Lot W4 - Equipping/Provision of Computers and Generators to Jamb Centre in Jalingo
- Lot W5 - Construction of Renewable Solar Mini Grid in Market Clauster Abia Senatorial District Abia State
- Lot W6 - Construction of Police Station and Quarters at Ibagun llorin East
- Lot W7 - Construction of Two (2) Units of five (5) Bedroom and Boy's Quarters
- Lot W8 - Construction of Block of Science Laboratory in Uhuona-Aga bi Ebonyi State
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including form CAC1.1 or CAC2&CAC7;
- Evidence of Company's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021) expiring on 31st December,2022 with minimum average annual turnover of N50m;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) compliance certificate valid till 31st December, 2022; Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Sheda Science and Technology Complex or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars
- That the company is not in receivership or the subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceedings.
- That none of the Directors of the Company has been convicted of Procurement Fraud in any Country:
- Company's Audited Account for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020, 2021) duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS); Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria; indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Award, Valuation Certificate, Job completion Certificate and photographs of the projects;
- For Supply of Equipment: Letter of Authorisation as representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, The Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (Preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the Page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the form.
11:00a.m. Wednesday, 1st June, 2022.
Application Closing Date
12:00 noon Tuesday, 10th May, 2022.
Opening of Pre-Qualification Documents and Technical Bids
The Pre-qualification documents and the Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday 10th May, 2022 and 11.00 a.m. Wednesday 1st June, 2022 while the financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register, as the Complex will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents (Category A)
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD Lot G1-Lot G15) (from the Procurement Unit Office Sheda Science and Technology Complex on evidence of payment of a non-re-undable tender fee of the sum of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) per Lot into the Central Bank of Nigeria Account Name: Revenue e-Collection Sheda Science and Technology Complex Project Account Number: 0020205961012 code: 1000111833.
Submission of Tender Documents (Category A)
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the technical and financial bids with softcopy of financial bid only in MS Excel format, packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as “Technical Bid” or “Financial Bid” Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope clearly marked with “the name of the project and Lot number” written on the top right corner of the envelope and addressed to the;
Sheda Science and Technology Complex, (SHETCO),
F.C.T - Abuja.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box located at Admin Conference Room, Sheda Science and Technology Complex KM 10 from Gwagwalada on Abuja-Lokoja Road Sheda FCT, not later than the specified closing date.
Submission of Documents (Category B - Works Prequalification for Tender Lot W1-Lot W8)
Prospective bidders shall submit Pre-qualification documents only for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each in an envelope and addressed as stated above on or before the specified closing date.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than Two (2) Lots, violation shall lead to automatic disqualification
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording (invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency;
- Bid Documents can also be collected in soft copies and bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened
- The Sheda Science and Technology Complex is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
For further enquiries, please contact the “Procurement Office” on e-mail: email@example.com
and GSM No: 08033321786.