The Solid Minerals Development Fund (SMDF) invites credible and interested construction firm(s) to indicate interest by tendering pre-qualification documents for the following works:
The Solid Minerals Development Fund ("SMDF" or the "Fund") is a Government-owned Fund established to drive investments in Nigeria's mining sector. The Fund was established in 2007 by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the 2007 Minerals and Mining Act, SMDF is a unique government funding vehicle focused on driving critical interventions that maximize the recovery and impact of capital deployed. One of the main objectives of the Solid Minerals Development Fund is to provide infrastructure in mines land.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification for the Engagement of a Construction Firm to Execute Infrastructure projects for an Agro-Minerals Processing Plant
The Federal Government of Nigeria has approved a strategic investment by the Solid Minerals Development Fund in the mining and development of Agro-Minerals for fertilizer production. The proposed infrastructure projects wil support the production of a critical fertilizer blending inputs material.
Scope of Work
The infrastructure projects consist of factory buildings, access roads and electrical power distribution facilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience
- LOT 1: Admin Blocks, Factory Buildings, Warehouses and Ancillary Facilities
- LOT 2: Internal Roads
- LOT 3: Power Supply and Distribution Facilities
The SMDF will enter into a single contract to deliver the works specified in the designs, specifications, and Bill of Quantities (BOQ). The Firm must be a single legal entity with all necessary expertise secured via subcontract or joint venture arrangement. The skills and experience required of the Firm should indude, among other things, knowledge concerning:
- Complex Civil structures, road construction and power projects
- The Assignment Service shall be procured in accordance with the Bureau of Public Procurement Standard Beding Document for the Procurement of Works
All respondents to this invitation for Pre-qualification are required to provide the following documents information in line with Section 16/6) of the Public Procurement Act 2007 as a basis for pre-qualification:
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7
- Evidence of Firm's Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3)years valid 31 December 2002
- Evidence of Pension Clarence Certificate valid till 31 December 2022 (applicable where a number of staff is at least 15).
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31 December 2022 (applicable where number of staff is at least 5 or at least 50m turnover:
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) Expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Solid Minerals Development Fund or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any financial interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years - 2019 2020 2021 duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating a willingness to provide credit facility for the correction of the project when needed
- Evidence of the Company's current practice issued by the relevant regulatory professional regulatory body COREN, CSRN ARCON,CORBON
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic Professional qualifications such as COREN, OSRBN, ARCON, CORBON
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years, including letters of Awards Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects
- Verifiable list of major construction equipment and facilities, including locations and remarks on owned, leased or hired with proof of Ownership Lease For Joint Venture Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each partner
- Certificate of incorporation and Tax applicable to foreign firms
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering Forwarding letter under the Company Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing, amongst others, the Registration Number(RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address Telephone Number preferably GSM No.) and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear he Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page. duly signed by the authorized officer of the Firm.
12.00pm (Nigerian Time) Wednesday, 11th May, 2022.
Opening of Pre-Qualification Documents
The pre-qualification documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12.00pm (Nigerian Time) on Wednesday, 11 May, 2022, at the above stated address.
Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents
The Prequalification Documents, which must be prepared in English Language, and should be submitted in Seven (7) copies (one of which must be marked original copy) in a sealed envelope clearly marked "Invitation for Pre-Qualification for the Engagement of a Construction Firm to Execute Infrastructure Projects for an Agro-Minerals Processing Plant".
Firms can submit Pre-Qualification documents for more than one lot but each submission must be submitted independently, The Prequalification Documents should be addressed and delivered no later than the specified closing date to the following address:
The Chief Procurement Officer,
Solid Minerals Development Fund,
16 Yedseram Street,
Maitama - (FCT) Abuja.
Please note the following additional information:
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned unopened
- All costs will be borne by the bidders
- Presence of bidders representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency
- Bidders can submit through Post Courier Services:
- Only shortlisted firms will be contacted at a later date for collection of Tender documents
- The SMDF is not bound to pre-qualified any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.