The Solid Minerals Development Fund (SMDF) invites interested and reputable consulting firm(s) to tender EOI documents for the following works:
The Sold Minerals Development Fund ("SMDF or the Fund") is a Government owned Fund established to drive investments in Nigeria's mining sector. The Fund was established in 2007 by the Federal Government of Nigeria through the 2007 Minerals and Mining Act. SMDF is a unique government funding vehicle focused on driving critical interventions that maximize the recovery and impact of capital deployed. The mandates of the Fund include the development of physical and human capacity in the Nigerian mining Sector funding for geoscientific data gathering, storage and retrieval to meet the needs of the private scored mining industry, equipping the mining institutions to enable them to perform their statutory functions, funding for the extension services to small scale and artisanal mining Operators and provision of mining-related infrastructure in mines land.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Engagement of Consulting Firm to Provide Construction Supervision Services for the Provision of Water Retaining Infrastructure in Mines Land
Mining is one of Nigeria's most promising growth sectors. Nigeria has 44 known types of minerals of varying mines and proven quantities. The Federal Government of Nigeria has approved the development of salt deposits in Ebonyi State and the Nigeria brine belt situated in the Benue Trough.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- The Consultant will execute all construction supervision services related to the delivery of water retaining infrastructure in mine land.
The Consultant must be a single legal entity with all other necessary expertise secured via sub contractor joint venture arrangement. The SMDF wil enter into a single contract to deliver the works set out in these Terms of Reference Reports written in English and Consultants will be expected to have a strong command of written English. The skills and experience required of the Consultant should include, among other things, knowledge concerning:
- Construction Supervision Consultancy and Delivery of infrastructure
- Experience in Water Retaining Structures
- The Assignment Service shall be procured in accordance with the Bureau of Public Procurement Selection of Consulting Firms Complex Lumo Sum
All respondents to this Expression of Interest are required to provide the following documents/information in line with Section 16/6) of the Public Procurement, 2007 as a basis for pre-qualification:
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CACTO Business Name where applicable
- Evidence of Firm's Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificates of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3)years valid till 31 December 2022
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December 2001 (applicable where number of staff is at least 15)
- Evidence of industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate vald 31 December 2022 (applicable where number of staff is at least 5 or at least 50m turnover
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December 2022
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors. Consultants and Service Providers by submission of interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP:
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Solid Minerals Development Fund or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director shareholder or has any financial interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years.2019 2020 2021 duly acknowledged by the Federal and Revenge Service (FIRS)
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating a willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed
- Evidence of the Company's current practice issued by the relevant regulatory professional regulatory body(ies) such as COREN
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vte of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academia Professional qualifications such as COREN
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last fve (5) years, including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- For Joint Venture Partnership Memorandum of Understanding MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each partner Certificate of incorporation and Tax applicable to foreign firms
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering Forwarding letter under the Company's Letter Head Paper bearing, amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number preferably GSM NO and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duy signed by the authorised officer of the form
12:00noon (Nigerian Time) Wednesday, 11th May, 2022.
Opening of Documents
The pre-qualification documents will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00pm (Nigerian Time) on Wednesday, 11" May, 2022, at the above stated address
Submission of EOI Documents
EOI/Pre-qualification Documents, which must be prepared in English Language and should be submitted in Seven (7) copies (one of which must be marked original copy) in a sealed envelope clearly marked "Request for Expression of Interest for the Engagement of a Consulting Firm to Provide Construction Supervision Services for the Provision of Water Retaining Infrastructure in Mines Lands"
EOIs should be addressed and delivered not later than the specified closing date to the following address:
The Chief Procurement Officer,
Solid Minerals Development Fund,
16 Yedseram Street,
Maitama - (FCT) Abuja.
Please note the following additional information:
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder,
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned unopened
- All costs will be borne by the bidders
- Presence of bidders representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency
- Only shortlisted firms will be contacted at a later date for collection of Tender documents
- The SMDF is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.