The National Judicial Institute (NJI) invites reputable firms with proven records to submit Expression of Interest / Tender Documents for the following works:
The National Judicial Institute (NJI) was established by Decree No. 28 of 1991 as amended by Decree No.15 of 1999, now Act N55 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria; 2004. It is managed by a Board of Governors, which is composed of the Chief Justice of Nigeria as Chairman, Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice,the most Senior, Justice of the Supreme Court, President of the Court of Appeal, Chief Judge of the Federal High Court, Chief Judges of all the 36 States and the Federal Capital Territory, two Grand Kadis of Sharia Courts of Appeal and two Presidents of Customary Courts of Appeal, respectively, among other members.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Expression of Interest (EOI) / Invitation to Tender
The National Judicial Institute is the Training Organ of the Federal Judiciary and in compliance with the Public Procurement ACT (PPA) 2007, invites reputable firms with proven records to submit Expression of Interest Documents for the under listed projects appropriated in its 2022 Capital Budget.
Scope of Service
Category: Consultancy Services:
||Consultancy for the Rehabilitation of NJI Hostel Blocks
||Consultancy for the Renovation of NJI Chapel
||Consultancy for the Renovation of NJI Mosque
||Consultancy for the Renovation of NJI Shopping Centre
||Consultancy for the Renovation of NJI Club House
||Consultancy for the Construction of Dual Access Road Networks and New NJI Entrance Gate
||Consultancy for the Procurement and Installation of Solar System for the Administrative Building
Prospective firms shall submit the following documents and without any of the under listed Requirements, the company will automatically be disqualified:
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Forms CAC2 and CAC7 (or CAC 1.1). Business Name is also acceptable for Services;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificates of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December, 2022; with a minimum average annual turnover of N20m
- Evidence of current Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of Staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidders annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the National Judicial Institute or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars:
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years -2019, 2020, 2021 duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
- Bank Reference Letter addressed to the Hon. Administrator, National Judicial Institute, Abuja from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional Qualifications such as COREN/QSRBN/ARCON/CORBON/ SURCON etc.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Evidence of Firm's current registration with relevant regulatory professional body/bodies such as COREN/QSRBN/ARCON/CORBON/SURCON etc.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITE Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV Partner)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
12:00 Noon, 9th May, 2022.
Opening of EOI Documents
The Eol will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00noon on 9th May, 2022 at the National Judicial Institute's Studies Seminar Block.
Submission of EOI Documents
Interested bidders are to submit two (2) bound copies of Expression of Interest (EOI) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the Project Name & Lot Number and addressed to:
The Institute Secretary,
National Judicial Institute,
Mohammed Bello Centre,
Adjacent Jabi Junction Fly Over,
Umaru Musa Yar'Adua Express Way,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box not later than 12:00noon on 9th May, 2022.
- Expression of Interest Documents must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder
- Late submissions will be returned un-opened.
- Documents not properly bound will be disqualified;
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots.
- All cost will be borne by the bidders.
- EOI should be very clear about the bidder's areas and proven competence and interest.
- If any information provided is found to be false at any stage of the exercise, it will lead to outright disqualification of the Firm/Company
- Presence of bidders/representatives and members of the public shall not be required during the bid opening ceremony in compliance with COVID-19 Guidelines. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording invitation link will be sent to bidders to join the bid opening online) with the physical presence of two (2) representatives of private sector professional bodies and Civil Society Organisation in the areas of Anti-Corruption/Transparency:
- Bidders can submit through Post (Courier Services);
- Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- This advertisement for Expression of Interest shall not be construed to be a commitment on the part of the National Judicial Institute, Abuja nor shall it entitle the submitting firm/company to make any claims whatsoever or seek any indemnity from the National Judicial Institute by virtue of such firm/company having responded to this advert.
- The National Judicial Institute is not bound to shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.