Mercy Corps Nigeria invites interested and eligible service provider(s) / vendors to express interest by submitting tender documents for the supply of the following work:
Mercy Corps is an international relief and development organization working in over 43 countries worldwide helping people build secure, productive, and just communities. Mercy Corps in Nigeria implements a variety of programs with the ultimate goal of building productive, secure and just communities. Since 2012 Mercy Corps have been developing a strong and productive relationship that seeks to “power sustainable social and business progress through cross-sector collaboration and improve the lives of people and their communities in our shared geographies, in recognition of the nearly two billion people now living in countries where our partnership goals are threatened by fragility, conflict and violence.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Supply of Start Up Kits for Participants of Vocational Training Under BRICC Project
Mercy Corps is pleased to invite qualified suppliers to submit bids for the Supply of Startup kits for trained Youths across 11 communities of Damaturu and Potiskum LGAs namely, Damakasu, Gwange, Murfa, Nayinawa, Pompomari and Kallalawa-Gabai as well as Barebare Bauya, Dogo Tebo, Hausawa Asibiti, Mamudo and Yerimaram. Yobe state. Nigeria. The successful suppliers will sign a Purchase Contract with Mercy Corps for a period of three (3) weeks delivery time. Items price will be fixed for the period of this contract and delivery locations be within Yobe State.
The suppliers will be engaged using an approved Purchase Contract which will contain information about the item’s specifications, Delivery time and location, payment term, and penalty clause should any of the party failed in its obligations as agreed under the contract.
It is Mercy Corps decision to hold competitive bid for selection of vendors/suppliers who will be engaged to carry out the supply of the required items. Mercy Corps believe that competitive bids are the only way to fairly select the best company for the job while ensuring good prices and preventing collaboration and corruption. Vendor/Supplier will be engaged using a Purchase Contract which will spell out the obligation of both parties and well as other terms and condition which will be attached as annexes.
Specific Eligibility Criteria
- Phone Repairs
- Shoe Making
- Groundnut Oil Processing
- Furniture Making
- Cap Making
- Bicycle Repairs And Maintenance
- Bag Making
- Automobile Welding And Panel Beating
- Welding And Metal
- Tricycle Repair
In keeping with Mercy Corps’ guiding principle for procurement, Mercy Corps Nigeria Uses only responsible service providers that possess the ability to perform successfully under the terms and conditions of a proposed procurement. In addition to the ability to perform, Mercy Corps also consider minimum standards of responsibility to determine which Service provider(s) Mercy Corps will do business with. These standards include:
- Being eligible business under applicable laws and regulations of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
- Being in good standing with any taxation or legal authority in Nigeria
- Having a satisfactory record of performance and business and ethics based on information available to Mercy Corps
Below are set of supplier’s eligibility criteria that form part of the above mentioned standards
- The business must be registered and incorporated under the laws of Nigeria with corporate Affairs Commission (CAC)
- The business must be registered with CAC and FIRS and has a Tax Identification Number (TIN) and EFCC certificate
- The business must have a valid address
- The business is not bankrupt or in the process of going bankrupt
- The business/owners have not been convicted of an offence concerning professional conduct
- The business/owners have not been guilty of grave professional misconduct (proven by any means that the contracting authorities can justify).
- The business has fulfilled obligations related to payment of social security and taxes
- The business is not guilty of serious misinterpretation in supplying information
- The business is not in situation of conflict of interest (with prior relationship to project or family or business relationship to parties on commission)
- The business does not employ personnel below the legal working age.
- The business provides basic social right and fair working conditions to the employees.
The business/Owners are not on any list of sanctioned parties issued by the United States Government and/or United Nations and European Union.
Application Closing Date
5:30pm, 27th April, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Proposals shall be submitted in a sealed envelope labelled as "NIG/DTR/TEN0012_Supply of Start Up Kits for Participants of Vocational Training Under BRICC Project in Yobe State" to:
Plot 109 – 112,
Barewa Street, GRA,
Damaturu - Yobe State.
(MS WORD) for a detailed and complete tender document.