Plateau State Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP) invites eligible consulting firms to indicate interest by submitting EOI documents for the following works:
Plateau State Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP) is requesting for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (REOI) for Consultancy Services for Design and Supervision Consultancy Services for Spot Improvement and Cross Drainage Structures (Bridges / Culverts) in Plateau State
CS-CQS Credit No.: 6519-NG
The Federal Republic of Nigeria, through the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, has received financing from the World Bank and the L'Agence Française de Développement (French Development Agency or AFD) and on-lent the financing to thirteen participating States (namely Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bauchi, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Ondo, Ogun, Oyo, Plateau and Sokoto) towards the cost of Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP). It is intended that part of the proceeds of the financing will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Consulting Services.
The Consulting Services ("the Services") includes;
- Carrying out engineering surveys, preparing designs, specifications, bill of engineering measurement and evaluation (BEME) and preparation of procurement documents for Spot Improvement, and Cross-drainage structures (culverts/bridges) works which covers roughly 500 to 600 km access roads. The activities on the roughly 450 to 6000 km roads will involve smaller/medium-sized civil engineering works entailing rehabilitation of failed portions, as well as provision of lateritic base, side drains, and cross drains following GON/IDA's guidelines which incorporates Environment, Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) measures;
- Supervising and assisting SPIU/ILO in the supervision of construction works to ensure that these are executed in accordance with the General and Particular conditions of Contract, the Technical Specification, Engineering Drawings,
- Providing necessary support and advice to SPIU in optimizing the use of available material resources to minimize costs, achieving desirable work quality and expediting construction activities;
- Assisting SPIU in ensuring that works/contracts are constructed/completed within the agreed price and allocated time under the contract or any subsequent agreed amendments.
- The Services are expected to extend over a period of 18 months, involving approximately 12 key persons as required in the TOR;
- The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for this assignment will be made available on request at the address given below.
The Plateau State Rural Access and Agricultural Marketing Project (RAAMP) now invite eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
Application Closing Date
- Satisfactory experience of the firm in Project Preparation Activities such as (i) Social and Environmental Safeguards (ii) Preparation of detailed Engineering Design and Technical Specifications (iii) Procurement Support (iv) project management support, Construction Supervision of Physical Works and monitoring:
- Demonstration of effective organizational/managerial structure and availability of suitably experienced and qualified key personnel relevant to the assignment.
- All interested firms are to submit the following documents:
- Evidence of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
- Evidence of Company's current tax clearance certificate for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021);
- Company audited account for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 and 2021) duly stamped;
- Well detailed company profile with managerial and technical structure, office address and functional contact details
- For Joint ventures, Memorandum of Understanding must be attached.
- Verifiable records establishing evidence of experience in design and supervision consultancy services for spot improvement and cross drainage structures of up to 10 references or more similar assignments;
- Evidence of similar experience supported under multilateral donor Agency like The World Bank, AFD, AfDB, etc in the previous 10 years
- Evidence of Firm's/Consortium regional work experience in similar field within Nigeria and or Sub Saharan Africa.
16th May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail to:
The State Project Coordinator,
Plateau State Project Implementation Unit (SPIU),
Rural Access and Agriculture Marketing Project (RAAMP),
PADP Head Quaters,
P.M.B 2119 Dogon Dutse,
Jos - Plateau State.
- Late Submissions will NOT be accepted.
- The Client is not bound to short-list any Consultant.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank's "Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers" November 2020 ("Fourth edition Procurement Regulations"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
- Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications, but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultant Qualification Selection (COS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
- Further information can be obtained at the address above during office hours 0900 to 1700 hours.