Port Harcourt Water Corporation (PHWC) invites interested and eligible consultants to indicate their interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
Port Harcourt Water Corporation (PHWC) is the water utility responsible for the provision of urban water supply and wastewater management services in Port-Harcourt and Obio/Akpor LGA’s of Rivers State, Nigeria. We are a corporatized organisation with full autonomy to undertake the responsibility of handling Government owned water supply and wastewater management assets in Port-Harcourt and Obio/Akpor.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) - Technical Assistant for Environmental Safeguard
Loan No: 2000130011585
IFB No: PHWSSP/AfDB/P-NG-E00-007/C/IC/2022/
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Urban Water Sector Reform and Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this loan to payments under the contract for Technical Assistant for Environmental Safeguard.
The consultant will provide technical operational support to PHWC and will:
- Establish, support and s rvise the implementation of environmental and social safeguard processes, based on, but not limited to the findings of the Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF); Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIAs); Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMPS); Abbreviated Resettlement Action Plans (ARAPs) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAPs) Studies
- Liaise with the Environmental Assessment (EA) Department of the Federal Ministry of Environment (FMEnv) and other federal and state government agencies and officials and other relevant parties on environment management issues; and prepare internal environmental and social guidelines for the preparation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of environmental documents required by various safeguards instruments;
The Environmentalist should demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- A Master's Degree or its equivalent in Environmental Sciences, Environmental Economics, Development Economics or Social Sciences.
- At least 5 years professional experience as Environmental Specialist in similar projects.
- At least 2 years' experience as safeguards specialist, with technical knowledge in both environmental and social safeguards processes and understanding of the cost implications of safeguards compliance.
- Knowledge of environmental and cultural issues affecting the implementation of urban development projects in Nigeria.
- Experience of AfDB or WB policies and requirements on the subject is an advantage.
The Port Harcourt Water Corporation now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (Curriculum Vitae (CVs), description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.). The Assignment shall be executed in 12 months.
Eligibility criteria will follow the individual selection method in accordance with the African Development Bank' "Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants" May 2008 Revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank' website at http://www.afdb.org
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday,
Application Closing Date
11:00am, 17th May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Expressions of Interest must be clearly marked "Assistant Environmental Safeguard Specialist" and delivered to:
Managing Director / CEO,
Port-Harcourt Water Corporation,
6 Water Works Road, Rumuola,
Port Harcourt - Rivers State.