Port Harcourt Water Corporation (PHWC) invites interested and eligible consultants to indicate their interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
Port Harcourt Water Corporation (PHWC) is the water utility responsible for the provision of urban water supply and wastewater management services in Port-Harcourt and Obio/Akpor LGA’s of Rivers State, Nigeria. We are a corporatized organisation with full autonomy to undertake the responsibility of handling Government owned water supply and wastewater management assets in Port-Harcourt and Obio/Akpor.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) - Technical Assistant Hygiene and Sanitation Specialist
Loan No: 2000130011585
IFB NO: PHWSSP/AIDB/P-NG-E00-007/C/TC/2021/04
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Urban Water Sector Reform and Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this loan to payments under a contract for a Hygiene and Sanitation Specialist.
The assignment which involves:
- Coordinating and managing the implementation of sanitation demand creation and sanitation marketing:
- Social marketing approaches for hand-washing with soap (HWWS). environmental hygiene/solid wastes handling and community-led strategies.
The hygiene and sanitation specialist should demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- A Master's Degree in Public Health, Environmental Health Sciences, Health Education, Community Health or related social sciences.
- At least 8 years recent professional experience in hygiene and sanitation promotion. Post graduate training in participatory approaches and in management of projects shall be an added advantage.
- Proven experience of implementing donor-funded Projects. Experience with AfDB or WB is an advantage
- Sanitation or public health expertise and skills including strong design and implementation skills in off site on site and de-centralized sanitation technology options.
The Port Harcourt Water Corporation now invites eligible service providers to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested service providers must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (Detailed Curriculum Vitae CVs), description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions etc.). The Assignment shall be executed in 12 months
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank's "Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants" May 2008 Revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank's website at http://www.afdb.org
Interested service providers may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Application Closing Date
11:00am, 17th May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Expressions of Interest must be clearly marked "Technical Assistant Hygiene and Sanitation Specialist" and delivered to the:
Managing Director / CEO,
Port Harcourt Water Corporation,
6 Water Works Road, Rumuola,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State.