Port Harcourt Water Corporation (PHWC) invites interested and eligible consultants to indicate their interest by tendering EOI documents for the following works:
Port Harcourt Water Corporation (PHWC) is the water utility responsible for the provision of urban water supply and wastewater management services in Port-Harcourt and Obio/Akpor LGA’s of Rivers State, Nigeria. We are a corporatized organisation with full autonomy to undertake the responsibility of handling Government owned water supply and wastewater management assets in Port-Harcourt and Obio/Akpor.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Request for Expression of Interest (EOI) - Technical Assistant Utility Management/Institutional Development Expert
Loan No: 2000130011585
IFB NO: PHWSSP/AIDB/P-NG-E00-007/C/IC/2021/003
The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Urban Water Sector Reform and Port Harcourt Water Supply and Sanitation Project and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this loan to payments under the contract for Utility Management / Institutional Development Expert
The assignment which involves:
- Planning project activities related to the institutional and capacity building components of the project
- Ensuring the timely implementation of the institutional and capacity building components of the project including TA support to PHWC, the training of PHWC and sector ministries and agencies to ensure they play their role in overseeing service provision, the capacity building of women and youth entrepreneurs in the management of water and sanitation facilities, training for water vendors; setting up and maintenance of all relevant management systems and tools, and short training courses and study tours for staff
The Institutional Development Utility Expert should demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- A Master's Degree in engineering, human resource or business management.
- At least 8 years recent experience in management related activities for urban water services.
- Previous senior managerial experience working with and/or advising urban water utilities on institutional development aspects in developing countries
- Experience in projects involving multiple and diverse stakeholders including Government private sector, civil society and end users
- Experience in institutional and organizational considerations and reforms in general, and in Nigeria in particular.
- Computer literacy with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet.
The Port Harcourt Water Corporation now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, CVs,description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, etc.). The Assignment shall be executed in 12 months.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank's "Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants "May 2008 Revised July 2012, which is available on the Bank's website at http://www.afdb.org
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
Application Closing Date
11:00am, 18th May, 2022.
Submission of Documents
Documents must be clearly marked "Technical Assistant Utility Management/ Institutional Development Expert" and delivered to the:
Port Harcourt Water Corporation,
6 Water Works Road, Rumuola,
Port Harcourt - Rivers State.