The Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited (NPDC) invites reputable and competent companies to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
The Nigerian Petroleum Development Company (NPDC) Limited is a fully-owned subsidiary of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) established in 1988. The company is engaged in Oil & Gas Exploration and Production activities in the hydrocarbon-rich Niger Delta regions.
Apart from technical and operational management of the parent corporation’s equity interests in numerous joint-venture partnerships under Nigeria’s marginal fields programme, NPDC is also an independent operator of its own assigned oil blocks both onshore and offshore.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender - Design, Procurement, Installation & Commissioning of Fire Hydrant, Alarm & Water Sprinkler System in Port Harcourt Field Offices and Warehouses in Former EPCL Yard
The Nigerian Petroleum Development Company Limited (NPDC) has a requirement for the Design, Procurement, Installation & Commissioning of Fire Hydrant, Alarm & Water Sprinkler System in Port Harcourt Field Offices and Warehouses in Former EPCL Yard. NPDC therefore invites reputable and competent companies for the provision of the under-listed services for her Production operations.
Services Required / Scope of Work
The Proposed Scope(s) covers as listed but not limited to the work listed Below:
- Design, Procurement, Installation & Commissioning of Fire Hydrant, Alarm & Water Sprinkler System in Port Harcourt Field Offices and Warehouses in Former EPCL Yard.
Product Code Number:
Scepe of Work include but not limited to the understated):
- Conduct Neld visits and collect design and operating data as appropriate
- Mobilization of personnel and equipment to site
- Procurement of a brand new 5.0hp Grundfos Submersible water purp complete with control panel
- Procurement of brand new 4 core Nigerchen, Gmm armored cable with termination and connection accessories
- Procurement of 4"Nominal Diameter SCH 40 CS line pipes for water supply line
- Procurement of 4'Nominal Diameter SCH 40 CS Ine pipes for ring main
- Procurement of double headed hydrants complete with valves.
- Procurement of SFFECO 350GPM, Thar fire water pump skud package (Diesel, Electric and Jockey pumps)
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC) services
- Reactivation of the existing industrial borehole. Le flushing, water analysis, Installation of the new pump and control panel
- Construction/installation of 400M (34 Joints), 4in Sch 40 water delivery Ine from the borehole to the PHFO facility (trenching, welding, installation, backfill etc).
- Provision for electrical and instrumentation installation works for connection/termination of borehole, cabling/wiring of fire alarm control panels etc.
- Provision for the construction of 12 x 12t fire water pump shelter /housing at Eleme.
- Construction/installation of 750m (63 Joints), 4" fre water ring main (trenching, welding, backfill etc inclusive)
- Provision for NDT, Radiography on welded joints.
- Construction of 1,500bbls (237,000L) raw water storage tank (material cost, surface preparation on coating painting inclusive)
- Surface preparation and coating (2 parts epoxy paints) of all the line pipes and weld joints.
- Replacement and upgrade of existing fire alarm system to cover the warehouse and office portacabins,
- Replacement of faulty obsolete equipment and provision of smoke detection equipment and sprinklers system for the warehouse and offices
- Provision of freight and logistics
- Provision of CASHES
- Owners Project Management Team (OPMT) expenses covering logistics, communication, progress meetings, project monitoring and supervision.
- Training of Six (6) persons on the operation of maintenance of the Fire Alarm and Sprinkler System
- Provision of One (1) year maintenance spaces for the pump and alarm system.
- Provision for SOP and test procedure for the newly installed system and submission of three (3) hard copies and 2 e-copies in a flash drive of operation/maintenance documentation, detailed a built drawings, project close out report etc
The Strategy is to adopt selective tendering of most competent Nipex Vendor for the service. Following this advertisement, companies will be evaluated and ranked based on their performance. Contract shall be awarded to the lowest evaluated responsive bidder, NPDC shall retain the selected company to provide the required service during the contract duration.
Nigerian Content Development
- To be eligible for this tender exercise, interested Companies are required to be pre-qualified in the Product/Services categories 4.05.02 Indicated in NipeX Joint Qualification System (NJOS) Successfully pre-qualified suppliers in these categories will receive Invitation to Technical Tender (ITT). All successfully pre-qualified suppliers in the category will receive Invitation to Tender (ITT) document for the Technical phase of the tender.
- To determine if you are pre-qualified and view the Products/Services category you are listed for: Open http://vendors.nipex-ng.com and access NJQS with your log in details. Click on Products/Services Status tab to view your status and product codes.
- If you are not listed in a Product/Service category and you are registered with DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 8. Bayo kuku Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your DPR certificate as evidence for verification and necessary update.
- To initiate the JQS pre-qualification process, access www.nipex-ng.com, click on services tab followed by NJQS registration.
- To be eligible, all tenderers' must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in the NipeX system.
As requested by the Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010, each Contractor will be required to:
- Demonstrate that the entity proposed for execution of the service is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria.
- International or multinational companies working through a Nigerian subsidiary must demonstrate that a minimum of 50% of equipment to be deployed for execution of the work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing a list of equipment for this tender and including those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Furnish details of company ownership and shareholding structure with photocopies of Forms CAC2 and CAC7.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Plan with detailed description of the role, work scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all the Nigerian companies and personnel that will be involved in executing the work also provide details of Nigeria Content focal point or manager
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well equipped offices and workshop.
- Provide detailed plan for staff training and development.
- Provide detailed description of the location of in-country offices.
Interested Companies are to note that pursuant to NPDC (NNPC) and Federal Government Policy to provide opportunities for Nigenan contractors and the development of local expertise, all the applicants must comply fully with the NOGICD Act to give preference to Nigerian companies or foreign companies with Nigerian affiliate and local ownership, which demonstrate willingness to execute the project to the satisfaction of the Nigerian Content requirements and guidelines. Each applicant is enjoined to avail themselves of the requirements of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development (NOGICO) Act for full compliance.
Nigerian Petroleum Development Company on behalf of the Joint Venture partners is committed to fully comply with the requirements of the NOGICD Act. In maximizing the local content of the project pre-qualifiers are requested to give full details of their strategy for the local content implementation in order to comply fully with the law. In compliance with NOGICD Act requirements for Research & Development therefore, the following should be noted:
Application Closing Date
- All Operators or project promoters in the Oil and Gas industry launching service contracts or other applicable projects with completion period of 12 months and above shall provide R&D implementation arrangement with at least one applicable R&D cluster approved by the Board as part of the Operator's Nigerian Content Plan for the project or service. The arrangement shall be in the form of a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) and indicate how the Operator will deploy the Cluster for any R&D requirements during the contract phase and the first five years of the service life of the field, facility or plant
- All Operators are to include in their ITT documents, a requirement that any service company bidding for such a project shall submit as part of Nigerian Content requirement, a signed MOA between it and one of the R&D Clusters relevant to the project. All service companies are required to sign an MOA with any of the research Clusters. The MOA shall indicate how the service company intends to use the relevant research Clusters during project execution to the satisfaction of the Board. The MOA shall form part of the documents to be reviewed at technical evaluation stage.
Only Tenderers who are registered with NJOS Product/Category 4.05.02 Design, Procurement, Installation & Commissioning of Fire Hydrant, Alarm & Water Sprinkler System in Port Harcourt Field Offices and Warehouses in Former EPCL Yard as at 15:00 hours on Thursday, May 17, 2022, being the advert closing date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS pre-qualification and responding to this Tender Opportunity shall be to the Contractor’s own account.
- This Advert shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of OPERATOR to award any contract to any Contractor and or associated contractors, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle Pre-qualified Contractors to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from OPERATOR and/or any of its partners by virtue of such Contractors having been pre-qualified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be undertaken in accordance with the NNPC contracting process in compliance with Public Procurement Act 2007
- NPDC will communicate only with authorised officers of the qualifying Companies at each stage of the Tender process, as necessary, and will NOT communicate through individuals or appointed Agents.
- Please note:
- Notwithstanding the pre-qualification in NipeX NJQS, NPDC is neither committed nor obliged to include your company on any bid list or to award any form of contract to your company and/or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents.
- Only pie-qualified companies in the appropriate service/suppller categorization shall be invited for tendering.
- NPDC will not enter into correspondence with any company or individual on why a company was short-listed or not short-listed. Please visit NipeX portal at www.nipex-ng.com for this advert and other information.
This advertisement of “Tender Opportunity” shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of NPDC/NNPC, nor shall it entitle companies to make claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NPDC/NNPC and!or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having responded to this advertisement.