The Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) invites interested and qualified contractors / service providers to submit tender documents for the following works:
The Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) is a National Institute with research mandate on Cocoa, Kola, Coffee, Cashew and Tea. the Institute has six (6) substations located in the six geopolitical zones of Nigeria where these crops are cultivated in abundance. Over the years, the Institute has recorded major breakthroughs in research work that enhanced the production and utilization of products and by-products of the mandate crops. Some of the research breakthroughs are available on this website.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for Year 2022 Capital Projects
Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) located at KM 14, Ibadan/ljebu-Ode Road, Idi-Ayunre, Ibadan is one of the Parastatals of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
In compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act 2007, Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria wishes to bring to the attention of the public for her intention to carry out the following procurement activities in the Institute as provided for in the 2022 Approved Capital Budget Appropriation.
In pursuance of implementation of year 2022 capital budget, invitations for pre-qualification are hereby opened to interested qualified applicants for execution of the institute's capital projects proposed for execution in year 2022.
Scope of Services / Goods / Works
The Services/Goods/Works comprises Constituency projects and Engineering works as further described below:
Category A - Consultancy:
- LOT 1 Training and empowerment of youths in Zaria Federal constituency, Kaduna state on agricultural value chain and commodity trading.
- LOT 2 Strategic empowerment for women and youths in Odo Otin/felodun/Boripe Federal constituency in Osun State.
- LOT 3 Provision and empowerment of grants for youths in Idanre/lfedore Federal Constituency, Ondo State.
- LOT 4 Provision and empowerment of grant for empowerment of selected skilled Youths in Tangaza/Gudu in Sokoto State.
- LOT 5 Provision of agricultural inputs, empowerment of Youth, Widows and Orphans in Wurno/Rabah Sokoto State.
- LOT 6 Security Summit for Traditional/Religious Leaders and Security Agencies in lleoluji/Okeigbo/Odigbo in Ondo State.
- LOT 7 Provision of grants and empowerment to youths and women in Lagos Central Senatorial District, Lagos State.
- LOT 8 Provision and empowerment for youth and women in Tangaza/Gudu Federal Constituency, Sokoto State.
- LOT 9 Provision of grants for empowerment of selected skilled youths and market women in Badagry Federal Constituency, Lagos State.
- LOT 10 Provision of grants for empowerment of selected skilled youths and Market women in Agege Federal Constituency, Lagos State.
- LOT 11 Entrepreneurship training and empowerment for youths and Women in Oshodi/Isolo Il Federal Constituency, Lagos State.
- LOT 12 Provision and empowerment of grants for youths in Owo/Ose Federal Constituency, Ondo State.
- LOT 13 Provision and empowerment of grants for Artisans in Owo/Ose Federal Constituency, Ondo State.
- LOT 14 Provision and empowerment of grants for Youths in Idanre/Ifedore Federal constituency Ondo State.
- LOT 15 Community Support Program in Bodon/Kukum/kaura/ Kpak Federal constituency in Kaduna State
Category B - Goods:
- LOT 16 Supply of Tricycles in Isolo and Ejigbo in Oshodi/Isolo Constituency 2, Lagos State.
- LOT 17 Provision and supply of agriculture inputs in Ado-Odo/Ota Federal Constituency, Ogun State.
- LOT 18 Provision and Installation of Solar Street Light in Iseyin/Itesiwaju/Kajola/lwajowa, Oyo State.
- LOT 19 Provision and Installation of Solar Street Light in Afijio/Atiba/Oyo East And Oyo West.
- LOT 20 Supply and Installation of solar street light in selected locations in Isolo, Ejigbo and Okota of Oshodi/Isolo Federal Constituency 2, Lagos State.
- LOT 21 Provision and Installation of Solar Street Light in Afijio/Atiba/Oyo East and Oyo West.
- LOT 22 Provision of Solar Powered Street Lights in Ede North, Ede South, Egbedore and Ejigbo Osun State.
- LOT 23 Procurement of Agro-Chemicals and Herbicides in Manchok and Kuara communities in Kaura Federal constituency, Kaduna State.
- LOT 24 Provision of all in one Solar street lights in South West Geo-Political Zone.
- LOT 25 Provision and Installation of Solar Street Light in selected areas in Katsina Central Federal constituency, Katsina state.
- LOT 26 Provision of farm inputs to selected farmers in North West Geopolitical Zone.
- LOT 27 Support to Cocoa Farmers with Hybrid Cocoa Seedlings, spray pumps and packaging bags in Osun East Senatorial district, Osun State.
Category C - Works:
- LOT 28 Continuation of Intra-Institute Plots Access Road at CRIN HQTRS Ibadan 9th Phase.
- LOT 29 Continuation of Construction of 1,500-Seater Hall at CRIN HQTRS Ibadan 8th Phase.
- LOT 30 Continuation of Construction of Central Laboratory at CRIN HQTRS Ibadan 8th Phase.
- LOT 31 Rehabilitation of Building at CRIN HQTRS and Six (6) Substations.
- LOT 32 Continuation of Fencing of CRIN HQTRS and Substations.
- LOT 33 Rehabilitation of Primary Health Care Centre in Katsina Central Federal Constituency Katsina State.
- LOT 34 Renovation of Public Schools in Esa-Odo, Imesille, Etan lle, Ilara in Obokun LGA Osun State.
Prospective Bidders should submit the following documents which will be subjected to verification by CRIN:
Application Closing Date (Goods & Services)
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC 1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7. Business Name is also acceptable for Services;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years valid till 31st December 2022;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December 2022
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31st December 2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP.
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years - 2019, 2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS);
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/ Lease;
- Services: Evidence of Firm's current licence/accreditation by relevant regulatory professional body(ies) such as Centre for Management Development for Training, NITDA CPN for ICT, COREN/OSRBN/ARCON/CORBON etc. for Construction Electricity Jobs:
- Evidence of current Licence issued by Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA);
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITE Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner)
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorised officer of the firm.
12:00 Noon Monday, 30th May, 2022.
Application Closing Date (EOI)
12:00 Noon Monday, 16th May, 2022.
Opening of EOI and Technical Bids
The EOI and the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 16th May, 2022 and 12:00 noon Monday, 30th May, 2022 respectively, in the Conference Room, Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria, KM 14, Ibadan/ljebu-Ode Road Idi-Ayunre, Ibadan, Oyo State in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while the Financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of Head of Procurement as the CRIN will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Documents (Goods & Works)
Interested companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Document (SBD) from Procurement Officer, the Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria, KM 14, Ibadan/Ijebu-Ode Road, P.M.B. 5244, Idi-Ayunre, Ibadan, Oyo State on evidence of payment of a non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lot, paid into the Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria's Remita account in any reputable commercial bank in Nigeria. Interested Firms in Services will not pay at this stage until after shortlisting.
Submission of Documents (Goods & Works)
Completed tender documents should be in three (3) copies (Marked "One Original and two Copies") each for Technical and Financial Bids, packaged in two separate wax sealed envelopes clearly marked at the top right corner of each envelope stating the title of the project i.e. Technical Bids for LOT 1 and Financial Bids for LOT 1 and at the reverse side, the name of the company should be boldly written. Both envelopes shall then be put in a large envelope clearly marked at the top right comer stating the title of the project. To be addressed and submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria,
KM 14, Ibadan/ljebu-Ode Road
P.M.B. 5244 Idi-Ayunre,
Ibadan - Oyo State.
Submission of EOI (Services)
Interested Firms in Services are to submit the Expression of Interest (EOI) for each of the Lot desired, in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies). The EOI should be addressed as indicated above and submitted not later than the specified closing date.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder;
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Institute to award any or all the above listed projects.
- Late submission shall be returned un-opened;
- Bidders should not bid for more than one (1) Lot in each category, and not more than (2) in all, violation is automatic disqualification;
- Attendees at the bids opening shall be required to wash hands, use hand sanitizer, wear mask and observe physical distancing.
- The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording and invitation link will be sent to bidders who chooses to join the bid opening online;
- Goods & Works: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- Services: Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- The Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.