The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development invites interested and competent Contractors / Consultants with cognate experience to indicate interest by submitting pre-qualification documents for the following works:
Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development - The Ministry is the outcome of the merger of the defunct Federal Ministry of Youth Development (FMYD) and the National Sports Commission (NSC) by the proclamation of His Excellency, Mr. President on the restructuring of Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) of Government on 11th November, 2016.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification of Bidders for the Procurement of Goods, Works & Services Under 2022 Appropriation
The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development intends to implement some Capital Projects in the Works/Goods/Services Categories in line with the Budgetary Appropriation for the Financial Year 2022 in accordance with provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
It hereby invites submission for Pre-qualification and Expression of Interest from interested and competent Contractors and Consultants with cognate experience wishing to participate in the bidding process in any of the areas listed below.
Scope of the Procurement
The proposed procurements comprise Works, Goods and Services of the Ministry towards implementation of 2022 Budget. The Ministry therefore invites interested and competent firms to submit documents for the following projects:
Category A - Works:
- Construction, Reconstruction, Renovation, Rehabilitation and Maintenance of National Stadia & Water Supply System, Mini Stadium, Skill Acquisition Centres, Sports High-Performance Centre, Town Halls and Sport Viewing Centres/Halls, National Youth Development Centres
- Repairs and Overhauling oft he Power Generating Plant, Resuscitation of Lights at Driveways, Illumination o f Parks, repair of Perimeter Fence, Reconstruction /Repairs of Running Tracks, Swimming Pools, Indoor Sport Halls, Stores and Youth Development Centres
Category B - Goods:
- Procurement of Accounting/Law Books, Medical Equipment/Machines Sporting Equipment/Kits, Equipment for Standard Operation Process (SOP) Drug Testing Sample/ Collection Kits, Modern Diagnostic Laboratory/Therapeutic Equipment and General Office Equipment
Category C - Services:
- Training/Capacity Building, Workshop/Sensitization on various Youth and Sporting Activities, information Management System, Software Development, Upgrading and Management, Establishment of an Electronic Data Management System (EDMS), Upgrade of the Ministry's Knowledge E-Library Centre (KAC), Customized Enterprise Content Management (ECM). Youth and Sports Survey, Youth and Waste to Wealth, Book/Documentation Review
Interested Contractors and Consultants should submit their companies' profile containing the following documents for consideration:
Application Closing Date (Category A & B)
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) with forms CAC1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7. Business Name is also acceptable for Services;
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) Years (2019,2020 2021) valid till 31" December, 2022;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above):
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration in the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report expiring in 31December, 2022; or valid certificate issued by BPP:
- A Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of relevant committees of the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that information presented in its bid are correct in all particulars:
- That personnel and components to be used in the execution of the proposed Works, Goods and Services shall form at least 60% composition to comply with the FGN's policy on Local Content:
- That the company is not in receivership, the subject of any form of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings or the subject of any form of winding up petition or proceeding,
- That the company is not having any director who has been convicted in any country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter
- Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed
- Company's Profile with Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications:
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including or either Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, and Job Completion Certificates plus Photographs of the projects
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership Lease Agreement;
- For Training: Evidence of accreditation issued by Centre for Management Development;
- ICT jobs: Evidence of current Licence/accreditation with Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria and National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Swom Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number(RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letter Head Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
12:00 Noon Monday, 23rd May, 2022.
Application Closing Date (EOI)
12:00 Noon Monday, 16th May, 2022.
Opening of EOI / Technical Bids
The EOls and Technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 16 May, 2022 and 12:00 noon Monday, 23 May, 2022 at the Afolabi Hall, 2 Floor, Block D, in the presence of bidders or their representatives. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of Director (Procurement Department), Room 521, Fifth Floor, Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development, as the Ministry will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
For further enquiries, please contact the Director (Procurement). Only accredited Professional Bodies, NGOs, Civil Society Organizations will be allowed, while interested public are hereby invited to witness the public opening.
Submission of Pre-Qualification Documents (Category A & B)
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies of the technical and with soft copy in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid". addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Youth & Sports Development,
Head of Service Complex,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder as well as Category and drop in the designated Tender Box in the office of the Director, Procurement Department located on Room 521,5 floor, block 'E' not later than the specified closing date.
Submission of EOI Documents
Interested firms are to submit two (2) copies of Expression of Interest (Eol) documents separated by dividers and arranged as indicated above. The documents should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed as indicated above, and clearly marked with (Category C). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box in the office of the Secretary (Tenders Board) located on Room 521,5" floor, block 'E' not later than the specified closing date.
Please Note That
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder,
- EOls/Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened:
- All cost will be bome by the bidders;
- Attendees at the bid openings shall be required to wash hands, use hand sanitizer, wear mask and observe physical distancing. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording and invitation link will be sent to bidders who chooses to join the bid opening online
- Category A&B: Only shortlisted bidders will be invited at a later date for collection of tender documents;
- Category C: Only shortlisted Firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- This invitation for Bids shall not construed as a commitment on the part of the Ministry or its officials, for contract award or shall it entitle a Tenderer to make any claims whatsoever and seek indemnity from the Ministry by virtue of having responded to this advertisement
- The Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserves the right to annul any part or the entire Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007
- The Ministry will verify any or all of the claims made by the applicants and shall disqualify any company whose claims are found to be false in addition to other sanction that may be deemed necessary including prosecution in the law court;
- Bidders who have worked for the Ministry and have history of poor performance, abandonment, termination and prolonged contract execution period need not apply.