The Federal Government Girl's College, Ikot Obio Itong Akwa Ibom State invites interested and capable contractors to indicate interest by submitting tender documents for the following works:
The Federal Government Girl's College, Ikot Obio Itong, Akwa Ibom State Nigeria was created on 27th of September, 1987. The creation was as a result of the Federal Government of Nigeria policy of establishing at least two Federal Unity College in each state of the Federation. It went through the necessary formative processes and finally berthed on the 14th of April, 1989. The First student admitted into the College was Miss Anietie Etukudoh.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to Tender for 2022 Capital Projects
The Federal Government of Nigeria has allocated Funds to the Federal Government Girls' College, Ikot-Obio-Itong, Akwa Ibom State in the 2022 appropriation for the execution of policies, programmes and projects toward achieving the mandate of the College. Accordingly, the College wishes to invite reputable Companies with relevant proven competence and experiences to submit tenders for the execution of the following projects.
Scope of Work
- Lot W1 / Construction of one students dining hall - Storey Building / FGCC Obio Itong
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including form CAC2 and CAC7 (or CAC 1.1 as applicable);
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2019,2020 & 2021) valid till 31 December, 2022; with minimum average turnover of N20 million;
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above)
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N5om and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITI) Compliance Certificate valid till 31" December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31/12/2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Federal Government Girls College, Tkot-Obio-Itong or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in the bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years-2019, 2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS); Reference letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria, indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three(3) similar jobs executed in the last five 5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and photographs of the projects;
- List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) should be provided (CAC, Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Compliance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Compliance Certificate, IRR & Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner);
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a covering/forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No., ande mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
12:00 Noon Wednesday, 15th June, 2022.
Opening of Technical Bids
Only the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Wednesday, 15 June, 2022 in the College's E-Library in the presence of bidders and their representatives while the financial bids will be kept un-opened. Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register, as the College will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents
The tender documents are to be collected from the Office of the Vice Principal Special Duties between the working hours of 08:00am and 04:00pm daily upon the payment of non-refundable tender fee of N10,000.00 per Lotto Federal Government Girls' College, Ikot-Obio Itong, Akwa Ibom State through REMITA platform in any Commercial Bank, and present the teller for the College receipt.(The GIFMTS Code for Tenders Fee: 100017800g should be indicated in the appropriate column while generating the RRR)
Submission of Tender Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the lot desired, two Hard copies (Marked Original& Copy) each for both Technical & Financial Bids with soft copy of Financial bid only in MS excel format, packaged in two separated wax sealed envelopes clearly marked at the top right corner of each envelope stating the title of the project i.e. "Technical Bids for project Title and Lot No." & "Financial Bids for Project Title and Lot No." and at the reverse side the name of the company should be boldly written.
Both envelopes shall then be put in a larger envelope clearly marked at the top right corner stating the title of the project and be left in the appropriate Tender Box at the Vice-Principal Special Duties' office to be addressed to:
Federal Government Girls' College Ikot-Obio-Itong,
Akwa Ibom State.
Please make sure you sign the Bid Submission Register at Vice Principal Special Duties' office as Federal Government Girls' College, Ikot Obio Itong will not be held responsible for misplaced or wrongly submitted Bids.
- Bid must be in English language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder,
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened;
- All costs will be borne by the bidders;
- Attendees at the bid openings shall be required to wash hands, use hand sanitizer, wear mask and observe physical distancing. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording and invitation link will be sent to bidders who chooses to join the bid opening online;
- Only pre qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened;
- The Federal Government Girls College, Ikot Obio Itong is not bound to pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
For further enquiries, please contact the Principal on email: email@example.com