The Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) invites competent and reputable interested companies / contractors consultants to submit tender documents for the procurement of the following works:
The Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) is an agency of the Federal Ministry of Education of Nigeria. It was established by the TRCN Decree N0. 31 of 1993 (now TRCN Act CAP T3 of 2004). The major mandates are the regulation and control of the Teaching Profession at all levels of the Nigerian Education system, both in the public and private sectors.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation to tender for 2022 Capital Projects and Internally Generated revenue
The Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN), an agency of the Federal Ministry of Education (FME), established to regulate and control the teaching profession in all ramification, with Headquarters at Abuja, FCT, Nigeria in pursuit of implementing its mandate wishes to procure the following under listed projects for Goods, Works and Consultancy Services under its 2022 Financial Year Capital Budget and Internally Generated Revenue (GR).
In compliance with the Public Procurement Act 2007, the Council wishes to invite competent and reputable interested companies/contractors consultants to submit documents for any of the projects/services listed hereunder
Scope and Categories
Category A - Goods:
- Lot 001/G/22 - Procurement of Licensing Printing Materials
- Lot 002/G/22 - Production of Registration Forms
- Lot 003/G/22 - Printing of Certificates
- Lot 004/G/22 - Procurement of Computer Hardware
- Lot 005/G/22 - Procurement of Furniture
- Lot 006/G/22 - Procurement of Office Equipment
- Lot 007/G/22 - Printing of Statutory and Non-Statutory Document
- Lot 008/G/22 - Provision of Educational Materials for Secondary School
- Lot 009/G/22 - Provision of Educational Materials for Primary School
- Lot 0010/G/22 - Supply of Poverty Alleviation and Economic Empowerment Starter Pack
- Lot 0011/G/22 - Provision of empowerment materials for youths
Category B - Works:
- Lot 001/W/22 - Renovation of TRCN State Office
Category C - Consultancy Services:
- Lot 001/C/22 - Consultancy Services for Pedagogical Skills
- Lot 002/C/22 - Capacity Building of Teachers on Digital Literacy in the South-East Geopolitical Zone
- Lot 003/C/22 - Capacity Building of Teachers on Digital Literacy in the North-West Geopolitical Zone
- Lot 004/C/22 - Capacity Building of Teachers on Digital Literacy in the North-East Geopolitical Zone,
- Lot 005/C/22 - Digital Archiving of Documents (Procurement and Accounts Departments).
- Lot 006/C/22 - E-Learning Capacity training programme for teachers in the use of ICT in Education Pedagogies and Professional training for ICT Staft/Administrators,
- Lot 007/C/22 - ICT skills training for youths.
- Lot 008/C/22 - Teachers Information System (data Collection and analysis)
To qualify for consideration, interested companies with experience in similar jobs are required to submit the documents listed hereunder. Failure to submit any of the under listed documents will lead to disqualification of the Contractor/Consultant:
Application Closing Date (Goods & Works)
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC2 and CAC7, annual returns, memorandum & article of association Business Name is also acceptable for Services:
- Evidence of Company's Income Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years valid till 31 st December, 2022, with minimum average annual turnover of N50 million for works and N30 million for Goods and Services
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31 st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above)
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31 st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above):
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31 st December 2022
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31 st December, 2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP:
- Sworn Affidavit disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars:
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020 2021), duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
- Reference letter from a reputable commercial bank indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the project when needed
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN. QSRBN, ARCON, CORBON etc.
- ICT jobs: Evidence of current registration accreditation with Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria and National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
- Training Company's valid training license issued by the Centre for Management Development (CMD);
- For Supply of Equipment: letter of Authorisation as Representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs)
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates. Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Works: List of Plants/Equipment with proof of Ownership/Lease;
- For Joint Venture/Partnership. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (CAC Tax Clearance Certificate, Pension Clearance Certificate, ITF Compliance Certificate, NSITF Clearance Certificate, IRR &: Sworn Affidavit are compulsory for each JV partner):
- All documents for submission must be submitted with a Covering Forwarding letter under the Company Firm's Lotter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Numbers (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm,
12:00 noon Monday, 6th June, 2022.
Application Closing Date (EOI)
12:00 Noon Monday, 16th May, 2022.
Opening of EOI and Technical Bids
The EOI and the technical bids will be opened immediately after the deadlines for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday, 16 th May, 2022 and 12:00 noon Monday, 6th June 2022 in the Conference Room of the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, 12 Oda Crescent, Off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse 2. Abuja, in the presence of bidders or their representatives, while the Financial Bids will be kept unopened.
Please, ensure that you sign the Bid Submission Register in the office of The Secretary, Management Tenders Committee/Head, Procurement and Physical Planning, as the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) will not be held liable for misplaced or wrongly submitted bids.
Collection of Tender Documents (Goods & Works)
Interested Companies are to collect the Standard Bidding Documents (SBDs) from the office of The Secretary, Management Tenders Committee. New Office Building, Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria, 12. Oda Crescent, Off Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse 2. Abuja, FCT on evidence of payment of a non-refundable Tender Fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only per Lot, paid into the Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) Remita account in any reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria.
Bidding documents are to be collected between the hours 9:00am to 3:00pm of work days (Monday to Friday) except public holidays. Firms interested in Services will not pay at this stage until after shortlisting.
Submission of Tender Documents (Goods & Works)
Prospective bidders are to submit bid for each of the Lot desired, two (2) hard copies each of the Technical and Financial Bids with softcopy of Financial Bid only in MS Excel format. packaged separately in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as Technical Bidor "Financial Bid". Thereafter, put the two sealed envelopes together in a bigger sealed envelope addressed to:
Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria,
12 Oda Crescent,
Off Aminu Kano Crescent Wuse 2,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Tender should be clearly marked with the name of the project and the lot Number. Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and dropped in the designated Tender Box located in the Office of the Secretary, Procurement Planning Committee, Registrar's Block, not later than the specified closing date.
Submission of EOI Documents for Services
Interested Firms in Services are to submit the Expression of Interest (EOI) for each of the Lot desired, in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies). The EOI should be addressed as indicated above and submitted not later than the specified closing date.
- Bids must be in English Language and signed by an official authorised by the bidder,
- Bids submitted after the deadline for submission would be returned un-opened
- Bidders should not bid for more than two (2) Lots
- Bids/EOIs should be paginated and signed
- All costs will be borne by the bidders
- Attendees at the bids opening shall be required to wash hands, use hand sanitizer. wear mask and observe physical distancing. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording and invitation link will be sent to bidders who chooses to join the bid opening online:
- Goods & Works: Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at later date for virtual financial bids opening, while the financial bids of un-successful bidders will be returned un-opened:
- Services: Only shortlisted Firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- TRCN reserves the right to verify from relevant body, the authenticity of any claim made on the Documents submitted by all Companies.
- This advertisement is published for information purposes only and shall neither be construed to be a commitment on the part of TRCN, nor shall it entitle the applicant to any claim(s) whatsoever and or seek any indemnity from TRCN by virtue of such applicant having responded to this publication
- TRCN will not be responsible for any cost or expenses incurred by any interested parties in connection with any response to this invitation and or the preparation or submission in response to enquiry.
- The Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) is not bound to pre-qualify/shortlist any bidder and reserved the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
For further enquiries, please contact the Head, Procurement on 08023092884/09154702228.