The Federal Ministry of Women Affairs invites experienced and competent Contractors, Suppliers and Service Providers to submit pre-qualification documents and EOI for the execution of the following projects:
The Nigerian Ministry of Women Affairs is a ministry of the Nigerian government that promotes the development of women with equal rights and corresponding responsibilities. The objectives of the Ministry include stimulating action to promote civic, political, social and economic participation of women; coordinating and monitoring women's programmes; providing technical and financial support to women non-governmental organizations, especially the National Council of Women Societies. The Ministry of Women Affairs is required to review substantive and procedural laws that affect women.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Invitation for Pre-Qualification and Expression of Interest (EOI) for Implementation of 2022 Capital Budget
The Federal Government of Nigeria has allocated funds to the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs in the 2022Appropriation Act for the execution of Policies, Programmes and Projects. Accordingly, in compliance with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act (PPA), 2007, the Ministry wishes to invite experienced and competent Contractors, Suppliers and Service Providers to submit pre-qualification documents and EOI for the execution of the following projects.
Scope of Projects
Category A - Works:
- A1 - Installation of Solar Panel and Inverter
- A2 - Construction/Renovation Works
Category B - Goods:
- B1 - Purchase of Vehicles
- B2 - General Supplies
- B3 - Computerisation/Networking Materials
- B4 - Supply of Empowerment Materials
Category C - Consultancy and Other Services:
- C1 - Training and Women Development;
- C2 - Insurance of Ministry Assets;
- C3 - Digitalization and Archiving of Records in Ministry's Headquarters and Outstations;
- C4 - Preparation and Digitalization of Standard Operating Procedures of the Ministry's Activities:
- C5 - Engagement for Youth Job Creation (PPP) Desk;
- C6 - Consultant Services for Database Software for Finance and Account Department;
- C7 - Consultant Services for the Convention on the Elimination of all forms Discrimination against Women (CEDAW) 9th Country Periodic Report.
Prospective bidders should submit the following documents:
Application Closing Date
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation issued by Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including Form CAC1.1 or CAC2 and CAC7. Business Name is also acceptable in case of Services;
- Evidence of Company's current Annual Returns to CAC;
- Evidence of Tax Clearance Certificate (or Personal Income Tax Clearance Certificate of all the Partners in case of Business Name) for the last three (3) years (2019, 2020&2021) valid till 31 December, 2022.
- Evidence of Pension Clearance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 15 and above);
- Evidence of Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2022 (this requirement is only applicable to bidders whose number of staff is 5 and above or the bidder's annual turnover is N50m and above);
- Evidence of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Clearance Certificate valid till 31 December, 2022;
- Evidence of Registration on the BPP's National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on 31 December, 2022 or valid Certificate issued by BPP;
- Company's Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years -2019, 2020 & 2021, duly acknowledged by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS):
- A Sworn Affidavit:
- Disclosing whether or not any officer of the relevant committees of the Federal Ministry of Women Affairs or the Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder and to confirm that all information presented in its bid are true and correct in all particulars;
- That no Partner/Director has been convicted in any country for criminal offences related to fraudulent or corrupt practices, or criminal misrepresentation or falsification of facts relating to any matter;
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) similar jobs executed in the last five (5) years including Letters of Awards, Valuation Certificates, Job Completion Certificates and Photographs of the projects;
- Verifiable evidence of proof of ownership and/or lease of the construction equipment/Warehouse required for the successful execution of these contracts;
- Reference Letter from a reputable Commercial Bank in Nigeria, indicating commitment to fund the project when awarded;
- Company's Profile with the Curriculum Vitae of Key Staff to be deployed for the project, including copies of their Academic/Professional qualifications such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, SURCON, CORBON, TOPREC, NIESV, CIPSMN etc.;
- For Supply of Equipment: Letter of Authorisation as representative of the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs);
- Services: Evidence of Firm's current registration with relevant regulatory professional body such as COREN, QSRBN, ARCON, SURCON, CORBON, etc.
- Insurance: Operational Licence issued by NAICOM, Valid and adequate re-insurance Treaty arrangement & Certified True Copy of Audited Accounts approved by NAICOM;
- ICT jobs: Evidence of current Licence/accreditation with Computer Professionals Registration Council of Nigeria and National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA);
- Electricity Jobs: Evidence of current Licence issued by Nigerian Electricity Management Services Agency (NEMSA);
- Only companies included in the National Automotive Design and Development Council's approved list of local manufacturers of vehicles or their authorised representatives should bid for the Vehicles;
- All documents for submission must be transmitted with a Covering/Forwarding letter under the Company/Firm's Letter Head Paper bearing amongst others, the Registration Number (RC) as issued by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), Contact Address, Telephone Number (preferably GSM No.), and e-mail address. The Letterhead Paper must bear the Names and Nationalities of the Directors of the Company at the bottom of the page, duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
12:00 Noon Monday, 23rd May, 2022.
Opening of EOI and Pre-Qualification Documents
The EOI and the pre-qualification documents will be publicly opened immediately after the deadline for submission at 12:00 noon on Monday 23 May, 2022, in the Permanent Secretary's Conference Room, 4 Floor, Women Affairs, Abuja. 5.2 Bidders, CSOs, Professional bodies are invited to the opening.
Submission of Pre-Qualification / EOI Documents
Prospective bidders are to submit pre-qualification documents/EOI for each of the Lot desired; two (2) hard copies each of the technical bids/EOI packaged in sealed envelopes and clearly marked as "Technical Bid" or "EOI"; and addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary,
Federal Ministry of Women Affairs Headquarters,
F.C.T - Abuja.
Documents should be clearly marked with the name of the project and the Lot number). Furthermore, the reverse of each sealed envelope should bear the name and address of the bidder and drop in the designated Tender Box located behind the Ministry's Car Park, Plot 1070 CBD, Ralph Shodeinde Street, Abuja not later than the specified closing date.
- No bidder is allowed to participate in more than one (1) lot per category and maximum of two (2) lots in all categories.
- The Ministry shall verify all the claims made by applicants and shall disqualify any company whose claims are found to be false in addition to other sanctions that may be deemed necessary
- Bidders who have worked for the Ministry and have history of poor performance, abandonment, termination and/or prolonged contract execution period need not apply as their bids shall be excluded from the process in line with Section 16(8)(b) of the PPA, 2007;
- All costs incurred in responding to this advertisement shall be borne solely by the Bidders
- This advertisement shall not be construed as a commitment on the part of the Ministry to award contract to any bidder;
- Attendees at the bid openings shall be required to wash hands, use hand sanitiser, wear mask and observe physical distancing. The Bids Opening will be covered by video recording and invitation link will be sent to bidders who chooses to join the bid opening online; Goods & Works:
- Only pre-qualified bidders at technical evaluation will be invited at a later date for collection of tender documents;
- Services: Only shortlisted firms will be invited at a later date for collection of Request for Proposals;
- The Federal Ministry of Women Affairs is not bound to shortlist/pre-qualify any bidder and reserves the right to annul the Procurement process at any time without incurring any liabilities in accordance with Section 28 of the Public Procurement Act, 2007.
All enquiries are to be directed to:
Federal Ministry of Women Affairs,
F.C.T - Abuja.